🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fighting Back

tolumba21

Dec 17, 2016
Intelligence chiefs testifying in front of the Senate Armed Services committee today on Capitol Hill pushed back against President Elect Donald Trump's public rebukes of the intelligence community, warning that a disparagement from the top could undermine the effectiveness of the workforce.

Despite conclusive statements last year from the Intelligence Community that Russia directed hacks into the 2016 presidential eleciton, Trump has publicly and repeatedly doubted those findings, prompting President Obama to order a full review of the intelligence.

The leadership testifying today did not address the report's findings directly, but James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence, asserted again he has "high confidence" Russia directed the attacks.

Intel Officials Warn About Skepticism From the Top

The departing head of US intelligence has publicly defended his analysts against attacks by Donald Trump following their conclusion that Russia interfered in the November election.

“There’s a difference between skepticism and disparagement,” said James Clapper, stepping into an extraordinary public dispute between the incoming president and the intelligence agencies Trump will soon control.

Clapper promised to release an unclassified report early next week, prepared by the NSA, CIA and FBI, providing additional evidence for the intelligence agencies’ conclusion that Russia deliberately hacked the Democratic National Committee in order to aid Trump in the 2016 presidential election.

Russia hacking: US intelligence chief hits back at Donald Trump's 'disparagement'

Top US intelligence officials: 'Only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized' election-related hacking

Intelligence Leaders Hit Back Against Trump

U.S. intelligence chiefs stand by Russian hacking claims, counter to Trump stance

It was a more harder fight on Capitol Hill as U.S. National Intelligence chiefs were grilled by Congress in a Senate Armed Forces committee hearing against Donald Trump's views on how the intelligence committee was more examined that he needs to do.

Is this true or false? How did the Senators hit back?

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

I don't know who hacked the DNC. I, like many people, believed it was in fact Russia. Here's the problem now though... where's the evidence? If Obama had evidence, they would hold a press conference today so they could show the world. It would make Trump look like a fucking idiot! What's the hold up?

I'm starting to find it hard to believe now because of this.

The problem is that our useless lazy mother fuckers in the intelligence division took the entirety of their "analysis" from a private company (Crowdstrike) - now they've gotta ask those folks how to fit the pieces together because CrowdStrike from the very beginning basically expressed their /OPINION/ that it was Russian hackers - and even then they only barely connected them to the Russian Government.

If there were a judge this case would be thrown out and laughed at - which is what a lot of the public is doing because it's all a bunch of opinions and beliefs without anything concrete under the accusations.

The problem is that our useless lazy mother fuckers in the intelligence division took the entirety of their "analysis" from a private company (Crowdstrike) - now they've gotta ask those folks how to fit the pieces together because CrowdStrike from the very beginning basically expressed their /OPINION/ that it was Russian hackers - and even then they only barely connected them to the Russian Government.

If there were a judge this case would be thrown out and laughed at - which is what a lot of the public is doing because it's all a bunch of opinions and beliefs without anything concrete under the accusations.
I am going with your expletive take, but it is good though. In mentioning about the case, this case should be judicially made in U.S. Federal Courts. Under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. §1030), criminal prosecutions fall into one of the categories like Obtaining National Security Information and getting access to a shield, or protected computer without authorization.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Sure just as soon as they can narrow it down from millions of potential hackers who may or may not be using the handle "fuzzy bear" or "cozy bear" or "guccifer" on the planet...

Ever played a video game and found out your character name was taken? It's actually worse than that because there can be a thousand people using the same name. I've been using the same handle since the 90s and run into many folks who use it as well (even though it's an oddly spelled name,) and it got even worse when folks started to get to know me as a player in various video games. These days I actually have to pay extra to get early access to names so I can reserve my name because some folks can't stand that a chick whooped their shit heh

Same kind of crap happens in hacking and everything else. It's why there's thousands of folks who claim to be "Anonymous" out there, even though a true Anon would lay low...

Forum List

Back