Firefighters Watch As House Burns Down

Life in a Libertarian World

Yup, personal responsibility! Instead we live in a Progressive Liberal country atm. Bush and Obama are as extreme as Government gets and it’s burning to entire country to the ground instead of just the people that foolishly run their life and their business… when failing at life make sure you take everyone with you, good call RW.

“Life in a Libertarian World,” Haha, if only we were so lucky! Have you noticed progression as a society has slowed down dramatically the more Government forces itself into our daily lives? I know it’s a weird concept to you RW because you believe without Government we would all be living in mud huts killing each other with sticks… Makes you wonder how and why we progressed so much quicker when Governments role was so minor or nonexistent.

The public policy should require fire services for all citizens in any event, but could stipulate if anyone opted not pay the minimal fee for public fire service, then they would be subject to x amount of charges ($ thousands) in the event public fire services are needed by them.

The fire services will not be there if people choose to only pay if they have a problem. The fire equipment must be purchased well in advance of your emergency. Pay a million dollars, you still will have to wait six months for the factory to make your fire truck.

No, I'm not saying they should pay only if they need service.

Good public leadership would set a policy where fire departments focus only on putting out all fires under all circumstances and let the charges be sifted out after the fact. Under no circumstances should an able bodied fire department just stand by and watch.

If it has to be set up in a way where people are left to choose whether or not to pay the $75 public fire service fee, I'm saying if they choose to take that gamble and not pay the fee, the result of having a fire at their house should not be to just have the fire department sit and watch a property burn until it reaches the neighbors who did pay property. The result should be a hefty fine for necessary fire services, which will pay for itself.

Last edited:
Valerie, you seem to not get my point. If a large number of people choose to avoid the yearly fee, there will not be a fire service. It takes money everyday to keep the system up and running. It is the equivalent of letting people buy life insurance for dead people. You just pay all the back premiums and a small penalty and there you go $100,000.

Valerie, you seem to not get my point. If a large number of people choose to avoid the yearly fee, there will not be a fire service. It takes money everyday to keep the system up and running. It is the equivalent of letting people buy life insurance for dead people. You just pay all the back premiums and a small penalty and there you go $100,000.

This guy chose to not pay the fee and the fire service still existed so you are making an imaginary scenario to make your point. In this real scenario whatever funds they are already using to create the fire department are already sufficient enough to offer people this $75 dollar option already. I'm simply saying the consequence should not ever be to have the fire department standby and wait for the fire to reach the properties who did pay the fee..that is bad public safety policy. The consequence should rather be the hefty fine which will pay for the services provided.

Last edited:
The Obion County, Tenn. family whose home burned on Sept. 29 while firefighters watched from their truck has insurance to payoff their mortgage but not enough to cover everything lost or to rebuild, according to the family and their insurance agent.

Tennessee Tragedy: Family Had No Fire Service But Had Some Insurance

There go the neighborhood property values.

So this bozo ALSO cheated on his home owner insurance too? This just gets better and better. Surely even the bleeding hearts must see a trend here.

The Obion County, Tenn. family whose home burned on Sept. 29 while firefighters watched from their truck has insurance to payoff their mortgage but not enough to cover everything lost or to rebuild, according to the family and their insurance agent.

So this bozo ALSO cheated on his home owner insurance too? This just gets better and better. Surely even the bleeding hearts must see a trend here.
It appears he had the minimum requirement so I'm not sure where you are getting he cheated.

I find it amazing that some defend this slickster who thought he could get the same service as those who pay.

Indicative of personal values, IMO.

Yeah...some old folks, grandparents, lived on the land for 40 years, probably hard core conservative voters...a bunch of fucking creeps for not paying a $75 fine.

I love rightwing America.

Yeah...some old folks, grandparents, lived on the land for 40 years, probably hard core conservative voters...a bunch of fucking creeps for not paying a $75 fine.

What fine?

I find it amazing that some defend this slickster who thought he could get the same service as those who pay.

