Finally...An American President!

Nooo...the perceived worth of the vehicle is if it fits my needs and my means.

The perceived worth of a vehicle is what another is willing to pay when sold. My point is your psychological need for you to have a truck?

I want to see you drag that trailer down a logging road with your Prius.

Why would I want to haul a trailer down a logging road?

To get to some of the best fishing in a two hundred mile radius that only members can access.
And the ability to roam 8,000 acres in the environment destroying SXS.

Not to mention driving down 60 miles of dunes and beach.

I mean I dont judge...much. But if you prefer to collect classic Barbies thats your deal.

Why would you brag about destroying environment? Whats wrong with you?

Actually I stay on the designated trails.
I just cant resist yanking the leftist chains.

Why is reducing pollution a bad thing?

It's not a bad thing, but we have to be smart with our money and get as much bang for the buck as we can. Spending hundreds of billion over the rest of this century and only getting 2/10ths of one degree in less warming just doesn't cut it. Especially when we don't know where our money is going or what it'll be used for. I'll be damned if I want some UN buttfuck deciding how much of our money they get to spend and who gets it.

Increasing solar and wind power is a bad thing?

Solar and wind power installations are expensive to build and maintain, and more expensive for consumers to pay for. One day that might not be true, but for now it definitely is.

I have solar on one of my properties with an eight year payoff and a 25 year warranty.
Sure. The electric bill is $100.00/Mo.
Just like you're a one percenter.

You have proof that I'm not?
Your posts here.

Pick one.
The last few will do. $100 a month in electric for a 10k sf house? LOL

I have 20 solar panels on my 2800 sq ft house here in south Texas, and in the summer my electric bill runs around $100/month but only around $20 in the winter months. Which is good for me, this year I'll break even for what I paid for those panels. But here's the problem, those panels cost about $25k in total; I only paid about 10 grand of that, I got a tax credit from the IRS and a rebate from the electric company to cover the rest but somebody pays for those panels and at $25k per house that kinda adds up.

I have solar on one of my properties. It didn't cost trillions of dollars.

The cost of the solar panels on one of your properties far exceeds anything you'll recoup. My experience in selling homes with ample solar panels sell for less than they would, without the panels. So if you want to pee away money, go for it!

The stuff you breathe out of your lungs at 8 to 12 times the concentration of "clean air" -- is NOT pollution that's why.. We should focus on REAL pollutants. The stuff that harms people and nature.

The issue is what comes out of smokestacks and tailpipes.

Nope.. Try to follow along.. The UN IPCC and the Paris Agreement is SOLELY about global warming. The ONLY constituent GHouse gas involved is CO2. CO2 is NOT a pollutant. It may come out of smokestacks, but according to the rules of chemistry -- that's a GOOD thing. Because complete combustion is indicated by a HIGH percentage of CO2. If it wasn't CO2 -- it would be more polluting partial combustion...

CO2 is not a pollutant. If it was -- you'd have died years ago. And WATER vapor --- the DOMINATE GHouse would also be a "pollutant"...

You've been brainwashed by the folks who want to use the term "carbon pollution" to make you THINK that CO2 and other carbon compounds are the same pollutants and GHouse gases..

Corporate profit backed studies say it isn't bad, and non corporate profit backed studies say it is bad. As a capitalist racketeer who knows who the bad guys are, I'll stay with the latter.

The stuff you breathe out of your lungs at 8 to 12 times the concentration of "clean air" -- is NOT pollution that's why.. We should focus on REAL pollutants. The stuff that harms people and nature.

Nope.. Try to follow along.. The UN IPCC and the Paris Agreement is SOLELY about global warming. The ONLY constituent GHouse gas involved is CO2. CO2 is NOT a pollutant. It may come out of smokestacks, but according to the rules of chemistry -- that's a GOOD thing. Because complete combustion is indicated by a HIGH percentage of CO2. If it wasn't CO2 -- it would be more polluting partial combustion...

CO2 is not a pollutant. If it was -- you'd have died years ago. And WATER vapor --- the DOMINATE GHouse would also be a "pollutant"...

You've been brainwashed by the folks who want to use the term "carbon pollution" to make you THINK that CO2 and other carbon compounds are the same pollutants and GHouse gases..

Corporate profit backed studies say it isn't bad, and non corporate profit backed studies say it is bad. As a capitalist racketeer who knows who the bad guys are, I'll stay with the latter.

