Firefighters Watch As House Burns Down

These conservative assholes are all tough talk until they're at the shit-end of the stick.[/QUOTE

are you saying little asswipe that you would have been too frickin cheap to pay your $75/year and then bitched cause your house burned down? What a moron.

These conservative assholes are all tough talk until they're at the shit-end of the stick.

A conservative would take responsibility for their own actions. It's a leftie position to think that, because they chose not to pay, that they should get it for free.

I guess that ONE NAtion horsehit was just that, horsehit. without everyone pulling together and paying the $75 there would be NO fire service but there's always some cheap libturd bastard with his hand out wanting others to take care of him.

These conservative assholes are all tough talk until they're at the shit-end of the stick.[/QUOTE

are you saying little asswipe that you would have been too frickin cheap to pay your $75/year and then bitched cause your house burned down? What a moron.

And you would have said "Oh well, I didn't pay my $75 because I'm a cheap conservative douchebag so go ahead and let my house burn down. I understand."

The right thing to do would have been to put the fire out and then sent the homeowner a bill for the services.

Instead, they took the typical conservative prick route.
To be honest, get a few miles out from me and no fire service will show up at all. And we are about as liberal a county as there is. The farms around here have no fire service and none is provided. It's part of rural living.

And you would have said "Oh well, I didn't pay my $75 because I'm a cheap conservative douchebag so go ahead and let my house burn down. I understand."

Not me honey. I'd pay mine. I wouldn't stand here looking like a pussy to my family cause I didn't take care of business.

Three (3) of the municipal departments are offering services on a subscription basis, and five (5) municipal departments are offering services on an as needed basis without subscription or ability to pay for response. The municipal fire departments which utilize a subscription service are not bound to and do not respond to fires on rural properties which do not have a subscription for fire service. The only rural property owners guaranteed to receive fire protection services are those who choose to pay for it. If they choose not to purchase an annual subscription and require fire protection services, they fall on the mercy of a municipal department who provide services on an as needed basis. When such occurs, the responding fire department normally provides those services without compensation.

http://troy.troytn.com/Obion County...tation Presented to the County Commission.pdf

Suppose this is what the guy was figuring would happen? The fire took a while, where were the other five departments? Not feeling charitable that day?

Even though most municipal fire departments in Obion County have benefited from AFG and CDBG grants to upgrade apparatus and equipment, each department must have operating funds to continue operations. Each individual municipality currently furnishes operating funds for their fire departments without assistance from the county or state. Federal, state and local mandates for training, apparatus, equipment and personnel are costing each fire department more money each year, and fire departments desperately need additional operating funds to stay caught up with these mandates.

This flies in the face of your claim Ravi.

Statistics indicate that the majority of all fire calls are rural in nature and are responded to by municipal fire departments. These departments are solely funded by the tax dollars belonging to each individual town or city. It is becoming more difficult to convince municipal leaders that the municipal fire departments responding to calls outside the municipal boundaries and for which no compensation is guaranteed is “just the right thing to do”.
And yet, the city itself benefits from the county and state taxpayers...as does the fire department by way of roads and water/sewer systems.

Crocker said a major
accomplishment for city officials and the entire community in 2008 was
the reopening of the bridge on Forrestdale Avenue in South Fulton. He
said initial estimates were close to $300,000 for redoing the bridge,
but Vowell worked with Obion County Mayor Benny McGuire and the Obion
County Highway Department for the labor and the repairs were completed
for less than $20,000. “It’s already been inspected and passed and
reopened. That’d be the highlight of last year,” Crocker said. Vowell
also recalled several highlights from the past year, including the
city’s police and fire departments receiving some grant funding to help with operations
http://www.nwtntoday.com/news.php?viewStory=21174

Sewer Systems
South Fulton: $500,000
Bredesen Announces 72 Community Development Block Grants | TN.gov Newsroom

Obion County Schools - South Fulton Elementary
Obion County
$70,000.00​

https://news.tennesseeanytime.org/node/2286

There you have it. South Fulton benefits from the tax dollars of the county and state and yet will stand by idly as a taxpayers home burns down.

If you do not have services provided you do not pay for those services in your taxes. Just as if you live on a private road you taxes are reduced for plowing services you do not receive.

Three (3) of the municipal departments are offering services on a subscription basis, and five (5) municipal departments are offering services on an as needed basis without subscription or ability to pay for response. The municipal fire departments which utilize a subscription service are not bound to and do not respond to fires on rural properties which do not have a subscription for fire service. The only rural property owners guaranteed to receive fire protection services are those who choose to pay for it. If they choose not to purchase an annual subscription and require fire protection services, they fall on the mercy of a municipal department who provide services on an as needed basis. When such occurs, the responding fire department normally provides those services without compensation.

http://troy.troytn.com/Obion County...tation Presented to the County Commission.pdf

Suppose this is what the guy was figuring would happen? The fire took a while, where were the other five departments? Not feeling charitable that day?