If you read the article linked, he had a chimney fire three years ago, the fire department put it out and he paid them the $75 after the fact.

Apparently the fire department has become vindictive.

This guy chose to not pay the fee and the fire service still existed so you are making an imaginary scenario to make your point. In this real scenario whatever funds they are already using to create the fire department are already sufficient enough to offer people this $75 dollar option already. I'm simply saying the consequence should not ever be to have the fire department standby and wait for the fire to reach the properties who did pay the fee..that is bad public safety policy. The consequence should rather be the hefty fine which will pay for the services provided.

Your wrong. The policy was put in place twenty years ago, precisely because 75% of the fire runs were rural and those folks paid nothing. It was a burden on the city folks. It worked well until this guy and his inability to assess risk.

You also fail to recognize that 5 other departments offer the service for free, but ch ose not to show up. Stop and ask yourself why. I'll bet there was a line at the City Treasure's office the first business day after the fire. About half the county folks were not paying.

So, I think I'll drop my auto insurance policy, Young Lefty can get a real job, pay taxes, and when my car crashes, his taxes can pay for my new car!

I like that plan. I'm tired of paying for all this damned insurance!

You should. Because we believe in taking care of ourselves so you won't have to. Taking care of idiots gets a little tiresome sometimes. This guy is a true idiot. Just like that idiot who outed herself as an illegal with a stolen SS care and a signature on an I9 form swearing to the truthfullness of it. Course the lawbreaker/liar/forgerer/manipulator is the one libturds always choose to side with. Why do you hate America so much?

If you read the article linked, he had a chimney fire three years ago, the fire department put it out and he paid them the $75 after the fact.

Yup, I read it. They lucked out with the chimney fire.

They tried to slime out of paying again and this time they didn't luck out.

Too bad for them. They knew the rules and willfully tried to slime out of them again.

And, if I were the insurance company, I would deny paying coverage. They were willfully negligent. I'm surprised any coverage is not made null and void if the fire subscription fee is not paid.

Your wrong. The policy was put in place twenty years ago, precisely because 75% of the fire runs were rural and those folks paid nothing. It was a burden on the city folks. It worked well until this guy and his inability to assess risk.

You also fail to recognize that 5 other departments offer the service for free, but ch ose not to show up.
Stop and ask yourself why. I'll bet there was a line at the City Treasure's office the first business day after the fire. About half the county folks were not paying.
Because the 911 service, which is operated by the county, btw...routed the call to South Fulton because this property was within the five mile outer limits around the city.

So, I think I'll drop my auto insurance policy, Young Lefty can get a real job, pay taxes, and when my car crashes, his taxes can pay for my new car!

I like that plan. I'm tired of paying for all this damned insurance!

Oh no Middleman, you just have to pay back premiums and a small penalty. Of course, if you never have an accident you'll have a pile of money. Any intelligent person will see this is a much cheaper idea and stop paying insurance. The insurance industry will close up, because they only get premiums when there is a claim. I really should be surprised liberals want to defend the person robbing other people. It happens all the time.

Yup, I read it. They lucked out with the chimney fire.

They tried to slime out of paying again and this time they didn't luck out.

Too bad for them. They knew the rules and willfully tried to slime out of them again.

And, if I were the insurance company, I would deny paying coverage. They were willfully negligent. I'm surprised any coverage is not made null and void if the fire subscription fee is not paid.
I'd say the fire department gave them a false sense of security by responding to them the first time.

You also fail to recognize that 5 other departments offer the service for free, but ch ose not to show up.
Stop and ask yourself why. I'll bet there was a line at the City Treasure's office the first business day after the fire. About half the county folks were not paying.
Because the 911 service, which is operated by the county, btw...routed the call to South Fulton because this property was within the five mile outer limits around the city.

It is a computer system. It should have been noted the property was not covered due to nonpayment. The other part of reality is, at five miles away, a structure fire is usually going to result in a total loss. Sorry if that cuts into your horns and pitchfork firefighter v. stupid home owner pity party.

Forum List

Back