So --- you have ZERO interest in science and will make Earth shattering decisions based on politics and hunches.

Good plan..

Most climate scientists don't actually agree on the IMPORTANT questions all that much. Contrary to the shit you've been fed. So -- If you don't know the IMPORTANT questions and don't care -- your "hunches" are totally irrelevant.

Sure. The electric bill is $100.00/Mo.

Your posts here.

Pick one.

Yes. The house generates more power than it needs, about 30% more, which off-sets cost.

Your posts here.

Pick one.

Yes. The house generates more power than it needs, about 30% more, which off-sets cost.
I see. So you bought such an expanse to sell electricity to the poco. Why not a 20,000 sf home?

It's not a bad thing, but we have to be smart with our money and get as much bang for the buck as we can. Spending hundreds of billion over the rest of this century and only getting 2/10ths of one degree in less warming just doesn't cut it. Especially when we don't know where our money is going or what it'll be used for. I'll be damned if I want some UN buttfuck deciding how much of our money they get to spend and who gets it.

Solar and wind power installations are expensive to build and maintain, and more expensive for consumers to pay for. One day that might not be true, but for now it definitely is.

I have solar on one of my properties with an eight year payoff and a 25 year warranty.

Your posts here.

Pick one.

I have 20 solar panels on my 2800 sq ft house here in south Texas, and in the summer my electric bill runs around $100/month but only around $20 in the winter months. Which is good for me, this year I'll break even for what I paid for those panels. But here's the problem, those panels cost about $25k in total; I only paid about 10 grand of that, I got a tax credit from the IRS and a rebate from the electric company to cover the rest but somebody pays for those panels and at $25k per house that kinda adds up.

Adds about $100.00 per month to a 30 year mortgage, or with rebates, $25.00 per month to a 30 year mortgage.

Your posts here.

Pick one.

Adds about $100.00 per month to a 30 year mortgage, or with rebates, $25.00 per month to a 30 year mortgage.
Well, that's $19k with other people subsidizing it. Or $36k without. Doesn't look like a smart plan to me.

So --- you have ZERO interest in science and will make Earth shattering decisions based on politics and hunches.

Good plan..

Most climate scientists don't actually agree on the IMPORTANT questions all that much. Contrary to the shit you've been fed. So -- If you don't know the IMPORTANT questions and don't care -- your "hunches" are totally irrelevant.

Corporate backed scientists don't.

Your posts here.

Pick one.

I see. So you bought such an expanse to sell electricity to the poco. Why not a 20,000 sf home?

A 20K sq/ft wouldn't fit on the lot.

It is when associated with burning fossil fuels.

So...the CO-2, coming from a plant at night is NOT pollution, When I exhale, CO-2, that is NOT pollution. I cook a nice thick New York Strip on my charcoal grill and that is NOT pollution.

BUT, if I take my '66 Goat for a little ride down 27-S toward Perry to clean out her carburetors. That CO-2 IS pollution.

How can I tell the difference?

What about the CO-2 that comes from the tens of millions of the residents of India cooking on dung fires? Is that CO-2 pollution?

Well, that's $19k with other people subsidizing it. Or $36k without. Doesn't look like a smart plan to me.

My tax money working for me.

"I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris," he said.

President Trump is absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :2up:

He isn't doing anything for Pittsburgh either.

He is keeping his election promises to coal miners and at the same time he is calling climate change for what it really is! a HOAX!

Go Trump!:thup:
Will the coal plants be tremendously environment-friendly?

Modern coal-sparing plant in Germany with higher efficiency, still not environment-friendly:
image-395486-860_panofree-emdk-395486.jpg

Flexible Fossils: A New Role for Coal in German Energy Revolution - SPIEGEL ONLINE - International

However, they sealed our mines to buy the coal from abroad, that morons. Main responsibility bears the FDP of all, the economic liberal party of the businessmen and traditional partner of the conservative CDU.

GDR lignite plant "Boxberg", back then Europe´s or even the world´s largest coal plant, consumption: up to 100000 tons of coal per day, output: up to 3520 MW, the three chimneys were as high as 300 meters:
Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-1990-0629-013%2C_Kraftwerk_Boxberg.jpg

The power economy in the German Democratic Republic (GDR)
"Reparations and a command economy were the challenges facing the power supplies of the GDR. While the production of consumer goods flourished and the welfare of the workers was the focus as never before, investments in new plants had to take a back seat.

