🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fireworks Scrapped at some Military Bases???

Sequester wasn't a cut, it was a reduction in the rise of spending. It cut nothing that was existing. If thee was money for fireworks last year, the same money should be there this year.

Note to Conservatives...

Exotic Family Vacations to Africa are important

Fireworks, White House Tours and Blue Angels shows are not

there I fixed it for you

Those "Exotic family Vacation" were important when the Bush family took them, they were important when the Clinton family took them.
Even the leader of China has considered it important when he visited Africa four times

Fireworks, White House Tours and Blue Angels shows are not. Especially when workers on that base are taking a 20% pay cut. That pay cut is not "important" to conservatives

Sequester wasn't a cut, it was a reduction in the rise of spending. It cut nothing that was existing. If thee was money for fireworks last year, the same money should be there this year.

Tell it to the Federal Employees taking a 20% cut in their paycheck

Fireworks, White House Tours and Blue Angels shows are not. Especially when workers on that base are taking a 20% pay cut. That pay cut is not "important" to conservatives

But yet Obama’s $7 billion plan to power Africa is Ok with you?

obama's extended vacation in Martha's Vineyard is a matter of national security.

Last edited:

An effective power grid is essential to Africas movement from third world status. I have no problems with the US investing to help the people of Africa. You get much more bang for the buck with this type of intervention than military intervention and what goes around, comes around

I also appreciated the investment the Bush administration made in developing hospitals, and providing support in the fight of the AIDS epidemic

Last edited:
I hope the people of Africa fully appreciate just how much President Bush has done and continues to do for them. He spent over 15 billion to fight AIDS in Africa while POTUS and he and Laura continue to make Africa a priority even in his retirement.

I hope the people of Africa fully appreciate just how much President Bush has done and continues to do for them. He spent over 15 billion to fight AIDS in Africa while POTUS and he and Laura continue to make Africa a priority even in his retirement.

I would rather the people of Africa be beholden to the United States for helping them escape poverty than beholden to the Peoples Republic of China

An effective power grid is essential to Africas movement from third world status. I have no problems with the US investing to help the people of Africa. You get much more bang for the buck with this type of intervention than military intervention and what goes around, comes around

I also appreciated the investment the Bush administration made in developing hospitals, and providing support in the fight of the AIDS epidemic

You did not answer my questions:
1. How does 7 BILLION to upgrade power in Africa help the United States?
and
2. Don't you think that 7 BILLION could be better spent in the United States?

You did not answer my questions:
1. How does 7 BILLION to upgrade power in Africa help the United States?
and
2. Don't you think that 7 BILLION could be better spent in the United States?

I understand how international diplomacy and the concept of economic aid is beyond the comprehension of most conservatives, so I will keep it simple

It is like a carrot and a stick. You get much better results with the carrot than you do with the stick

Let me put it in simplistic terms for Conservatives.....
Communism= BAD
China helps Africa
USA does nothing
Africa says Communism=Good

Last edited:

I would rather the people of Africa be beholden to the United States for helping them escape poverty than beholden to the Peoples Republic of China

I agree. I think Chinas involvement in Africa is something we as a nation should be closely watching, and I think we need to be investing in the region at least as much as they are, and Im not just referring to money.

However, I think it's pretty indisputable that Bush was the best friend Africa ever had. He tripled spending for Africa and passed the largest AIDS relief bill ever. He didn't just spend either, he was very involved in the process, ensuring that money was spent smartly and between Bush and Laura they managed to visit the continent 7 times while he was POTUS. He and Laura are even meeting Obama in Africa this year. His passion for the region hasn't stopped simply because his term ended. His legancy is Africa.

For those who understand what "Doing the right thing" means

$7 billion in power grid infrastructure improvements can save millions of lives in cultures like you see in Africa. Refrigeration, medical equipment, communications, water pumps and purification.......all need a dependable supply of electricity

Saving lives of people you don't know is more important than fireworks on the fourth of July

The Obama kids don't eat much and get a "kids stay free" discount

You guys just don't get the sequester. Federal workers are taking a 20% hit in their paycheck. Frills like WhiteHouse tours, Blue Angels and fireworks are not necessary

Diplomatic missions to other nations are part of the duties of a President

Don't like it.......blame the TeaTards

They pushed for this sequester

It's not how much those kids eat! It's how much it costs to protect those kids, and his wife....the cost could have been MUCH less than it is if he'd just gone by himself. They don't care that others go without, they'll just keep spending the money we don't have. You'd think our Gov't would also try to be a little "thrifty" in their spending since so many others are going without. But hey, what do you care? You would defend them no matter what.

This sequester nonsense is an artificial crisis pushed by the TeaTards

If they have to do without some fireworks then that is the least they can sacrifice

Bullshit, Obama and the Democrats own sequester... They just didn't expect the Republicans to go for it.

$7 billion in power grid infrastructure improvements can save millions of lives in cultures like you see in Africa. Refrigeration, medical equipment, communications, water pumps and purification.......all need a dependable supply of electricity

Saving lives of people you don't know is more important than fireworks on the fourth of July

Hey liberal dick...Doing the right thing also dictates that you don't leave yourself short when it comes time to provide for people you do actually know. Maybe if we didn't subsidize the people we don't know so often, they might learn to take care of themselves for a change, then they might have a reason to celebrate independence themselves.

Hey liberal dick...Doing the right thing also dictates that you don't leave yourself short when it comes time to provide for people you do actually know. Maybe if we didn't subsidize the people we don't know so often, they might learn to take care of themselves for a change, then they might have a reason to celebrate independence themselves.

I don't see anyone in the US suffering anywhere near the magnitude of the suffering that occurs in Africa

To bitch about some fucking fireworks on Military bases and use desperately needed economic aid in Africa as an example of waste is pathetic

Conservatives are scum....no getting around it

If we didn't waste money on people suffering in Africa, I could have my fireworks

Last edited:
Well....that's nice. At least Obama and his family got to have a nice trip to Africa and spent 100 mil of our money. But forget our military having any fun.....

WASHINGTON — The Fourth of July won't have a patriotic boom in the sky over some military bases because budget cuts and furloughed workers also mean furloughed fireworks.

Independence Day celebrations have been canceled at the Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base and at the Army's Fort Bragg, both in North Carolina. The annual July Fourth celebration also has been scrapped at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, Ga.

The reason is money – namely the lack of it.
Fourth Of July Fireworks Scrapped At Military Bases

Speaking of Africa.... Your firework problem is a first world problem. Don't like it, don't vote for the Tea Party next time.
As for Obama.. Presidents go on diplomatic trips, every president has. This Is one thing that did happen while on his trip though.
"Also Tuesday, Obama was joined by former President George W. Bush for a wreath-laying ceremony at the U.S. Embassy in Dar el Salaam, the site of a 1998 terror attack that killed 10 Tanzanians and injured more than 85 Americans and Tanzanians."

"Obama was in Africa to promote an increased partnership amid criticism the United States has, outside of military interests, focused its attention on other areas of the world."

And some perspective.
" Some 70% of Africans lack access to reliable electricity, Obama said, and the United States can help bring more power on line."
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/02/politics/obama-africa-trip/?c=&page=1

Not sure if 70% is factual, but I am sure it is close. The point is, people in Africa don't worry about fireworks, most have probably never seen a fireworks show.

Forum List

Back