Fentanyl Killed One of My Best Friends Sons

$1M in fentanyl seized from Texas trio plotting to mail drugs back from Ohio, authorities say
He overdosed and was in a coma. They had to make the decision to pull the plug. This was at a time when both mother and father had lost their jobs due to NAFTA. Great fucking life huh? Thanks liberals for screwing up our country. Let drugs and illegals in...ship working class folks jobs out. Pricks.
First of all- I think it is terrible when any parents lose their child.

And I understand your instinct is to lash out and blame liberals- because that is what you do instinctively well for any reason at all.

NAFTA of course was passed with bipartisan support- the main opposition to NAFTA was always by liberals. NAFTA was proposed by Donald Reagan and signed by Bush, and signed into law by Clinton. So your revisionist 'blame NAFTA on the liberals' is just like the rest of your insane revisionist history.

And of course you blame 'illegals' even though the people in your article are Texans.

Finally the War on Drugs- the Conservative wonder which has gotten us into the state we are in with the Opioid crisis. The War on Drugs has never worked, has been an expensive boondoggle and Conservatives keep funding it and patting themselves on the back and telling themselves they are accomplishing something.

Meanwhile- you friend's son dies- because of conservative 'war on drugs'.

This is all on you Conservatives- his blood is on your hands.

Liberals rationalize that this isn't their fault while actively supporting Open Border policies.

That does not mean they are not responsible.

THey are vile scum.
Conservatives rationalize this the Liberals fault even though the criminals were from Texas- not Mexico.

Conservatives rationalize that this isn't another example of their failed 'war on drugs' while doing nothing about the Opioid crisis- other than blaming liberals.

The blood is on the hands of all of those who support the current 'war on drugs'

It's a tragedy for someone to perish to these evil chemicals. People are hooked and they don't come back. Much of this is shipped over from China and such, probably intentionally by the state. It's messed up. Some people are depressed and looking for any stimulation of their dopamine system so they turn to garbage.

Don't try such things and you won't get hooked. People need to be well informed and know, "you try this, you are going to die". This has to be promoted and advertised appropriately. Talk not only about what it does to you, but also your family and friends who deal with the grief and "what if" questions after you OD.
Just say no

But for many it's peer pressure, or a recent failure, state of depression that leads them to it. It could be alcohol, gambling or any other vice.
And it is still a choice.

Freedom has always been a double edged sword. You have to take the good along with the bad. An individual’s personal choices are beyond the reach of the state in reality and attempts to legislate these choices always ends badly. This problem is of our own making, and will never be solved by criminalizing personal choices. Education is the only answer along with instituting a more sane and comprehensive drug policy. A policy mirroring those in Europe where narcotics have been decriminalized and regulated, and addicts treated in the health system. It’s no coincidence that these countries don’t have the overdose or crime problems that we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fenatnyl didn't kill him he killed himself by using it.

YOu create an environment of despair, and easy access to drugs, you share in the responsibility of the results.

Not to mention the simple fact that the kid probably did not realize that the fenatnyl was in the drugs in the first place.

We need to legalize the sale and distribution of recreational drugs and have them inspected prior to sale in safe clean store fronts.

Then why are you in this thread, if you don't care?

Did you read my first post?

Drugs do not kill people.
People who choose to use drugs kill themselves

It is their choice and none of your business.

Who are you to tell me what is my business or not?

I'm me who the fuck are you to tell other people they can't choose to do drugs?

I'm their fellow citizen. We are part of a community. Judging other's behavior and taking care of one another is part of being part of a community.

Always has been.
No respecting other's people's choices is being part of a community

Who the fuck are you to sit in judgement of anyone else?

A certain amount of judgement of others (and selfs) actions is a fundamental part of being a community.

You got a community of wooden huts with thatched roofs, and some asshole likes to play with matches, that person needs some serious judging.

I'm their fellow citizen. We are part of a community. Judging other's behavior and taking care of one another is part of being part of a community.

Always has been.

A certain amount of judgement of others (and selfs) actions is a fundamental part of being a community.

You got a community of wooden huts with thatched roofs, and some asshole likes to play with matches, that person needs some serious judging.

No he needs to be respected until he actually does something to harm someone else.

This whole I have the right to tell you what to do because I'm your neighbor is getting out of hand.

