Feeling sorry for employers who claim they can't find workers

Our paper mill here has many vacancies. Starting wage is 26.75 per hour for zero experience. Only 2 weeks paid vacation though.

Construction. For 16 years. Paid my workers well above the govt to start. Treat them like royalty they work hard. Treat them like just an employee they don't. I am fully in the workers corner.
You really expect anyone to believe that YOU owned a company and paid workers? You're just one more liberal idiot that doesn't have a clue about the Private Sector or how hard it is to run your own business! You're fully in the worker's corner because you've never been anything but an employee and you never WILL be anything but an employee!

We offer 30 to start.....zero experience which is a leap of faith on employers part........and still can't find people.. Poaching from others working their people 14 hr days

What industry, or company, would pay $30 an hour for someone with absolutely no job experience in the field?

Kinda' sounds like Hunter Biden!
There is no excess slack.....were up 30% and can't keep up with no end in site
What kind of work?

You can believe whatever you want. Do you think I care what you think? I'm retired. 90 years old. Been collecting social security a looooong time now. Those of you still working I feel bad for you. Retire asap it's the only way.

You can believe whatever you want. Do you think I care what you think? I'm retired. 90 years old. Been collecting social security a looooong time now. Those of you still working I feel bad for you. Retire asap it's the only way.
so youve been wasting out time,, figures,,

We offer 30 to start.....zero experience which is a leap of faith on employers part........and still can't find people.. Poaching from others working their people 14 hr days

What industry, or company, would pay $30 an hour for someone with absolutely no job experience in the field?

Kinda' sounds like Hunter Biden!
There is no excess slack.....were up 30% and can't keep up with no end in site
What kind of work?
Trc/tlr driver. Even UPS freight is hiring newbies. Bumped into one who alrdy had an accident without consequence .

If your "job" is something you love to do...it's not work! I feel bad for anyone that hasn't figured that out!

So your broke

The worst day in retirement beats the best day of work. Spare the love. Most workers tolerate their jobs. Some really like them. But most deal with them.

Actually not broke. Social security plus investments and I'm doing fine because of me.

Our paper mill here has many vacancies. Starting wage is 26.75 per hour for zero experience. Only 2 weeks paid vacation though.

Let me guess! It is hot and humid, and physically tiring work? You actually have to show up to work on time and not in a drug-induced or alcohol stupor. You are not going to get today's snowflakes to take that sort of employment, no matter how much you pay.

My wife's company does high speed internet, cable TV, and phone service , both mobile and internet based. They sit in cubicles in a call center with air conditioning and a comfortable work environment. Their biggest issue with this generation is simply showing up for work. Turnover is about 50% each year.

Are you incapable of quoting due to your senility? You should have retired about the time I left the military. I am on my third career while you cluelessly comment about something from 30 years ago.

I have zero vested interest in jobs anymore. Yes people don't enjoy working in a paper mill. So who cares if they do or don't? I'm just discussing starting wages. 26.75 is decent. Not great but with the benefits is ok.

The worst day in retirement beats the best day of work. Spare the love. Most workers tolerate their jobs. Some really like them. But most deal with them.
You're an idiot. I loved my career. When I retired I did nothing for two years...got bored to tears and decided to do something with the rest of my life. Now I'm a golf professional. I love my job. Look forward to going to work every day.

Forum List

Back