Even though most municipal fire departments in Obion County have benefited from AFG and CDBG grants to upgrade apparatus and equipment, each department must have operating funds to continue operations. Each individual municipality currently furnishes operating funds for their fire departments without assistance from the county or state. Federal, state and local mandates for training, apparatus, equipment and personnel are costing each fire department more money each year, and fire departments desperately need additional operating funds to stay caught up with these mandates.

Statistics indicate that the majority of all fire calls are rural in nature and are responded to by municipal fire departments. These departments are solely funded by the tax dollars belonging to each individual town or city. It is becoming more difficult to convince municipal leaders that the municipal fire departments responding to calls outside the municipal boundaries and for which no compensation is guaranteed is “just the right thing to do”.
And yet, the city itself benefits from the county and state taxpayers...as does the fire department by way of roads and water/sewer systems.

Crocker said a major
city’s police and fire departments receiving some grant funding to help with operations

Sewer Systems

Obion County
$70,000.00​

There you have it. South Fulton benefits from the tax dollars of the county and state and yet will stand by idly as a taxpayers home burns down.

If you do not have services provided you do not pay for those services in your taxes. Just as if you live on a private road you taxes are reduced for plowing services you do not receive.
Welcome to USMB, Non Sequitur!

Seventy-five lousy dollars is cheap insurance and the homeowner was an asshole for not paying.

Nevertheless, the fire department should have put the fire out and then billed the homeowner for costs incurred.

Seventy-five lousy dollars is cheap insurance and the homeowner was an asshole for not paying.

Nevertheless, the fire department should have put the fire out and then billed the homeowner for costs incurred.

How do you know the dept had legal standing to bill? If so would a 10k bill been appropriate?

Crocker said a major

Sewer Systems

Obion County
$70,000.00​

Have you ever heard of Venn diagrams?

I can't see how you could have a mortgage without paying for fire protection and fire insurance.

But I can't imagine any community that offers it as an option. Libertarianism gone wild

Someone mention that yesterday. What would be fair is to charge him the fee $500 + $75 for every year he was in residence in that house and put a lien on that house until the bill was paid in full. Except there izz no house/

Sewer Systems

Obion County
$70,000.00​

Welcome to USMB, Non Sequitur!

It's good to be here.

Oh, so now you wiggle out of your false statement by expanding this beyond the fire coverage issue. So these local fire department are suppose to come to Michigan and put out a fire at my house, because some of my tax dollars found their way into a block grant?

County tax dollars are not spent on city streets (locals). Majors receive state money, but not county. Further, I doubt the sheriff department does any city patrols. Yet the city folks get to pay for the service.

I am sure the city is complying with all rules regarding the money they get from the state. The ONLY person who failed to do what was in his best interest is the home owner.

Oh, so now you wiggle out of your false statement by expanding this beyond the fire coverage issue. So these local fire department are suppose to come to Michigan and put out a fire at my house, because some of my tax dollars found their way into a block grant?

County tax dollars are not spent on city streets (locals). Majors receive state money, but not county. Further, I doubt the sheriff department does any city patrols. Yet the city folks get to pay for the service.

I am sure the city is complying with all rules regarding the money they get from the state. The ONLY person who failed to do what was in his best interest is the home owner.
No...according to the article I posted, the county saved the city $280,000. And yet the city will not get off its ass and put out a fire that belongs to one of the people in the county that pays taxes that enabled the city to save $280,000.

Someone mention that yesterday. What would be fair is to charge him the fee $500 + $75 for every year he was in residence in that house and put a lien on that house until the bill was paid in full. Except there izz no house/

If he's lucky, and has conservative neighbors, they'll help him to rebuild.

I can't see how you could have a mortgage without paying for fire protection and fire insurance.

But I can't imagine any community that offers it as an option. Libertarianism gone wild

uh huh...libertarianism wild? How about entitlement mentality gone wild?

did the idiot realize that his homeowners insurance may not pay now? I am wiling to wager they will do their damnedest to look for a loophole and I don't blame them.

He has to have a ins. policy unless of course he owns it outright and there is no lien. In essence he willfully and wantonly refused to cover his home in case of fire.

This is what I mean when I refer to helping folks...my motto, taken from Dennis Miller who I think hit it right on the head;

I am more than willing to help the helpless, but I won't help the clueless.

And here in lays one of those demarcations that can be clearly drawn between cons and libs....

Decisions like these are made by people ( the clueless) everyday; they shoot themselves in the foot , they act contrary to their own best interests for short term gain, while damaging their prospects for the long term, you can perhaps educate but cannot teach someone to look out for themselves.

The left believes otherwise, they believe in instituting any number of measures to skirt the fact that this is the human condition, no amount of social engineering was going to make this Homer pay that $75 bucks...period...some folks have common sense and smarts, some don't.

You cannot protect someone from their own innate stupidity and lack of mental acuity......annnnd so it goes.

Last edited:
No...according to the article I posted, the county saved the city $280,000. And yet the city will not get off its ass and put out a fire that belongs to one of the people in the county that pays taxes that enabled the city to save $280,000.

No according to the articles you posted, $70,000 dollars was granted from the state to the county for an elementary school. The amount from the county is minimal and benefited the county as well. Truly misleading and unfounded point.

Forum List

Back