First National Bank Of Omaha To Dump NRA-Branded Visa Credit Card

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
IT BEGINS: BANK PARTNER BAILS ON NRA

The card offers 5 percent back on gas and sporting goods purchases.

The First National Bank of Omaha has decided to cut ties with the National Rifle Association in a national moment of reckoning over gun control.

Citing complaints from customers, the company’s First Bankcard division will no longer issue NRA-branded Visa credit cards touted by the gun-rights group as a special benefit of membership after the current contract between the two parties expires.

“Customer feedback has caused us to review our relationship with the NRA. As a result, First National Bank of Omaha will not renew its contract with the National Rifle Association to issue the NRA Visa Card,” a First National Bank spokesman told HuffPost by email Thursday.

The spokesman did not immediately respond to a follow-up question on when the contract will expire.

Members of the group are still able to purchase NRA-branded prepaid Visa debit cards because those are made available through a separate entity, NetSpend, which is currently “reviewing the relationship” it has with the NRA.

On Wednesday, a Visa spokeswoman stressed that the company strives to make its payment services available to everyone.

More: First National Bank Of Omaha To Dump NRA-Branded Visa Credit Card

Good news! Maybe the tide is finally turning. I hope. I know many gun owners are fed up with the NRA - including me.

Last edited:
IT BEGINS: BANK PARTNER BAILS ON NRA

The card offers 5 percent back on gas and sporting goods purchases.

The First National Bank of Omaha has decided to cut ties with the National Rifle Association in a national moment of reckoning over gun control.

Citing complaints from customers, the company’s First Bankcard division will no longer issue NRA-branded Visa credit cards touted by the gun-rights group as a special benefit of membership after the current contract between the two parties expires.

“Customer feedback has caused us to review our relationship with the NRA. As a result, First National Bank of Omaha will not renew its contract with the National Rifle Association to issue the NRA Visa Card,” a First National Bank spokesman told HuffPost by email Thursday.

The spokesman did not immediately respond to a follow-up question on when the contract will expire.

Members of the group are still able to purchase NRA-branded prepaid Visa debit cards because those are made available through a separate entity, NetSpend, which is currently “reviewing the relationship” it has with the NRA.

On Wednesday, a Visa spokeswoman stressed that the company strives to make its payment services available to everyone.

More: First National Bank Of Omaha To Dump NRA-Branded Visa Credit Card

Good news! Maybe the tide is finally turning. I hope. I know many gun owners are fed up with the NRA - including me.

I'm TOTALLY crushed. I think I'm MELTING.... GAWD -- you're so brainwashed.

Forum List

Back