Finally!!!! Sanity reigns, Senate passes education bill

As for Common Core, that is a state level program. Developed by the states with no federal input or federal money, and approved by 42 states.

The vast majority of those states are red states.

Republicans loooooooooved Common Core...until Obama said he liked it, too. Then, in true Orwellian fashion, the Republicans tore all the Common Core posters off the wall and said, "We have always been at war with Common Core."

Now they have decided it is better to raise their children as retards with none of the skills necessary to land the jobs of the future.

"You want fries with that?"

It's entirely possible that many of those who dislike Common Core do so now because they saw it in action. It looked good on paper, sucks in reality, and endorsers turned against it afterwards.

I notice that some who can afford private school resent paying taxes so that those who can't afford private education get educated.

It's regressives that are preventing the money from following the student, to the school they want to go to. Your dear leader killed a very successful program in DC.

The attitude appears to be "who gives a shit about PS kids.

Perhaps you missed in the OP I'm all for changes in the system to help the kids. You're focusing on why we have and you don't.
Point is, changes in the PS system are cyclical. 30 year teachers will tell you that. Common core had a life, now it doesn't.

Dare to make change....you own it not them
What do you think I'm doing? I have four school age kids.

I notice that some who can afford private school resent paying taxes so that those who can't afford private education get educated.

It's regressives that are preventing the money from following the student, to the school they want to go to. Your dear leader killed a very successful program in DC.
My dear leader? YOU mean OUR president or one of his predecessors?

Perhaps you missed in the OP I'm all for changes in the system to help the kids. You're focusing on why we have and you don't.
Point is, changes in the PS system are cyclical. 30 year teachers will tell you that. Common core had a life, now it doesn't.

You're bitching at me because ours don't go to public schools. I'm on your side on this. Nothing changes unless change is demanded, they work for us, not vice versa

You're bitching at me because ours don't go to public schools. I'm on your side on this. Nothing changes unless change is demanded, they work for us, not vice versa
What? I'm "bitching at you"? No, I'm not. I'm saying that you have given up with PS, and I have not. I have no choice.

What? I'm "bitching at you"? No, I'm not.

I give up...

Government's role in education should be very limited
Government funds education. Entities who get such money need to produce results. If we leave schools to private pay only, few will afford it.

Our children attend private schools and we're pleased with the results. It's an investment in their futures
Good for you. Not everyone has that luxury of being able to afford private school for their kids. I don't, for one. My kids are as worthy of a good education as anyone else's.

You get what you pay for, tuition isn't cheap but they'll come out of school far ahead of their peers in public schools. Like I said, it's an investment
AND not everyone can afford it, and that doesn't bother you because YOU can afford private schools.

Don't let her fool you. She just moved into a new trailer. :D Can you imagine what would become of schools in red states if education were left up to the states? Mississippi would be dumb as a box of rocks....oh wait.

How-To-Remodel-A-Mobile-Home-Bathroom.jpg

As for Common Core, that is a state level program. Developed by the states with no federal input or federal money, and approved by 42 states.

The vast majority of those states are red states.

Republicans loooooooooved Common Core...until Obama said he liked it, too. Then, in true Orwellian fashion, the Republicans tore all the Common Core posters off the wall and said, "We have always been at war with Common Core."

Now they have decided it is better to raise their children as retards with none of the skills necessary to land the jobs of the future.

"You want fries with that?"

It's entirely possible that many of those who dislike Common Core do so now because they saw it in action. It looked good on paper, sucks in reality, and endorsers turned against it afterwards.
That might be true if the opposition to common core wasn't out claiming it's a united nations progressive program to spy on parents and take away guns.

If there's a thread on common core here you can almost guarantee it'll start with a lie

Forum List

Back