Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Finds

Title of thread:

Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Finds

So you admit it is misleading?

Find me an article title that ISN'T misleading or DOESN'T take creative licence.

Edit: Find me a political article title that ISN'T misleading or DOESN'T take creative licence.

All of them do it.

The title of this one remains factually correct, though....

I have to change my mind and admit that I agree with you

Since this is a Fox News story, it meets their typical journalistic standards

carry on

Faux News has JOURNALISTIC STANDARDS???

Title of thread:

So you admit it is misleading?

Find me an article title that ISN'T misleading or DOESN'T take creative licence.

Edit: Find me a political article title that ISN'T misleading or DOESN'T take creative licence.

All of them do it.

carry on

All of them do it... If you are claiming only FNC does it then you are as stupid as VaPudYank....

The six-month election recount that turned former "Saturday Night Live" comedian Al Franken into a U.S. senator may have been decided by convicted felons who voted illegally in Minnesota's Twin Cities.

That's the finding of an 18-month study conducted by Minnesota Majority, a conservative watchdog group, which found that at least 341 convicted felons in largely Democratic Minneapolis-St. Paul voted illegally in the 2008 Senate race between Franken, a Democrat, and his Republican opponent, then-incumbent Sen. Norm Coleman.

The final recount vote in the race, determined six months after Election Day, showed Franken beat Coleman by 312 votes -- fewer votes than the number of felons whose illegal ballots were counted, according to Minnesota Majority's newly released study, which matched publicly available conviction lists with voting records.

Furthermore, the report charges that efforts to get state and federal authorities to act on its findings have been "stonewalled."

"We aren't trying to change the result of the last election. That legally can't be done," said Dan McGrath, Minnesota Majority's executive director. "We are just trying to make sure the integrity of the next election isn't compromised."

FOXNews.com - Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Finds

watch TM have a conniption fit.

Again with fixedlies? Seldom Fair an VERY Un-Balanced? Find a better, more reliable news source.

All of them do it.

carry on

All of them do it... If you are claiming only FNC does it then you are as stupid as VaPudYank....

We are still waiting for you to provide all that doctored footage from MSNBC you claimed

FOXNews.com - Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Finds

You can't make this stuff up. Fox News claiming that the reason Franken won was because felons voted from him. I haven't seen deceptive headlines like this since the heyday of the National Enquirer

The Truth About Fraud: Case Studies by Issue

Case Studies by Issue
Photo ID
Much of the hue and cry about voter fraud is accompanied by calls for restrictive ID requirements, like laws requiring voters to show particular photo ID documents at the polls. Some of this may be a sincere, if mistaken, belief in the need for restrictive ID measures. But this clip from a May 17, 2007, Houston Chronicle article suggests another rationale:

Among Republicans it is an 'article of religious faith that voter fraud is causing us to lose elections,' [Royal] Masset[, former political director of the Republican Party of Texas,] said. He doesn't agree with that, but does believe that requiring photo IDs could cause enough of a dropoff in legitimate Democratic voting to add 3 percent to the Republican vote.

carry on

We are still waiting for you to provide all that doctored footage from MSNBC you claimed
You'll be waiting a while because I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about...

You can't make this stuff up. Fox News claiming that the reason Franken won was because felons voted from him. I haven't seen deceptive headlines like this since the heyday of the National Enquirer
You can see them daily at MSNBC, CBS and Huffington...

I think your fauxtrage with FNC is a bit hackish, but then again you ARE a leftist hack...

How do you feel about republican leadership that dosent think there is any real voter fraud but that ID laws would be good because they would keep some dems from voting?

The six-month election recount that turned former "Saturday Night Live" comedian Al Franken into a U.S. senator may have been decided by convicted felons who voted illegally in Minnesota's Twin Cities.

That's the finding of an 18-month study conducted by Minnesota Majority, a conservative watchdog group, which found that at least 341 convicted felons in largely Democratic Minneapolis-St. Paul voted illegally in the 2008 Senate race between Franken, a Democrat, and his Republican opponent, then-incumbent Sen. Norm Coleman.

The final recount vote in the race, determined six months after Election Day, showed Franken beat Coleman by 312 votes -- fewer votes than the number of felons whose illegal ballots were counted, according to Minnesota Majority's newly released study, which matched publicly available conviction lists with voting records.

Furthermore, the report charges that efforts to get state and federal authorities to act on its findings have been "stonewalled."

"We aren't trying to change the result of the last election. That legally can't be done," said Dan McGrath, Minnesota Majority's executive director. "We are just trying to make sure the integrity of the next election isn't compromised."

After looking at the group's website who came up with this and considering it would take about 90% of those felons to vote for Franken in order that to "may" have happened, I'm going with this study is a crock of shit from a collection of right wing loons. No shock at all that FOXNews is running with this.

You'll be waiting a while because I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about...

I think your fauxtrage with FNC is a bit hackish, but then again you ARE a leftist hack...

Once again...put up or shut up

Show where MSNBC, CBS or Huffington has equally deceptive lead ins

Your "Everyone else does it" is getting lame

It's Dr. House you are dealing with. My guess is that at this point he will attack you personally and STILL not provide anything to back up his bullshit. It is just a guess, of course...

Are you fucking kidding me??? You are seriously claiming than only FNC produces misleadiung titles?

Holy shit - You want lame, look in the mirror...

Are you fucking kidding me??? You are seriously claiming than only FNC produces misleadiung titles?

Put up or shut up

I will wait. You can start with CBS and then provide Huffington or MSNBC

It's Dr. House you are dealing with. My guess is that at this point he will attack you personally and STILL not provide anything to back up his bullshit. It is just a guess, of course...

Listen numbnuts...

I've been posting on MB's for years and your games are as old as Algore's internets...

You ask for proof of something blatently obvious, I produce a link, and you reply claiming that isn't proof...

If you want to sit there and claim that only FNC produces misleading article titles, then nothing I produce can change your mind...

Years ago I would have given you a few examples... Life's too short to play your childish games over and over, so here - go ahead and claim victory...

Woo Hoo! You guys rawk!

:clap2:

Put up or shut up

I will wait. You can start with CBS and then provide Huffington or MSNBC

Nope on both...

But here - You win the internets!! Yay!!!

You showed me, huh? Boy yessir!!

So now all you have to prove is that 312 out of 341 (91%) ended up voting for Franken

Good luck

I'm not required to "prove" anything turd licking asswipe.

That sums up your postings right there. Well done. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

No wonder Democrats are against a voter's id card. They don't want fair elections. This is the only way they can get their candidates elected... What a great country we live in...

Another difference between Conservatives and Liberals... Conservatives are for fair elections all of the time... Liberals are only for fair elections only when they lose.

Forum List

Back