Five Minute Seminary

Re: no.4, I'd reason that if a church's net income or worth exceeds that of their parrishoners, it's crossed from 'okay' and into 'gluttony.' Churches should be 'not for profit' entities, perhaps even non-profit. I realize church grounds and all that costs money, but after expenses there shouldn't be much left, and that should be an ermergency fund for unforseen events that benefit the congregation. If the staff is making exoriant salaries and are multi-millionaires then something's wrong. Would go further and say no member of staff should make more than the average salary of the worshippers.

Tell you what, I will trade my weekly pay from the church for your weekly pay from your job.

I don't work for money, I'm not a prostitute. I work for the benefit of my community. In return, they provide me with what I need to survive. Fortunately, I've never known wealth and conseuqently don't require it to be happy.

Another bum, huh? This place is full of them.

We'll, Mr. Bum, you do it your way and I'll do it my way .

Tell you what, I will trade my weekly pay from the church for your weekly pay from your job.

I don't work for money, I'm not a prostitute. I work for the benefit of my community. In return, they provide me with what I need to survive. Fortunately, I've never known wealth and conseuqently don't require it to be happy.

o my o my...i had forgotten this thread......

judgmental much there?

you might want to know more about delta before you start calling him a bum.....

or anyone else for that matter

judgmental much there?

I probably wouldn't have if he hadn't passed judgment on the church and called people who work for a living "prostitutes".

P.S. - The rapture has never been taught by the (legitimate) church. It's bad theology, and anybody who teaches it probably has more bad theology up their sleeve.

We've had this debate before. You are a little late.

Why so judgmental? How do you know enough to judge? Your god didn't work at a job, did he?

Some guys wrote down their myths and stories and now people thump on those stories and brag that their god can beat up the next guy's god.

SSDD

judgmental much there?

I probably wouldn't have if he hadn't passed judgment on the church and called people who work for a living "prostitutes".

ahhhh so its gonna be...christian vs jew

or simply judgmental vs judgmental.....

now what does the bible say about confrontations of this sort....

Hmmm. I post a thread talking about taking care of widows and orphans, loving your fellow man, and about gays not being the problem, and who comes to trash it? Libs.

Why so judgmental? How do you know enough to judge? Your god didn't work at a job, did he?

As a matter of fact he was a woodworker, who later became a public speaker.

Why didn't you bitch about delta4's judgmentalism? Is it because being judgmental is okay when you agree with it?

Liberals are such hypocrites. In other news, water is still wet.

i thought you said christianity is what is in the bible? so it has nothing to do with what i want to hear or what you want to preach...

did jesus hate liberals? or was he one?

i thought you said christianity is what is in the bible? so it has nothing to do with what i want to hear or what you want to preach...

did jesus hate liberals? or was he one?

Jesus didn't/doesn't hate anybody, but he does have a problem with liars and hypocrites.

I say beware of people who say you can't.

hmmmm now you have just cross the line with me....to say that one must think they are the level of their god .....

That's not what I said.

God gave us this huge book so that we could know Him, why shouldn't we be able to know Him?

The Book...Clement do you know there are like four different versions of the 10
COMMANDMENTS in the Old Testament?

And when I say DIFFERENT versions, I am not kidding... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY different versions

So which best expresses the mind and heart of GOD?

And if something so DIRECT and to the point as the BIG TEN COMMANDMENTS isn't clearly written, then what is?

BTW I invite you to check just to make sure my Biblical scholarship is correct.

Go ahead, fellow believer...U invite you to make DAMNED SURE I am right.

I say beware of people who say you can't.

hmmmm now you have just cross the line with me....to say that one must think they are the level of their god .....

That's not what I said.

God gave us this huge book so that we could know Him, why shouldn't we be able to know Him?

And when I say DIFFERENT versions, I am not kidding... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY different versions

So which best expresses the mind and heart of G:cool:D?

And if something so DIRECT and to the point as the BIG TEN COMMANDMENTS isn't clearly written, then what is?

Go ahead, fellow believer...I invite you to make DAMNED SURE I am right.

Then you will know that you were wrong.

That's not what I said.

God gave us this huge boohhk so that we could know Him, why shouldn't we be able to know Him?

So which best expresses the mind and heart of G:cool:D?

Go ahead, fellow believer...I invite you to make DAMNED SURE I am right.

Then you will know that you were wrong.

What are you, a one verse wonder? The Bible is a really big book, there is more in it than the 10 commandments.

Hmmm. I post a thread talking about taking care of widows and orphans, loving your fellow man, and about gays not being the problem, and who comes to trash it? Libs.

Yeah, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Forum List

Back