Female genital mutilation is a crime in the US

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), more than 200 million females alive today have been subjected to female genital mutilation (FGM). Aliens from the 30 countries where this practice is concentrated are immigrating to the United States, and a serious effort is not being made to prevent them from practicing FGM here.
Female genital mutilation is a crime in the US — so why is it rarely prosecuted?
View attachment 175766

Just turn your head it will all go away or you can act like a trendy leftist liberal and deny it even exist that's always the easy cowardly way out. They're experts at that.

What is your point, exactly? Are you saying that FGM is being done in the US and the authorities are intentionally not prosecuting it? Are the police/law enforcement not arresting people who practice it in the US? Should those who are having this done to their children in other countries be prosecuted here?

If you are saying FGM is being practiced in the US, do you have evidence of that?
It's MindWhores, think intense emotive appeal and obvious suggestive approach; "OMG if we let them in this will be rampant and law enforcement/liberals will do nothing to stop it!!!!!"
she's actually quite amusing, not that she intends to be. :lol:
ur a fkn idiot SNITCH CYKA
:rofl:

Like we all see you are a STUPID ASS ON STEROIDS, right along with the-rest of the brain dead idiots up there

DEMOTARDS are loved by POLITICIANS because they know you idiots at to stupid to see anything right in front of them every word flapped out of your pathetic mouths proves it all by yourselves.

View attachment 175788

FROM THE HILL DEMOTARD

FGM has been a crime in America since 1996. Federal law provides that, “whoever knowingly circumcises, excises, or infibulates the whole or any part of the labia majora or labia minora or clitoris of another person who has not attained the age of 18 years shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.”
Female genital mutilation is a crime in the US — so why is it rarely prosecuted?
No folks, not even Hollywood could make this "the sky is falling" shit up.......

:rofl: :lmao: :lmao: :rofl:

You aren't Jewish, so it wasn't a religious rite.

Correct. And yet, it's the same thing for either. Which means they must have something in common other than a religion.

Tell us --- which is older, Judaism or circumcision?

Squirm alert.....
I'm telling you how it goes. There was this covenant, see. Between God and Abraham. It applies to all Jews to this day. They must be circumcised.

Others can or can't be, as is their want, for any variety of reasons. But no other religion requires it.

You won't answer this one either.

I just gave it away though.
You're asking me a question that has no connection to my point. You were not circumcised for religious reasons. Your neighbor Shlomo was.

That might give Shlomo a religious window dressing for his that I didn't have. But it's the same procedure either way, religious ornamentation or not.

And the facts are, (a) the Torah does nor require it, and (b) circumcision, in both the male and female versions, was around long before Islam, long before Christianism, and
Same procedure, different reason. A cultural tradition is not the same thing as a religious rite. Selling your own people used to be a cultural tradition in Africa. Jews have been getting circumcised sinnce Abraham made his covenant with God.

You aren't Jewish, so it wasn't a religious rite.

Correct. And yet, it's the same thing for either. Which means they must have something in common other than a religion.

Tell us --- which is older, Judaism or circumcision?

Squirm alert.....
I'm telling you how it goes. There was this covenant, see. Between God and Abraham. It applies to all Jews to this day. They must be circumcised.

Others can or can't be, as is their want, for any variety of reasons. But no other religion requires it.

You won't answer this one either.

I just gave it away though.
You're asking me a question that has no connection to my point. You were not circumcised for religious reasons. Your neighbor Shlomo was.
What IS your point, Aba?
You said changing the culture of FGM would be similar to changing a Jewish religious rite. I said not really.

Sharia law, and freedom of religion and the 1st amendment thingy, carving off clitorises is a Muslim thingy, like cutting of hands or heads, where do we draw the line at "acceptance" or "tolerance"?

Sharia law, and freedom of religion and the 1st amendment thingy, carving off clitorises is a Muslim thingy, like cutting of hands or heads, where do we draw the line at "acceptance" or "tolerance"?

No, it is not. Once AGAIN it predates Islam (and Christianism and Judaism) by thousand of years.

Same procedure, different reason. A cultural tradition is not the same thing as a religious rite.

Exactly, that's what I've been saying all along.

So if me and Shlomo both get cut, and his is 'religious' and mine is not, guess what's left.

Besides which --- as I keep pointing out over and over --- circumcision (of either type) is WAY older than any religion. It was already there when each one of those religions bubbled up.

Where does the Quran advocate that?

No, it is not. Once AGAIN it predates Islam (and Christianism and Judaism) by thousand of years.
Well the west never condoned this, Islam does. And Islam still practices it. Again, the west never condoned female genital mutilation. How or were it came from, is irrelevant.

Well the west never condoned this, Islam does. And Islam still practices it. Again, the west never condone this. How or were it came from, irreverent.

WRONG. Islam does not "practice" it. It has no religious function at all. It's a social practice. Those who do it --- and they can be identified by geography --- do so out of the pressures of social expectations ---- not out of any religion. It's done or not done according to the social-structure legacy of that group in that area. That's it.

An earlier article posted here (don't know the post number, I think it was by the OP) linked to some concerning numbers of FGM happening in Ethiopia. Ethiopia is predominantly Christian. Doesn't mean one causes the other --- coincidence is not causation.

Same procedure, different reason. A cultural tradition is not the same thing as a religious rite.

So if me and Shlomo both get cut, and his is 'religious' and mine is not, guess what's left.

Besides which --- as I keep pointing out over and over --- circumcision (of either type) is WAY older than any religion. It was already there when each one of those religions bubbled up.
Name a living religion that practiced circumcision before the Jews.

And the result is not the issue, rather the cause. The issue is motivation.

