First lifetime gambling ban since 1924

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
He was involved while he was injured, when he was on the Pirates.

You can't ignore that the league's career hits leader agreed to this ban after he was caught gambling.

Marcano bet a total of $150,000 on FanDuel in a year.

MLB announced Marcano's lifetime ban Tuesday, saying that an investigation showed he violated Rule 21(d)(2) of the league's betting rules and policies.

Marcano’s 387 baseball bets included 231 MLB-related wagers for $87,319 between Oct. 16, 2022, and last Nov. 1. Twenty-five of those bets included wagers on Pirates games while he was on the team’s major league roster. Now 24, Marcano, has not played since tearing his right ACL last July 24 and was receiving medical treatment at PNC Park last year.

Marcano bet almost exclusively on the outcomes of games and lost all of his parlay bets involving the Pirates, winning just 4.3% of all of his MLB-related bets.

Last edited:
So should the ban for this be 5 years or so? Keep in mind, once you are out of a pro sports league for 5 years, getting back in is nearly impossible.

You can't ignore that the league's career hits leader agreed to this ban after he was caught gambling.

MLB announced Marcano's lifetime ban Tuesday, saying that an investigation showed he violated Rule 21(d)(2) of the league's betting rules and policies.

Marcano’s 387 baseball bets included 231 MLB-related wagers for $87,319 between Oct. 16, 2022, and last Nov. 1. Twenty-five of those bets included wagers on Pirates games while he was on the team’s major league roster. Now 24, Marcano, has not played since tearing his right ACL last July 24 and was receiving medical treatment at PNC Park last year.

Marcano bet almost exclusively on the outcomes of games and lost all of his parlay bets involving the Pirates, winning just 4.3% of all of his MLB-related bets.
i never even heard of this guy.....he was bench anyway no big deal....

Oh look here's troll boy 24/7. Do you ever have a comment that's interesting or not a personal attack? This is the Sports Forum.
I wasnt even talking to you, boy. But I think it is a worthwhile question. The guy, and maybe you as well, are attracted to really shitty people that you admire and look up to. It's really weird.

There is a former teammate of Ohtani (no longer with Dodgers) who either placed bets with Ohtani or maybe he said that Ohtani was gambling, but do you think MLB wanted it known that their best player was involved in gambling? Could you imagine them banning Ohtani for gambling?

Me neither.

I think there is more to that story.

To get banned and to have done it so badly is impressive.

Some people really are stupid, especially sports players.

There is a former teammate of Ohtani (no longer with Dodgers) who either placed bets with Ohtani or maybe he said that Ohtani was gambling, but do you think MLB wanted it known that their best player was involved in gambling? Could you imagine them banning Ohtani for gambling?

Me neither.

I think there is more to that story.
he wasnt his team mate, he was basically his interpreter....

Some people really are stupid, especially sports players.

And politicians
And economists
And carpenters
And doctors
And landscapers
And architects
And teachers
And bus drivers
And pharmacists
And ...

because it never happened?.....ohtani has hardly been with the dodgers......the only person mentioned in that out here was his interpreter ippei Mizuhara....no other player...
So his interpreter had access to his money? Why would he have access to 17 million he could steal and gamble away?

There is more here than people will ever know about.

So his interpreter had access to his money? Why would he have access to 17 million he could steal and gamble away?

There is more here than people will ever know about.
thats what they are saying...he embezzled it....but you could be right...

Forum List

Back