Fireworks Scrapped at some Military Bases???

You do realize that the majority of leaders in Africa are just as corrupt as any others? Sure, we can throw them money, but will any of it end up where it's meant to go? Maybe a little. Is Obama going to send teams to Africa to make sure the money is used for the right purpose? Doubt it.....

You do realize that the majority of leaders in Africa are just as corrupt as any others? Sure, we can throw them money, but will any of it end up where it's meant to go? Maybe a little. Is Obama going to send teams to Africa to make sure the money is used for the right purpose? Doubt it.....

Yea...yea
I've heard it before. They are not worthy of our help
Better to let them die, it is the only way they learn

Well....that's nice. At least Obama and his family got to have a nice trip to Africa and spent 100 mil of our money. But forget our military having any fun.....

WASHINGTON — The Fourth of July won't have a patriotic boom in the sky over some military bases because budget cuts and furloughed workers also mean furloughed fireworks.

Independence Day celebrations have been canceled at the Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base and at the Army's Fort Bragg, both in North Carolina. The annual July Fourth celebration also has been scrapped at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, Ga.

The reason is money – namely the lack of it.
Fourth Of July Fireworks Scrapped At Military Bases

Speaking of Africa.... Your firework problem is a first world problem. Don't like it, don't vote for the Tea Party next time.
As for Obama.. Presidents go on diplomatic trips, every president has. This Is one thing that did happen while on his trip though.
"Also Tuesday, Obama was joined by former President George W. Bush for a wreath-laying ceremony at the U.S. Embassy in Dar el Salaam, the site of a 1998 terror attack that killed 10 Tanzanians and injured more than 85 Americans and Tanzanians."

"Obama was in Africa to promote an increased partnership amid criticism the United States has, outside of military interests, focused its attention on other areas of the world."

And some perspective.
" Some 70% of Africans lack access to reliable electricity, Obama said, and the United States can help bring more power on line."
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/02/politics/obama-africa-trip/?c=&page=1

Not sure if 70% is factual, but I am sure it is close. The point is, people in Africa don't worry about fireworks, most have probably never seen a fireworks show.

I never said he wasn't doing "some" good over there....my bitch is that he had to take his family, mother in law, a niece, and lord knows who else. Bush was already their, on their dime, doing humanitarian work...they just happen to both go to the same ceremony, it wasn't a plan! :) Anyway, like I said earlier in another post, do we know for sure that 7 billion will end up being used for what it's meant? I'll be surprised.....

Yea...yea

That's not what i said.....I'm talking about the corrupt leaders, not the african citizens that are suffering! It's many of those leaders that are LETTING this happen. The leaders have all the money, the people suffer. Sort of like what I think Obama wants to do here....and it's beginning to work!

Yea...yea

That's not what i said.....I'm talking about the corrupt leaders, not the african citizens that are suffering! It's many of those leaders that are LETTING this happen. The leaders have all the money, the people suffer. Sort of like what I think Obama wants to do here....and it's beginning to work!

Beginning to work? Because they don't have fireworks?
People do suffer in Africa, not having fireworks isn't suffering.

You guys bitch about Obama, but not about who is actually driving this country down and making you suffer. Of course you guys bitch when he visits other countries, like every other President has done, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Well....that's nice. At least Obama and his family got to have a nice trip to Africa and spent 100 mil of our money. But forget our military having any fun.....

WASHINGTON — The Fourth of July won't have a patriotic boom in the sky over some military bases because budget cuts and furloughed workers also mean furloughed fireworks.

Independence Day celebrations have been canceled at the Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base and at the Army's Fort Bragg, both in North Carolina. The annual July Fourth celebration also has been scrapped at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, Ga.

The reason is money – namely the lack of it.
Fourth Of July Fireworks Scrapped At Military Bases

Speaking of Africa.... Your firework problem is a first world problem. Don't like it, don't vote for the Tea Party next time.
As for Obama.. Presidents go on diplomatic trips, every president has. This Is one thing that did happen while on his trip though.
"Also Tuesday, Obama was joined by former President George W. Bush for a wreath-laying ceremony at the U.S. Embassy in Dar el Salaam, the site of a 1998 terror attack that killed 10 Tanzanians and injured more than 85 Americans and Tanzanians."

"Obama was in Africa to promote an increased partnership amid criticism the United States has, outside of military interests, focused its attention on other areas of the world."