Well the west never condoned this, Islam does. And Islam still practices it. Again, the west never condoned female genital mutilation. How or were it came from, is irrelevant.

The West and Islam.

Apples and Oranges.

How can you compare a regional culture with a world wide religion that is also practiced within that region?

FGM occurs in Non-Muslim countries btw.

Well the west never condoned this, Islam does. And Islam still practices it. Again, the west never condone this. How or were it came from, irreverent.

WRONG. Islam does not "practice" it. It has no religious function at all. It's a social practice. Those who do it --- and they can be identified by geography --- do so out of the pressures of social expectations ---- not out of any religion.

An earlier article posted here (don't know the post number, I think it was by the OP) linked to some numbers in Ethiopia. Ethiopia is predominantly Christian. Doesn't mean one causes the other --- coincidence is not causation.
Really. Christians don't cut off heads or hands let alone clitorises, me thinks you are reaching here. ...please, leave it alone already.

WRONG. Islam does not "practice" it. It has no religious function at all. It's a social practice. Those who do it --- and they can be identified by geography --- do so out of the pressures of social expectations ---- not out of any religion.

An earlier article posted here (don't know the post number, I think it was by the OP) linked to some numbers in Ethiopia. Ethiopia is predominantly Christian. Doesn't mean one causes the other --- coincidence is not causation.
Really. Christians don't cut off heads or hands let alone clitorises, me thinks you are reaching here. ...please, leave it alone already.

I majored in Anthropology. I already know this.
Sorry but your posting unhinged fiction on the internets doesn't somehow reach back in history and make it a real thing. The fact is FGM was in practice and in place LOOONG before any of our organized religions organized, and in all those thousands of years it's NEVER been about any kind of religion at all. It's been about patriarchy and its need to control women. That too goes back WAAAAAAY before Mohammed, Jesus or Moses was a twinkle in some scroll writer's eye.

Once AGAIN it wasn't practiced by "religions" as it is not a religious practice.
Religions
don't practice it --- cultures do.

Don't ask me to counter one causation fallacy --- with another causation fallacy. Just drop the fallacies.

Once AGAIN it wasn't practiced by "religions" as it is not a religious practice.
Religions

Don't ask me to counter one causation fallacy --- with another causation fallacy. Just drop the fallacies.
The covenant was between God, Abraham, and his descendants. Argue with them.

Religions

You are bloody genious in your own mind. The west may have a multitude of sins, but slavery, beheading or female genital mutilation isn't one of them. Not in the deepest darkest part of Mississippi. We in the west don't TAX Muslims, either. Islam taxes non Muslims. MMM, yes. Yes it does.

Religions

You are bloody genious in your own mind. The west may have a multitude of sins, but slavery, beheading or female genital mutilation isn't one of them. Not in the deepest darkest part of Mississippi. We in the west don't TAX Muslims, either. Islam taxes non Muslims. MMM, yes. Yes it does.

Then go ahead --- show us where it is in the Qu'ran. Be the first to find it.
Coyote already asked you that. You still have no response.

upload_2018-2-9_18-25-13.png

Rob Dew on Twitter

upload_2018-2-9_18-26-39.png

Female circumcision 'should be allowed by law' - leading member of Ireland's Islamic Cultural Centre - Independent.ie

Religions

Why are you so sure that a practice cannot be both cultural and religious?

Are you actually trying to say that Jews, at least of the conservative, orthodox variety, don't consider circumcision a religious mandate?

Here's The Jerusalem Council saying that circumcision is part of keeping the Covenant: http://jerusalemcouncil.org/articles/faqs/do-i-need-to-be-circumcised/

According to the Jewish Virtual Library Project, "The rite of circumcision (brit milah) is one of the most ancient practices of Judaism. The commandment to circumcise male children was given to Abraham in the Torah (Genesis 17:714 and repeated in Leviticus 12:3)." Circumcision- Brit Milah

Reform Judaism says that "B’rit milah, (literally, “covenant of circumcision”), also called a bris, refers to a religious ritual through which male babies are formally welcomed into the Jewish people." B'rit Milah: The Circumcision Ritual

There are also supposedly some Christian sects that perform circumcision for religious reasons: the Ethiopian Orthodox Church http://ethiopianorthodox.org/english/dogma/sacrabaptism.html
The Eritrean Orthodox Church https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eritrean_Orthodox_Tewahedo_Church

Circumcision can clearly be a religious and a cultural thing.

What is your point, exactly? Are you saying that FGM is being done in the US and the authorities are intentionally not prosecuting it? Are the police/law enforcement not arresting people who practice it in the US? Should those who are having this done to their children in other countries be prosecuted here?

If you are saying FGM is being practiced in the US, do you have evidence of that?
It's MindWhores, think intense emotive appeal and obvious suggestive approach; "OMG if we let them in this will be rampant and law enforcement/liberals will do nothing to stop it!!!!!"
she's actually quite amusing, not that she intends to be. :lol:
ur a fkn idiot SNITCH CYKA
:rofl:

Like we all see you are a STUPID ASS ON STEROIDS, right along with the-rest of the brain dead idiots up there

DEMOTARDS are loved by POLITICIANS because they know you idiots at to stupid to see anything right in front of them every word flapped out of your pathetic mouths proves it all by yourselves.

View attachment 175788

FROM THE HILL DEMOTARD

FGM has been a crime in America since 1996. Federal law provides that, “whoever knowingly circumcises, excises, or infibulates the whole or any part of the labia majora or labia minora or clitoris of another person who has not attained the age of 18 years shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.”
No folks, not even Hollywood could make this "the sky is falling" shit up.......

:rofl: :lmao: :lmao: :rofl:
:fu::ahole-1:

Forum List

Back