Firefighters Watch As House Burns Down

What a stupid dumb-ass policy. The guy is obviously is a moran for not paying the fee, and the fee itself is moranic. There's so much derp in this story.

This must have been in some rural 'burb. You couldn't get away with this policy in the city, where anything larger than a contained camp fire is a major public safety issue. If I was in this guy's shoes, I'd take it to court for no other reason than to get the policy eliminated. But before I took it to court I'd pay someone $75 to kick my ass for being a stupid shit.

Wow! Just wow. You do realize that a significant percentage of the US population still lives in rural zones? Indeed many suburbs have to parcel out fire/police/ambulance to other areas, even in metro areas? Making it optional is a weird point, granted. But it stood for 20 or more years.

What's so wow? The stupidity of an opt-out fire-protection policy increases exponentially as the population density increases. A policy like this would only be in a rural area, where the chance of spreading is lowest.

Did you think I was calling suburbanites stupid? :confused:

What a stupid dumb-ass policy. The guy is obviously is a moran for not paying the fee, and the fee itself is moranic. There's so much derp in this story.

This must have been in some rural 'burb. You couldn't get away with this policy in the city, where anything larger than a contained camp fire is a major public safety issue. If I was in this guy's shoes, I'd take it to court for no other reason than to get the policy eliminated. But before I took it to court I'd pay someone $75 to kick my ass for being a stupid shit.

Wow! Just wow. You do realize that a significant percentage of the US population still lives in rural zones? Indeed many suburbs have to parcel out fire/police/ambulance to other areas, even in metro areas? Making it optional is a weird point, granted. But it stood for 20 or more years.

What's so wow? The stupidity of an opt-out fire-protection policy increases exponentially as the population density increases. A policy like this would only be in a rural area, where the chance of spreading is lowest.

Did you think I was calling suburbanites stupid? :confused:

Actually, not quite sure what you were doing, which is why I posted. In most areas in US, opting in or out of fire protection is not possible. However within the 'rural areas' it is. So?

My home is worth the $75 dollar price of mind that the fire department will show up if my house for some reason catches fire.

I think it is wrong to ride the coat tails of others and not pay my fair share for city services.

Gambling is gambling. If you are lucky you win, if not you lose. A rather simple concept.

I love the responses.. They prove the point of this OP.
In my mind, any person who would stand by, and watch a house burn to the ground, knowing they could prevent it, is fucking heartless.
What happened to helping people and not worrying about cost/or profit?
This is what all of America would look like with Conservatives in charge. Your house is on fire? Hold on.. Did you pay your yearly fee?
Wait, you're being raped? Did you pay the yearly fee?
Wow. Just wow.

In my mind, any person who would stand by, and watch a house burn to the ground, knowing they could prevent it, is fucking heartless.
This is what all of America would look like with Conservatives in charge. Your house is on fire? Hold on.. Did you pay your yearly fee?
Wow. Just wow.

Got to give you credit for being a cretin, until this post, we could assume being naive. With this, well you own it. Have you read the thread? Your thread?

Wow. Just wow.

Now, see, you're just being hysterical. This is nothing to do with rape. Try to focus. It is to do with choosing to pay for a service. He chose not to pay, therefore, no service. It is not hard. And, I suspect he'll find his homeowners insurance is invalid because he didn't meet the obligation to protect his property.

There are really simple facts here, Little Left One.

1. There was an area outside the city limits where everyone paid tax to provide the services of the fire dept.

2. Those outside that area were aware of that.

3. The homeowner could have chosen to live elsewhere - where they do have such a service. But he chose not to.

4. The homeowner then chose not to pay the $75 a year.

5. It was only when his house caught fire that he was prepared to pay. That is not how it works. The $75 covers the extra costs of providing cover outside the city limits. It may not be an ideal way to run an area but that's how it was done. If they didn't like it, they should have elected people who would change the system.

Less hysteria and ranting, more critical thinking.

His choices. The onus is on him - no one else.

Wow. Just wow.

Well see DUmbass. the idiot could have helped the Firedepartment by paying his $75/per year fee. They can't run a firedepartment on vapors.

And the homeowner even acknowledged that he willfully didn't pay because he expected to get the services anyway (paid for by others).

and by the dumbass standards none of us should pay a fee for services. what a moron.

Wow. Just wow.

So say they put that fire out...

That sends the message that you don't REALLY have to pay the money, and then no one else pays either.

Next thing you know, the fucking fire department is broke and can't put out ANYONE'S fire.

Real good logic, liberal.

Wow. Just wow.

Got to give you credit for being a cretin, until this post, we could assume being naive. With this, well you own it. Have you read the thread? Your thread?

Yeah, I have. Nearly every post is someone attacking the guy for not paying the fee.. And not even giving a shit that the guy lost his whole house.. And what if someone had been inside the house? Would they've still let it burn down?

And I get it, THE MAN DIDN'T PAY THE FEE. I'm sure he regrets that decision 100%.. But it's a hateful mentality that says "let's just let it burn down.. Let his children suffer without a home anymore.. Because he didn't pay a fee!" Conservatives are heartless people.

Wow. Just wow.

I have a few questions for you.

Do your parents own your home?
Do you know if your parents have fire insurance?
Have you asked them why they have fire insurance?
Do your parents think your home is worth $75 dollars a year to have the fire department show up if your house is on fire?

Go and ask them these specific questions and let us know what they think. I am not asking about the morality of the issue....just the basic answers to the questions.

Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, I have. Nearly every post is someone attacking the guy for not paying the fee.. And not even giving a shit that the guy lost his whole house.. And what if someone had been inside the house? Would they've still let it burn down?

And I get it, THE MAN DIDN'T PAY THE FEE. I'm sure he regrets that decision 100%.. But it's a hateful mentality that says "let's just let it burn down.. Let his children suffer without a home anymore.. Because he didn't pay a fee!" Conservatives are heartless people.[/QUOTE]

And demonRats are so giving, of other peoples money. what a moron.

And the homeowner even acknowledged that he willfully didn't pay because he expected to get the services anyway (paid for by others).

And that's how we know he's a DemonRat. Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie

Could you quit yelling a the kid willow. How do you expect him to learn if you keep yelling at him?

HE ACTS AS IF HE CANNOT HEAR US.. WHO DOES THAT REMIND YOU OF?????? OBIE WAN KNOW NUTTIN? :lol::lol::lol:

Wow. Just wow.

And I get it, THE MAN DIDN'T PAY THE FEE. I'm sure he regrets that decision 100%.. But it's a hateful mentality that says "let's just let it burn down.. Let his children suffer without a home anymore.. Because he didn't pay a fee!" Conservatives are heartless people.

Why even have the fee if you're just going to put the fires out whether they get paid or not?

Wow. Just wow.

There is a difference between attacking and having no sympathy. When you have a home of your own you will understand.

No one is saying anything about people in the house...i am very sure that if people were in the house the fire department would have gone in to save the person.....AND THEN still let the house burn to the ground.

When you are trying to save lives you dont worry about fighting the fire....you fight the fire to allow passage for firefighters. IF a home is so engulfed as to not allow a safe rescue for the fire fighters .... the fire fighters NEVER go in and attempt a rescue.

Last edited:

Why even have the fee if you're just going to put the fires out whether they get paid or not?

There you go again, confusing 'em by being all logical like.

There shouldn't be a yearly fee. What's his tax $ paying for?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back