🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fireworks Scrapped at some Military Bases???

Caroljo

Gold Member
Jun 2, 2009
Michigan
Well....that's nice. At least Obama and his family got to have a nice trip to Africa and spent 100 mil of our money. But forget our military having any fun.....

WASHINGTON — The Fourth of July won't have a patriotic boom in the sky over some military bases because budget cuts and furloughed workers also mean furloughed fireworks.

Independence Day celebrations have been canceled at the Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base and at the Army's Fort Bragg, both in North Carolina. The annual July Fourth celebration also has been scrapped at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, Ga.

The reason is money – namely the lack of it.
Fourth Of July Fireworks Scrapped At Military Bases

Fireworks are scrapped at Dahlgren Naval Base too. That's where we usually go.

BUT -- on the bright side --- two men can suck each other's dicks now in the military.

I'm told that most of the military on our bases here are foreigners. ( Russian, Chinese, German, Belgian, others ) Obama has the majority of our soldiers spread out in the middle east & throughout the world. Easier for foreign soldiers to shoot American citizens than to expect our own troops to do it. Stay tuned for those fireworks, folks.....

- Jeri

How do you send people home from work without pay on those bases and then splurge on fireworks?

Are Republicans that dumb?

Maybe Obama should have left his family home, that money would have MORE than paid for fireworks for the military. This is a big holiday for them! But I guess it's more important that Obama's kids get what they want, screw the military kids.

Maybe Obama should have left his family home, that money would have MORE than paid for fireworks for the military. This is a big holiday for them! But I guess it's more important that Obama's kids get what they want, screw the military kids.

The Obama kids don't eat much and get a "kids stay free" discount

You guys just don't get the sequester. Federal workers are taking a 20% hit in their paycheck. Frills like WhiteHouse tours, Blue Angels and fireworks are not necessary

Diplomatic missions to other nations are part of the duties of a President

Don't like it.......blame the TeaTards

They pushed for this sequester

You guys just don't get the sequester. Federal workers are taking a 20% hit in their paycheck. Frills like WhiteHouse tours, Blue Angels and fireworks are not necessary

It's not how much those kids eat! It's how much it costs to protect those kids, and his wife....the cost could have been MUCH less than it is if he'd just gone by himself. They don't care that others go without, they'll just keep spending the money we don't have. You'd think our Gov't would also try to be a little "thrifty" in their spending since so many others are going without. But hey, what do you care? You would defend them no matter what.

It's not how much those kids eat! It's how much it costs to protect those kids, and his wife....the cost could have been MUCH less than it is if he'd just gone by himself. They don't care that others go without, they'll just keep spending the money we don't have. You'd think our Gov't would also try to be a little "thrifty" in their spending since so many others are going without. But hey, what do you care? You would defend them no matter what.

This sequester nonsense is an artificial crisis pushed by the TeaTards

If they have to do without some fireworks then that is the least they can sacrifice

If they have to do without some fireworks then that is the least they can sacrifice

So, due to the sequester, we can't have fireworks at military bases but Obama can still go globetrotting every 5 minutes?

So, due to the sequester, we can't have fireworks at military bases but Obama can still go globetrotting every 5 minutes?

Diplomatic missions are a presidents responsibility

Fireworks and whitehouse tours are frills

It's not just the wife and kids. Big Moo invited 30 friends to go along, grandma came and some niece was invited to go too. obama's the big spender, on someone else's dime.

Drinking your own Kool Aid again I see. Read on, Im sure you will find it informative. Bottom line is the sequester is Barrack's baby no matter how much you say it is not.

White House Admits (Third Time) President Obama Fibbed On Sequester
Sperling finally wilted under the pressure of tough questioning to admit that “yes, in fact, the sequestration was President Obama’s plan.”
White House Admits (Third Time) President Obama Fibbed On Sequester - Forbes
or
Obama owns sequestration
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/bob-woodward-obama-owns-sequestration-87978.html
adding insult to injury:
Email tells feds to make sequester as painful as promised
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...eds-make-sequester-painful-promised/?page=all
Obama Admin Email: “Make Sure the Sequester Cuts are as Painful as the President Promised”
http://www.1800politics.com/obama-a...uts-are-as-painful-as-the-president-promised/

Last edited:
Why should our govt. spend money on fireworks for every base? Hell they didn't when I was in. While station by Wash. D.C. I went to the park and watched fireworks or bought my own.
This was the year that Reagan had called the musical group Beach Boys evil and degenerates, they made it up to them by letting them perform on in the Park in D.C. I don't like the Beach Boys but I went anyway.

Why should our govt. spend money on fireworks for every base? Hell they didn't when I was in. While station by Wash. D.C. I went to the park and watched fireworks or bought my own.
This was the year that Reagan had called the musical group Beach Boys evil and degenerates, they made it up to them by letting them perform on in the Park in D.C. I don't like the Beach Boys but I went anyway.

The Beach Boys on Obama and Reagan... douche nozzle....Beach Boys Singer: ?Obama Is An A**Hole? | Mediaite

you are a liar (teatards) and a damn downer for people in this country...the Obama's can take their EXTENDED family on a 100 MILLION dollar vacation but they can't put out money for the FAMILIES of the military in this country on the FOURTH OF JULY

Last edited:
Get the families to buy their own fireworks and you'll have a massive show. That's the only way to show them - they already cancelled other forms of entertainment like flight display teams.

Well....that's nice. At least Obama and his family got to have a nice trip to Africa and spent 100 mil of our money. But forget our military having any fun.....

WASHINGTON — The Fourth of July won't have a patriotic boom in the sky over some military bases because budget cuts and furloughed workers also mean furloughed fireworks.

Independence Day celebrations have been canceled at the Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base and at the Army's Fort Bragg, both in North Carolina. The annual July Fourth celebration also has been scrapped at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, Ga.

The reason is money – namely the lack of it.
Fourth Of July Fireworks Scrapped At Military Bases

Quite right!
You could have someone's eye out with those things!

Want your fireworks back?

Pressure Congress to end thei ill advised sequester

Drinking your own Kool Aid again I see. Read on, Im sure you will find it informative. Bottom line is the sequester is Barrack's baby no matter how much you say it is not.

White House Admits (Third Time) President Obama Fibbed On Sequester
Sperling finally wilted under the pressure of tough questioning to admit that “yes, in fact, the sequestration was President Obama’s plan.”
White House Admits (Third Time) President Obama Fibbed On Sequester - Forbes
or
Obama owns sequestration
Bob Woodward: Obama owns sequestration - Kevin Cirilli - POLITICO.com
adding insult to injury:
Email tells feds to make sequester as painful as promised
Email tells feds to make sequester as painful as promised - Washington Times
Obama Admin Email: “Make Sure the Sequester Cuts are as Painful as the President Promised”
Obama Admin Email: "Make Sure the Sequester Cuts are as Painful as the President Promised" 1-800-Politics.com

I thought it was always known that he proposed it.
It was intended as a M. A. D. strategy to ensure that a bipartisan solution to the deficit was reached by a joint select committee.
He believed that neither side would be crazy enough to let the sequester kick in...or so the story goes.

Forum List

Back