Five Minute Seminary

Clement

A REAL free thinker
Mar 8, 2014
1. It is not a sin to have money. HOWEVER, the money you have is a blessing. You should use it for your salvation and for the salvation of your neighbor. Befriend the stranger, feed the orphan, see to it that widows do not do without.

2. Love God and love your neighbor. Self explanatory.

3. Gays are not the problem. Enemies of God are the problem. Don't confuse the two.

4. The church is your family, it is not your adversary. Quit sniveling about the money the church takes in, after all, you want the lights to be on, the heat and air conditioning to be working, and the candles on the altar to be lit. They don't give any of that stuff away.

5. Nobody cares if you have a drink. Drinking too much is the problem. Smoking cigarettes may not be a sin, but it sure is stupid.

6. Everybody screws up. Just pick yourself up and begin again. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

7. He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

8. Jesus made the way to God for you, and gives you the strength to accomplish all these things.

Last edited:
P.S. - The rapture has never been taught by the (legitimate) church. It's bad theology, and anybody who teaches it probably has more bad theology up their sleeve.

P.S. - The rapture has never been taught by the (legitimate) church. It's bad theology, and anybody who teaches it probably has more bad theology up their sleeve.

interesting post and very true...the rapture is a modern concept...

*now sits back to watch the pseudo christians kick you to death

interesting post and very true...the rapture is a modern concept...

Some neo-Protestant denominations have made it their whole theology.

I'll just ask them where the word "rapture" is in the Bible.

Last edited:
*holds up hand* honey i am a pagan.....i just like to watch christians fight....it is nothing but amusing most of the time..esp love the ones that have no clue what the bible says unless fox has used the verse......

*holds up hand* honey i am a pagan.....i just like to watch christians fight....it is nothing but amusing most of the time..esp love the ones that have no clue what the bible says unless fox has used the verse......

I was wondering if that was Sheva in your avatar.

I didn't post this for the fundies, although they will want to answer me. I posted this for the fence sitters.

while we are at it...most would not have the spine to follow the bible....using the old testament is the law of god while the new is the grace of jesus...that does not mean you can ignore the old testament

but i love how people pick and choose which verses they want to follow

while we are at it...most would not have the spine to follow the bible....using the old testament is the law of god while the new is the grace of jesus...that does not mean you can ignore the old testament

but i love how people pick and choose which verses they want to follow

Well, obviously Hebrew ceremonial laws do not apply to Christians. We don't make animal sacrifices, for instance, because Christ is the one sacrifice made for all time.

And since refrigerators were invented we have been eating pork and shrimp. Some Jews do, too.

i am not talking about those laws...dietary laws were necessary for those times....

but for the sake of having nothing better to do...lets just to the nt...after jesus comes back from 40 days and 40 nights ...he declares ....he came only for the jews....

i simply contend the bible was written by jews for jews...nothing against jews....but they have pulled off the greatest pr move in the world...jews do not believe jesus was the messiah but they sure have played christians for their political power etc...

i am not talking about those laws...dietary laws were necessary for those times....

but for the sake of having nothing better to do...lets just to the nt...after jesus comes back from 40 days and 40 nights ...he declares ....he came only for the jews....

Yet, he received the Samaritan woman and the Centurion.

i simply contend the bible was written by jews for jews...nothing against jews....but they have pulled off the greatest pr move in the world...jews do not believe jesus was the messiah but they sure have played christians for their political power etc...

I don't know about any of that, but Paul's ministry was to the Gentiles.

this book...this book of contradictions.....this book that has many things that all ignore.....

this book that is literal when they want it to be...metaphoric when needed ....

1. It is not a sin to have money. HOWEVER, the money you have is a blessing. You should use it for your salvation and for the salvation of your neighbor. Befriend the stranger, feed the orphan, see to it that widows do not do without.

3. Gays are not the problem. Enemies of God are the problem. Don't confuse the two.

4. The church is your family, it is not your adversary. Quit sniveling about the money the church takes in, after all, you want the lights to be on, the heat and air conditioning to be working, and the candles on the altar to be lit. They don't give any of that stuff away.

5. Nobody cares if you have a drink. Drinking too much is the problem. Smoking cigarettes may not be a sin, but it sure is stupid.

6. Everybody screws up. Just pick yourself up and begin again. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

7. He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

8. Jesus made the way to God for you, and gives you the strength to accomplish all these things.

Re: no.4, I'd reason that if a church's net income or worth exceeds that of their parrishoners, it's crossed from 'okay' and into 'gluttony.' Churches should be 'not for profit' entities, perhaps even non-profit. I realize church grounds and all that costs money, but after expenses there shouldn't be much left, and that should be an ermergency fund for unforseen events that benefit the congregation. If the staff is making exoriant salaries and are multi-millionaires then something's wrong. Would go further and say no member of staff should make more than the average salary of the worshippers.

this book...this book of contradictions.....this book that has many things that all ignore.....

this book that is literal when they want it to be...metaphoric when needed ....

Literal when YOU want it to be is closer to it. I haven't met a non-believer who wasn't a literalist.

Re: no.4, I'd reason that if a church's net income or worth exceeds that of their parrishoners, it's crossed from 'okay' and into 'gluttony.' Churches should be 'not for profit' entities, perhaps even non-profit. I realize church grounds and all that costs money, but after expenses there shouldn't be much left, and that should be an ermergency fund for unforseen events that benefit the congregation. If the staff is making exoriant salaries and are multi-millionaires then something's wrong. Would go further and say no member of staff should make more than the average salary of the worshippers.

Tell you what, I will trade my weekly pay from the church for your weekly pay from your job.

Tell you what, I will trade my weekly pay from the church for your weekly pay from your job.

I don't work for money, I'm not a prostitute. I work for the benefit of my community. In return, they provide me with what I need to survive. Fortunately, I've never known wealth and conseuqently don't require it to be happy.

Forum List

Back