🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

First Paycheck Since the New Tax Rates Were Enacted

just seems silly to cut taxes for the rich and then fund infrastructure.

First off, everybody that pays income taxes got a rate cut not just "the rich" and those rate cuts (especially for business) were long overdue, the federal government extracts far too much from the productive economy to justify even the reduced rates it's charging now; secondly if you can borrow at near zero real rates to fund capex that yields a net positive return in terms of increasing the non-inflationary output potential of the economy then it's not silly, it's good business.

The question is, can the morons in the federal government get past all the partisan special interest nonsense and graft in order to deploy that capex effectively? recent history suggestions that they won't but we won't know until we see the results.
Nobody takes the right wing seriously about economics. What do you mean by tax cuts were, "overdue" when we have massive debt and deficit spending?

:rolleyes: Thank you for your completely irrelevant, hyperbolic response; get back to me when your vocabulary and comprehension have developed sufficiently to understand generally accepted principles of finance and economics at which point we'll at least have the prospect of carrying on a meaningful conversation.

... in the meantime you'll have to forgive me tif I don't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

"Thank you for your visit" -- Saladin, Kingdom of Heaven
What do you mean by tax cuts were, "overdue" when we have massive debt and deficit spending?
LOL, Here's a hint: The solution to deficit spending isn't to extort ever increasing amounts of resources from the productive component of the economy in order to transfer it to the unproductive one, that's like trying to cure alcoholism by feeding the drunk more booze.

.. but your original gripe wasn't with spending, your original gripe was regarding capex on infrastructure that has a potential to show a positive net ROI, which unlike the plethora of extra curricular activities that the federal government wastes money on is at least economically and financially justifiable in theory.

Lastly if you want to pay higher income tax rates, then by all means put your money where your mouth is and write a check to the U.S. Treasury, they'll be happy to accept it.
the right wing is all political talk and no political action when it comes to smaller government.

ending our drug war should be a "no brainer" simply Because, it is not in the Republican Doctrine.

Forum List

Back