🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ferguson voters tell officials step aside peacefully

Old jakethefake is more then happy spreading civil unrest against the ELECTED representative of Ferguson.

I defended the citizens rights to assemble and voice their opinion. Freewill does not. Who supports the Constitution? Not Freewill.

so democratic and legal elections = mob rule to Frank

just think of the conservative continuation of town hall meetings from 2009 posted forward

Except it not,stepping aside isn't democratically elected?!! They don't like the people they elected ,elect someone else when it election time,

The citizens have every right to tell them to resign and move on.

The officials have every right to say make us.

That's what American democracy is about.

Except that's not what you posted first,good back peddle.

You are the one backing off, obviously. I posted the opening of the article. I defend their right to let the city bosses know what they think. This a town meeting, much like one in 2009 during the summer of TPM righteous anger, and the citizens of Ferguson are telling their officials off.

Why are you being hypocritical. Simple: because you hate that they are acting like the Goofs of 2009 acted out.

I backed off!!!Bwhahahahah you are a real piece off work,claim to be a republican,then come right out and admit you voted for Obama proudly.Your as transparent as a window.

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — Elected leaders in the St. Louis suburb where an unarmed black 18-year-old was fatally shot by a white police officer hoped to use their first public meeting since Michael Brown's death as a chance to promote community healing.

Instead, they were greeted Tuesday night with anger, outrage and warnings of voter retribution at the ballot box. Proposals to overhaul the municipal courts and create a citizen police review board were greeted warily, if not with outright skepticism.

"You've lost your authority to govern this community," said St. Louis activist John Chasnoff. "You're going to have to step aside peacefully if this community is going to heal."

Protests anger doubt prevail at Ferguson meeting - Yahoo News

Chasnoff is obviously a white supremacist. The town council here proposed a police review board comprised of civilians, not piglice officers--no African-American activist would turn that down. Overhauling local courts--presumably by implementing a local version of North Carolina's Racial Justice Act, which allows convicted death row inmates to lower their sentences by successfully pointing out racism in the system--is also a good thing. Literally the only people that could ever be opposed to this are neo-Nazis, Klansmen, and other racists.

Ferguson is quickly becoming a hotbed of white supremacist activity. Eric Holder needs to start making arrests.

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — Elected leaders in the St. Louis suburb where an unarmed black 18-year-old was fatally shot by a white police officer hoped to use their first public meeting since Michael Brown's death as a chance to promote community healing.

Instead, they were greeted Tuesday night with anger, outrage and warnings of voter retribution at the ballot box. Proposals to overhaul the municipal courts and create a citizen police review board were greeted warily, if not with outright skepticism.

"You've lost your authority to govern this community," said St. Louis activist John Chasnoff. "You're going to have to step aside peacefully if this community is going to heal."

Protests anger doubt prevail at Ferguson meeting - Yahoo News

Chasnoff is obviously a white supremacist. The town council here proposed a police review board comprised of civilians, not piglice officers--no African-American activist would turn that down. Overhauling local courts--presumably by implementing a local version of North Carolina's Racial Justice Act, which allows convicted death row inmates to lower their sentences by successfully pointing out racism in the system--is also a good thing. Literally the only people that could ever be opposed to this are neo-Nazis, Klansmen, and other racists.

Ferguson is quickly becoming a hotbed of white supremacist activity. Eric Holder needs to start making arrests.

Arrest who,the looters? Just line people up you don't like and arrest them,good little Marxist,good thing dumb isn't illegal.

Earlier, the council had announced proposals to reduce revenue from court fines used for general city operations and more broadly reform court procedures. Critics say reliance on court revenue and traffic fines to fund city services penalizes low-income defendants who can't afford private attorneys and who are often jailed for not promptly paying those fines.....

Ferguson, a city of 21,000, is about 70 percent black. The mayor and five of the six City Council members are white. A 2013 report by the Missouri attorney general's office found that Ferguson police stopped and arrested black drivers nearly twice as often as white motorists, but were less likely to find contraband among the black drivers.

What could possibly go wrong?

Earlier, the council had announced proposals to reduce revenue from court fines used for general city operations and more broadly reform court procedures. Critics say reliance on court revenue and traffic fines to fund city services penalizes low-income defendants who can't afford private attorneys and who are often jailed for not promptly paying those fines.....

Ferguson, a city of 21,000, is about 70 percent black. The mayor and five of the six City Council members are white. A 2013 report by the Missouri attorney general's office found that Ferguson police stopped and arrested black drivers nearly twice as often as white motorists, but were less likely to find contraband among the black drivers.

Twice as many blacks as whites, so the arrest rate seems equivalent racially.

The proposals for reforms seem adequate.

Yup, Freewill backed off and is trying to pretend that is not so.

Typical extremist behavior for left and right.

"Old jakethefake is more then happy spreading civil unrest against the ELECTED representative of Ferguson."

I defended the citizens rights to assemble and voice their opinion. Freewill does not. Who supports the Constitution? Not Freewill.

Freewill, waiting for your answer.

Twice as many blacks as whites, so the arrest rate seems equivalent racially.

The proposals for reforms seem adequate.

They are dumb. This is how revenues are collected. Don't be a defendant if you cant afford it. I wear my seatbelt for just that reason, I want to keep my money so I don't go breaking laws, even the stupid ones

I still say give blacks the whole state of Mississippi and let them create the black utopia they've always wanted.

I still say give blacks the whole state of Mississippi and let them create the black utopia they've always wanted.

That's fine with me, Just so long as the rest of American tax payers don't have to bail them out when they go bankrupt like Detroit did.
Detroit is still angry at Jack Lew about that, they actually thought that they should get tax payers money.

That's fine with me, Just so long as the rest of American tax payers don't have to bail them out when they go bankrupt like Detroit did.
Detroit is still angry at Jack Lew about that, they actually thought that they should get tax payers money.

Totally agree. I would be willing to give them a few billion to get started though.
Dont want to hear any excuses as to why they failed miserably.

Totally agree. I would be willing to give them a few billion to get started though.
Dont want to hear any excuses as to why they failed miserably.

The State will get it no matter what. Each State gets money each year from the Feds. Until that is changed.
We need to change that back to what it was originally, where the States give the Feds money.
The Feds never liked that because they could not expand to the big gov. that they wanted, but we would not be 17 trillion in the hole if we had kept to that.

Wouldn't twice as many times be the correct proportion in accordance with the make up of the population?

"Old jakethefake is more then happy spreading civil unrest against the ELECTED representative of Ferguson."

Freewill, waiting for your answer.

here's you answer. A bowling ball has three holes, pick one and have at it.

Forum List

Back