Liberals rationalize that this isn't their fault while actively supporting Open Border policies.

That does not mean they are not responsible.

THey are vile scum.
Conservatives rationalize this the Liberals fault even though the criminals were from Texas- not Mexico.

Conservatives rationalize that this isn't another example of their failed 'war on drugs' while doing nothing about the Opioid crisis- other than blaming liberals.

The blood is on the hands of all of those who support the current 'war on drugs'

This isn't about who these individual criminals are, though I seriously doubt they are conservatives,

1521966105853.png

but about the policies that have created the problem.

The fenatnyl didn't kill him he killed himself by using it.

YOu create an environment of despair, and easy access to drugs, you share in the responsibility of the results.

Not to mention the simple fact that the kid probably did not realize that the fenatnyl was in the drugs in the first place.

We need to legalize the sale and distribution of recreational drugs and have them inspected prior to sale in safe clean store fronts.

Well, that would be more reasonable than our current policy, though there are a lot of serious questions to be asked if we go that route.

Do we allow Truck drives to buy heroin? for one example.

Always has been.

No he needs to be respected until he actually does something to harm someone else.

This whole I have the right to tell you what to do because I'm your neighbor is getting out of hand.

No, he doesn't.

He's an obvious threat to the lives of everyone in the community and the community needs to take action.

Judgement or gossip is the first step towards that.

People don't get respect for just being alive. It has to be earned.

Playing with matches in a wooden village is not worthy of respect.

Always has been.

No, he doesn't.

He's an obvious threat to the lives of everyone in the community and the community needs to take action.

We'll have to disagree.

What he does is no one's business until he actually harms someone else. Then you can judge him and punish him.

Your thinking is what's driving the movement to ban everything from guns to Twinkies

Always has been.

No, he doesn't.

We'll have to disagree.

What he does is no one's business until he actually harms someone else. Then you can judge him and punish him.

Your thinking is what's driving the movement to ban everything from guns to Twinkies

Big difference from a reasonable fear of harm to the community and a scapegoat to rationalize away the real issue(s).

One is true, one is a lie.

That's a very real difference.

Then why are you in this thread, if you don't care?

Always has been.

No. People are unknowingly killing themselves and wreaking havic on others, and youre trying to convince us the moral thing to do is stay out of it. Sorry im not buying it.

Always has been.

No. People are unknowingly killing themselves and wreaking havic on others, and youre trying to convince us the moral thing to do is stay out of it. Sorry im not buying it.

I never once mentioned morals

your morals are yours and yours alone and you have no right to use your morals as a benchmark for telling other people how to behave.

And there is not one drug user out there who doesn't know that they can die from drug use.

Last edited:

No, he doesn't.

We'll have to disagree.

Big difference from a reasonable fear of harm to the community and a scapegoat to rationalize away the real issue(s).

One is true, one is a lie.

That's a very real difference.

Lie or no lie that very philosophy is used to justify controlling others.

Where my philosophy can never be used for such a justification

Always has been.

your morals are yours ans yours alone and you have no right to use your morals as a benchmark for telling other people how to behave.

And there is not one drug user out there who doesn't know that they can die from drug use.

We live in a society with shared values to some extent. To be neutral on an issue that affects the community in so many negative aspects is the height of irresponsibility. And i disagree with the premise that most, or every as you put it, every drug user realizes they are playing russian roulette with their lives. Most drug users that OD are committing suiced, but its passive suicide, they dont relize the consequences of their actions.

Always has been.

your morals are yours ans yours alone and you have no right to use your morals as a benchmark for telling other people how to behave.

We live in a society with shared values to some extent. To be neutral on an issue that affects the community in so many negative aspects is the height of irresponsibility. And i disagree with the premise that most, or every as you put it, every drug user realizes they are playing russian roulette with their lives. Most drug users that OD are committing suiced, but its passive suicide, they dont relize the consequences of their actions.

Suicide is a personal choice and I will argue it is the most important personal choice.
Whether a person chooses to live or die is his choice and his alone and it is not your right to force people to live if they choose not to.

And it's not drug use that causes the violence and the crime or any other damage to the community it is the drug laws and the prohibition on drugs that we try and fail to enforce that is causing the problems.

The most callous people are those who never experienced loss or have experienced so much loss that they're numb to it. Which are you skull pilot?

Forum List

Back