The power economy in the Soviet Occupation Zone (SOZ) faced a herculean task after 1945; the problem was not just the installations destroyed in the war. After the division of Germany, the SOZ was cut off from its former sources of hard coal in the Ruhr district and Silesia. But the USSR also dismantled 15 briquette factories, approximately 4,000 MW of power plant capacity as well as the technical equipment from at least eleven open-cast mines as reparations for damage suffered in the war, and transported them to the Soviet Union. Not until 1955 was the pre-war output of almost 60 million tonnes reached again.

Coal and energy presented an ongoing problem for the command economy right up to the end of the GDR. The situation became more critical from the mid-1970s, when the Soviet Union began to charge its German ally market prices for crude oil instead of relatively favourable tariffs. As the country lying between the Baltic Sea and the Erzgebirge (Ore Mountains) had almost no significant deposits of hard coal, gas or oil, and hard currency was scarce, only one path remained: lignite rose to become the number one energy source. The GDR became the world’s largest lignite producer by a wide margin (approximately 300 million tonnes extracted annually). The state combine for lignite-fired power supplied two thirds of the country’s needs.

Power plants and open-cast mines: more than electricity and coal

Cola and mineral water from Schwarze Pumpe, lamps and carp from Jänschwalde, model railways from Boxberg: in the GDR it was quite usual for large industrial combines to manufacture goods for the local population as well – indeed, their economic plan actually obliged them to produce consumer goods. Thus the Lübenau power plant was the sole manufacturer of foot-operated air pumps in the country.

But the plants were also concerned with the welfare of the workers and their children. They ran children’s holiday camps, holiday homes, restaurants, vocational colleges as well as residential accommodation, company housing, saunas and well-stocked libraries, workers’ homes, and even a large football stadium in Cottbus. All of these were financed from a special cultural and social fund.

Brigades of power workers and miners were deployed to create allotments and connect whole sections of roads in rural areas to the public drinking water supply. Almost every brigade acted as a patron to a school class or kindergarten group. That meant taking part in hiking days, and in return the children came to marvel at the works.

But at times it seemed as if the 'people’s enterprises' of the time did not have a lot left for themselves. Plants were increasingly run down, and necessary repair and redevelopment jobs were postponed. Nevertheless, the engineers managed to notch up many notable achievements in research and development. These included the development of the Vetschau process for flue gas desulphurisation and a coal-dust ignition burner that saved heating oil."

The power economy in the German Democratic Republic (GDR) | The history and heritage of Vattenfall

Last edited:

So...the CO-2, coming from a plant at night is NOT pollution, When I exhale, CO-2, that is NOT pollution. I cook a nice thick New York Strip on my charcoal grill and that is NOT pollution.

BUT, if I take my '66 Goat for a little ride down 27-S toward Perry to clean out her carburetors. That CO-2 IS pollution.

What about the CO-2 that comes from the tens of millions of the residents of India cooking on dung fires? Is that CO-2 pollution?

If you care about the world your future generations will live, don't buy products or use services from countries that pollute. I don't.

An American President who today, kicked the statists in the balls. Directly. All other discussion from the progressive is sour grapes..........very, very sour grapes. Theory........conjecture........innuendo........speculation...........

And absolutely nobody cares............

A historic day.......and when you see a thread go viral in the ENVIRONMENT forum, you know you have a group that is on the receiving end of enormous levels of butthurt. And we know who that is.................:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/cucumber_1.jpg.html][/URL]

If you care about the world your future generations will live, don't buy products or use services from countries that pollute. I don't.
You're on a computer with components made ...where?

Even his mimic signals submission, dreamer.

So leaning over to accept Saudi Arabia's highest civilian honor because he's 6'3" is bowing?
Seems to me Saudi was honoring Trump.
What is that great about Saudi Arabia? Isn´t it one of the oppressive regimes the US claims to overthrow heroically?

Trump_in_Saudi.jpg

We just made 110 billion dollars off of them.
It´s 350 billion, 110 now, the rest within the next 10 years. More advanced weaponry for terrorists.

Do you actually believe we'd sell weapons we couldnt defeat?
Apparently, civilians can´t:
Who stops the Saudi Terror Airforce? (shockingly graphic)

Forum List

Back