Finally, a Russian connection.

Top notch MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell has a source that claims Trump has loans that were co-signed by Russian oligarchs...proving that Trump owes favors to Russians. Oops, wait he lied...what a surprise.

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell Admits 'Error in Judgment' in Report on Trump Finances After President's Legal Threat
"Error in Judgment"?

:laughing0301:

How about "Fucking Liar POS spreading lies"?

This may be the first time I have ever wanted to see Trump sue someone.

:laugh:

I would like for Trump to sue him as well. Lots of good information could come out during a court case of this kind.

Top notch MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell has a source that claims Trump has loans that were co-signed by Russian oligarchs...proving that Trump owes favors to Russians. Oops, wait he lied...what a surprise.

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell Admits 'Error in Judgment' in Report on Trump Finances After President's Legal Threat
"Error in Judgment"?

I would like for Trump to sue him as well. Lots of good information could come out during a court case of this kind.
I agree.

And it would leave everybody looking like shit.

"Error in Judgment"?

Yep, although none of that information would be good for MSNBC.

"Error in Judgment"?

They would probably find a few gems about Trump in the process too. But, so be it.

"Error in Judgment"?

They would probably find a few gems about Trump in the process too. But, so be it.

I would guess a judge wouldn't let them veer too far off base.

"Error in Judgment"?

Just the information about his business dealing with the bank...which would be some good reading!

"Error in Judgment"?

Just the information about his business dealing with the bank...which would be some good reading!

Yea, don't feel that would be relevant.

How could it not be since he is claiming that lies were told about his loans with the bank

No, that would be relevant. A defense to defamation is the truth. Discovery into his business dealings is the way to reveal whether such allegations or statements are true.

How could it not be since he is claiming that lies were told about his loans with the bank

Sigh...Trump wouldn't need to prove he's innocent, MSNBC would have to prove he was guilty.

And Mueller missed that but MSNBC FOUND IT?

They must know a guy that has a sister that dated the sources brother.

Sigh...Trump wouldn't need to prove he's innocent, MSNBC would have to prove he was guilty.

That is not true, Trump is the plaintiff, making the claim that MSNBC lied.

What is needed to be proven for libel...

1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

O'Donnell's apology is enough to show they lied.

No, MSNBC would need to prove, as an affirmative defense, that the statements they made were true. They would get discovery into his stuff to prove it.

Now, the court could seal all records and issue a gag order (probably would), but that information would still be out there.

No, MSNBC would need to prove, as an affirmative defense, that the statements they made were true. They would get discovery into his stuff to prove it.

Now, the court could seal all records and issue a gag order (probably would), but that information would still be out there.

“Last night I made an error in judgment by reporting an item about the president’s finances that didn’t go through our rigorous verification and standards process. I shouldn’t have reported it and I was wrong to discuss it on the air. I will address the issue on my show tonight,” O’Donnell tweeted

O'Donnell's apology is enough to show they lied.
He would say that he apologized to avoid the "willful disregard for truth." But, they still get discovery to prove that the statement was true, as a defense.

Forum List

Back