🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

First woman in the U.S. infantry, kicked out for sex, this is why you don't have women serve withmen

Since Trump was elected the Marines are authorized to keep pretty close tabs on officers and enlisted personnel. Maybe the Navy will address the pregnancy rate on U.S. warships sometime in the future.

infantry--but what was her MOS??
...I've put out the stats/facts/etc before--the majority of women can't hang with the males
...not only do they have less muscle mass, their muscles are not as efficient as males
etc etc

..so then you have a very few who can ''hang'' with the males, then even fewer that want to join the military, then even fewer that want to be infantry
..it's not worth the $$$$/etc to have them there

They can make it through the 14 weeks of training, the problem comes with the actual depolyment and long term wear and tear on their bodies...
not many can
many more-- by percentage fall out --of OCS
I wonder what her MOS was?
what training do you mean? BootCamp?

She was a Marine Infantry officer.

You didn't bother to read the OP's link, did you?

From the OP's link...............................

After pleading guilty to the fraternization charge, Corporal Cruz was reduced in rank from sergeant to corporal and restricted to the base. She may also leave the Marine Corps with an other-than-honorable discharge, meaning she could be stripped of almost all Veterans Affairs benefits and jeopardize future employment in the civilian sector.

Sergeants aren't officers, they are enlisted. She was a Sergeant that was reduced to Corporal (another enlisted rank).
If she was only a Sgt then yes this was political. While technically a violation NO one when I was in was interested in charging sgts with hanging out with lance Corporals, Her command probably has an ass for a Commander.

The only time I had to worry about hanging out with the troops was after I made SNCO, THEN it was a big deal.

...I've put out the stats/facts/etc before--the majority of women can't hang with the males
...not only do they have less muscle mass, their muscles are not as efficient as males
etc etc

..so then you have a very few who can ''hang'' with the males, then even fewer that want to join the military, then even fewer that want to be infantry

They can make it through the 14 weeks of training, the problem comes with the actual depolyment and long term wear and tear on their bodies...
not many can

After pleading guilty to the fraternization charge, Corporal Cruz was reduced in rank from sergeant to corporal and restricted to the base. She may also leave the Marine Corps with an other-than-honorable discharge, meaning she could be stripped of almost all Veterans Affairs benefits and jeopardize future employment in the civilian sector.

Sergeants aren't officers, they are enlisted. She was a Sergeant that was reduced to Corporal (another enlisted rank).
If she was only a Sgt then yes this was political. While technically a violation NO one when I was in was interested in charging sgts with hanging out with lance Corporals, Her command probably has an ass for a Commander.

The only time I had to worry about hanging out with the troops was after I made SNCO, THEN it was a big deal.

Same way when I was in. While some might look at a couple with differing paygrades a bit sideways, if it was E6 and below, they pretty much didn't bother with it.

If an enlisted was with a Chief or higher, then is when it starts to get dicey. In Millington, there was an E3 who was dating an E5, and they eventually got married. Nobody said boo the whole time they were dating. There was also an E6 who was dating an E7, but they had to keep it kinda on the down low until they finally also got married.

Enlisted and officers? Strictly verboten. Met a woman through a dating app while at Newport, and we talked for around 2 hours because we had so much in common. When I finally asked her what she did for a living, she said she was a JAG LT for the base legal. I then told her that we couldn't continue talking, and would never be able to date, because I was an E6. Was really a shame too, because she came by PSD a couple of days later to see who I was, and she was pretty cute.

I played dungeons and Dragons until I was a Ssgt. I was an instructor on an army base and no one cared I was playing with the troops as a Sgt. But as soon as I made Ssgt it became an issue. This is a case where an asshole commander does not like women marines and is stretching the normal procedures

I played dungeons and Dragons until I was a Ssgt. I was an instructor on an army base and no one cared I was playing with the troops as a Sgt. But as soon as I made Ssgt it became an issue. This is a case where an asshole commander does not like women marines and is stretching the normal procedures

Agreed. Having a corporal date a Sgt. isn't a big deal as far as I (or most of the other people I knew) were concerned. Enlisted could date enlisted, but they had to keep away from the khaki crowd (Chiefs and Officers).

Unfortunately, this Marine got hosed by her commander, and in my opinion, she was kicked out for petty bullshit.

Nature will take it's course.........always will..........and always has done so..........

Bit overblown here..............Everyone in the Navy and military were always trying to score..........hell we called it catch a wave and ride it............

Women in the Navy were called waves back then. LOL

Agreed. Having a corporal date a Sgt. isn't a big deal as far as I (or most of the other people I knew) were concerned. Enlisted could date enlisted, but they had to keep away from the khaki crowd (Chiefs and Officers).

Unfortunately, this Marine got hosed by her commander, and in my opinion, she was kicked out for petty bullshit.
Was he a Cpl? If so that is ALSO an NCO same as Sgt.

I know if I was in the military I'd be all for comfort girls.
But then it could be why Japan lost the war. I know my high school football coach always said "No banging your girlfriend the night before the game"
Hahah, not the way they yell rape today I bet you wouldn't LOL.

etc etc

not many can

Unlike you, I will admit when I am wrong! Thanks for pointing that out!

BikerSailor knows that very well. He was a titless WAVE!

Several posters here talking about fraternization between NCOs and lower enlisted.

Man when I was in back in 78 to 83, that ended a lot of careers. It was selectively enforced by the chain of command depending on whether they thought the NCO in question was worth keeping in spit of the UCMJ violation.

But everyone knew you would be putting your career at risk if you were the higher ranking NCO in a relationship with an enlisted woman.

who couldn't "handle the pressure"?

etc etc

I would personally prefer it if I did not have to worry about the people on my flank playing grabass instead of watching my flank. At least put them in seperate companies or platoons.

Forum List

Back