Feds want to lower BAC to .05 for drunk driving

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
I'm all for this but the constitution says DUI is a state issue. Of course 99% of what the feds do should be handled by the states if we follow the constitution; in particular the 10th amendment.

Feds Want to Lower LegalDriving Limit to One Drink

jan 15 2016 The National Transportation Safety Board wants to decrease the legal driving limit to one drink, lowering the legal limit on blood-alcohol content to 0.05 “or even lower.”

The agency released its “most wanted list” on Wednesday, a laundry list of policies it would like implemented nationally. The list includes recommendations to reduce the current 0.08 blood alcohol content limit and outlaw all cell phone use while driving, even hands-free technology.

“When it comes to alcohol use, we know that impairment begins before a person’s BAC reaches 0.08 percent, the current legal limit in the United States,” the agency said. “In fact, by the time it reaches that level, the risk of a fatal crash has more than doubled. That is why states should lower BAC levels to 0.05— or even lower.”

I'm all for this but the constitution says DUI is a state issue. Of course 99% of what the feds do should be handled by the states if we follow the constitution; in particular the 10th amendment.

jan 15 2016 The National Transportation Safety Board wants to decrease the legal driving limit to one drink, lowering the legal limit on blood-alcohol content to 0.05 “or even lower.”

The agency released its “most wanted list” on Wednesday, a laundry list of policies it would like implemented nationally. The list includes recommendations to reduce the current 0.08 blood alcohol content limit and outlaw all cell phone use while driving, even hands-free technology.

“When it comes to alcohol use, we know that impairment begins before a person’s BAC reaches 0.08 percent, the current legal limit in the United States,” the agency said. “In fact, by the time it reaches that level, the risk of a fatal crash has more than doubled. That is why states should lower BAC levels to 0.05— or even lower.”

What exactly is your issue? These are NTSB recommendations. The NTSB is an advisory and investigatory board. Making recommendations is what they do.

How does that violate the constitution?

What exactly is your issue? These are NTSB recommendations. The NTSB is an advisory and investigatory board. Making recommendations is what they do.

why don't they just ban it and get it over with. you'd be for that right? after that we can start on banning/cutting down on abortions

why don't they just ban it and get it over with. you'd be for that right? after that we can start on banning/cutting down on abortions

Ban what? Again, the NTSB is an transportation safety advisory board. And you're losing your shit because they offered their advise and recommendations on transportation safety.

Despite this being *exactly* what Congress tasked them to do.

I'm still unclear what the issue is.

all this is about it more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for these Governments and more controls over YOU. GAWD WAKE UP

State's rights issue

How does an NTSB recommendation violate any 'right' by any state?

Specifically.

well how about another administration comes in and want's to raise it back to .10? I'm sure you'd be not understanding then too

The NTSB recommendations don't raise anything. The NTSB is an advisory board. They research transportation issues and issue advise on transportation safety.

So....how does that violate any State 'right'?

all this is about it more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for these Governments and more controls over YOU. GAWD WAKE UP

Or.....you're hysterically overreacting to an advisory board doing exactly what congress recommended it do: research and advise on transportation safety.

So....what's the issue, exactly?

State's rights issue

Specifically.

States determine legal BAC limits. I never said the "recommendation" violated any rights. Work on your reading comprehension before responding to me in the future

And where does the NTSB recommendations say otherwise? Remember, these are merely *advisements* and *recommendations* based on their research.

It doesn't actually raise any BAC limit.....anywhere.

So what 'right' of a State is being violated by a transportation advisory board advising on transportation safety? And if there is none....how could this possibly be a 'State's Rights' issue?

Or.....you're hysterically overreacting to an advisory board doing exactly what congress recommended it do: research and advise on transportation safety.

Are always such an ass? why yes you are. You come in and overtake a thread by asking the same crap over and over.
you just like to argue and it's not becoming

State's rights issue

Specifically.

States determine legal BAC limits. I never said the "recommendation" violated any rights. Work on your reading comprehension before responding to me in the future

And where does the NTSB recommendations say otherwise? Remember, these are merely *advisements* and *recommendations* based on their research.

It doesn't actually raise any BAC limit.....anywhere.

So what 'right' of a State is being violated by a transportation advisory board advising on transportation safety? And if there is none....how could this possibly be a 'State's Rights' issue?

You asked I answered, stop tying to cover your dumbass asking again

Are always such an ass? why yes you are. You come in and overtake a thread by asking the same crap over and over.
you just like to argue and it's not becoming

And by 'overtake a thread', you mean actually know what the fuck I'm talking about?

The NTSB isn't making any rule for any state. There is no State Rights issue, as BAC are and remain the State's to set. The NTSB's report is a list of recommendations and advisement based on their research.

You're rhetorically shitting yourself because someone released recommendations on transportation safety.

Which pretty much raises over-reaction to an art form.

Forum List

Back