And some perspective.
" Some 70% of Africans lack access to reliable electricity, Obama said, and the United States can help bring more power on line."
Obama concludes Africa trip - CNN.com

Not sure if 70% is factual, but I am sure it is close. The point is, people in Africa don't worry about fireworks, most have probably never seen a fireworks show.

I never said he wasn't doing "some" good over there....my bitch is that he had to take his family, mother in law, a niece, and lord knows who else. Bush was already their, on their dime, doing humanitarian work...they just happen to both go to the same ceremony, it wasn't a plan! :) Anyway, like I said earlier in another post, do we know for sure that 7 billion will end up being used for what it's meant? I'll be surprised.....

Personally, I like it when the US is the good guys and I like it when developing countries get another view of our country other than a military force. That $7 billion in aid will do more good than an invasion force. Our country has no problem spending $2 billion a week for an invasion force but bitches if we spend $7 billion in humanitarian aid that will help the lives of millions of people

And we bitch about fireworks that will be gone in five minutes

I think every military base in the US should save their fireworks for the day Obama walks out of the White House for good!

Yea...yea

You guys bitch about Obama, but not about who is actually driving this country down and making you suffer. Of course you guys bitch when he visits other countries, like every other President has done, so I shouldn't be surprised.

You know I didn't say it's beginning to work because they don't have fireworks, now you're just being an ass. But of course you think there's nothing wrong with how Obama is running things, you don't care that unemployment is stil higher than ever, that people aren't working or they're living paycheck to paycheck. Obama wants to help Africa, but he hasn't fixed any of the problems in his own country yet! That 7 billion would go a long ways here too.

That 7 billion would go a long ways in his own country that needs help too.

Oh wait, maybe that's what he's doing! My bad! :)

I wonder if right wingers bitched when Bush went to Africa or the multiple times Laura went on her own, one time being when she went on a safari with her daughters?

Obama is doing it because it is the Christian thing to do

You know I didn't say it's beginning to work because they don't have fireworks, now you're just being an ass. But of course you think there's nothing wrong with how Obama is running things, you don't care that unemployment is stil higher than ever, that people aren't working or they're living paycheck to paycheck. Obama wants to help Africa, but he hasn't fixed any of the problems in his own country yet! That 7 billion would go a long ways here too.

Did I say I didn't have a problem? Now you are being an ass.
And you used the fireworks as a way too attack Obama's trip, so I just figured it was one of your examples as to how we are suffering. I am not the one who posted this thread. ;)

Except that he's not a Christian.....he just pretends to be.

I wouldn't be so sure of that

He seems to more Christian than those who complain about giving up their fireworks so that millions of Africans don't suffer

Except that he's not a Christian.....he just pretends to be.

I wouldn't be so sure of that

He seems to more Christian than those who complain about giving up their fireworks so that millions of Africans don't suffer

They really don't even have to give them up in most cases.

"With the subtraction of Fort Bragg’s July 4 fireworks show this year, the City of Fayetteville is offering area residents another opportunity to celebrate, thanks in large part to sponsors Destination America television channel, USA WEEKEND magazine and local partners Reed-Lallier Chevrolet, Huske Hardware House and the Arts Council of Fayetteville/Cumberland County. A fireworks show, complete with entertainment and food vendors, will be held July 4 in Festival Park. Entertainment begins at 4:30 p.m. and fireworks start at approximately 9:15 p.m."
http://www.cityoffayetteville.org/default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

That is just one. It's the 4th of July, there is probably ten other places to watch the Fireworks. We have at least four in this area and fireworks are illegal.

No idea..... :)

But a Christian would never cover a cross during a speech because it might "offend" someone.
He was raised muslim.....they don't convert to Christianity easily.
He praises Islam in speeches, then says America wasn't founded on Christianity (which is a lie).
He agrees (now) that gays/lesbians should be able to marry.
He's pro abortion.

To just name a few.....

But a Christian would never cover a cross during a speech because it might "offend" someone.
He praises Islam in speeches, then says America wasn't founded on Christianity (which is a lie).
He's pro abortion.

To just name a few.....

He was raised Muslim? He spent most of his youth with his Christian Grandparents. Going to a school that is Muslim friendly, doesn't translate to being raised Muslim.

Your statement just made me realize there is no point in trying to argue with you. People who think Obama is Muslim and/or born Kenya are lacking quite a bit, and not worth the time.

He's pro abortion.

To just name a few.....

I know many Christians that feel gay and lesbians should be allowed to marry. From your posts, I can easily assume they are more Christian than you are.

Forum List

Back