Finally!!!! Sanity reigns, Senate passes education bill

Our children attend private schools and we're pleased with the results. It's an investment in their futures
Good for you. Not everyone has that luxury of being able to afford private school for their kids. I don't, for one. My kids are as worthy of a good education as anyone else's.

You get what you pay for, tuition isn't cheap but they'll come out of school far ahead of their peers in public schools. Like I said, it's an investment
AND not everyone can afford it, and that doesn't bother you because YOU can afford private schools.

Our children come first to us, as they should. I'm sorry but public education is a mess, that's not our fault, it should have been addressed years ago but it was allowed to fester and decay. You can start by blaming teacher's unions, they have made education a business instead of a learning process, then start blaming the liberal agenda in schools, I am amazed at how stupid kids that come out of the public education schools. One of our daughters is on the debate team and when they debate a public school team it's sad watching those kids struggle with simple history and common knowledge
Care for others. That is why we have public education.
We have public education so the next generation can continue the progress we have made. Stumbling around protesting the death of one of the morons who didn't take advantage is a problem.

Good for you. Not everyone has that luxury of being able to afford private school for their kids. I don't, for one. My kids are as worthy of a good education as anyone else's.

You get what you pay for, tuition isn't cheap but they'll come out of school far ahead of their peers in public schools. Like I said, it's an investment
AND not everyone can afford it, and that doesn't bother you because YOU can afford private schools.

Our children come first to us, as they should. I'm sorry but public education is a mess, that's not our fault, it should have been addressed years ago but it was allowed to fester and decay. You can start by blaming teacher's unions, they have made education a business instead of a learning process, then start blaming the liberal agenda in schools, I am amazed at how stupid kids that come out of the public education schools. One of our daughters is on the debate team and when they debate a public school team it's sad watching those kids struggle with simple history and common knowledge
We have public education so the next generation can continue the progress we have made. Stumbling around protesting the death of one of the morons who didn't take advantage is a problem.
Calling people "morons" is a problem.

He's not a "PC" type of guy

No...it's an accurate description. Big Mike comes to mind.

I guess i don't see what this has to do with the common core standards. My guess is the connection isnt there

I notice that some who can afford private school resent paying taxes so that those who can't afford private education get educated.
Resent or not...they pay...so resentment causes stupidity in the PS kids?
That's a very inflammatory statement. PS school kids aren't stupid.
And your statement wasn't inflammatory?
We have a gal on this thread complaining about public school, while affording to send her own kids to a private school. IMO, all of our nations children ought to have the opportunity for an education regardless of whether their parents can afford private school.

Yet you call people morons. I did not use such names in my statement.

BBBut Mike was on his way to college!!!!!! If you believe that tripe I have some ocean front property in Montana....cheap

BBBut Mike was on his way to college!!!!!! If you believe that tripe I have some ocean front property in Montana....cheap
What are you talking about? Who is Big Mike?

I notice that some who can afford private school resent paying taxes so that those who can't afford private education get educated.
We have a gal on this thread complaining about public school, while affording to send her own kids to a private school. IMO, all of our nations children ought to have the opportunity for an education regardless of whether their parents can afford private school.

I recognize there is a huge problem in PS....that's why ours go to private schools

Bingo!

Teaching for exams doesn't work for many students. Once the exams have happened the rest of the academic year is often a joke.

Government's role in education should be very limited
Government funds education. Entities who get such money need to produce results. If we leave schools to private pay only, few will afford it.

Yer dumb.

First off we have massive Government in Education and I really don't think you want to take the position that education in America is at all good in quality... Or do you?

Basically, more Government involvement in education equaled less actual education... Proving that in fact you are wrong.

I recognize there is a huge problem in PS....that's why ours go to private schools
Yeah, as long as your kids get theirs who the heck cares about poorer people!

Teaching for exams doesn't work for many students. Once the exams have happened the rest of the academic year is often a joke.

Government's role in education should be very limited
Government funds education. Entities who get such money need to produce results. If we leave schools to private pay only, few will afford it.

Maybe they should stop funding crap that's not in their constitutional wheel house.

They are our children, of course I want the best for them

Ferguson Missouri

,moving toward the hysterical phase of the discussion....

Forum List

Back