Flag Display

indago

VIP Member
Oct 27, 2007
Town orders U.S. flags removed from fire trucks

"American flags were removed from three fire trucks in New York on Tuesday sparking heated discussion on social media and disappointment from union members."

article

It's not a federal fire department. If they are going to display a flag, maybe it should be their State flag, or their town flag, if they have one.

"American flags were removed from three fire trucks in New York on Tuesday sparking heated discussion on social media and disappointment from union members."

article

It's not a federal fire department. If they are going to display a flag, maybe it should be their State flag, or their town flag, if they have one.

Whether federal or state, it's got as much to do with putting out fires as the national anthem has to do with a baseball game.
I could certainly see a city/town logo. That makes sense. But it doesn't seem like a resident of Poughkeepsie is going to suddenly forget where he is...

"Oh shit, my house is on fire! I gotta call the fire department --- let's see, where are we, Nepal? Argentina?"

Whoever gives an order like this shouldn't even have the ability to. If they want to get rid of whatever flag they themselves have, that is their choice, but why should the rest of us have to join in if we don't want to? If someone handed me a liquor bottle and ordered me to drink whatever was in it, not only would I tell them "No thank you.", but I would also tell them that my saying "No" would only mean more booze for them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Whoever gives an order like this shouldn't even have the ability to. If they want to get rid of whatever flag they themselves have, that is their choice, but why should the rest of us have to join in if we don't want to? If someone handed me a liquor bottle and ordered me to drink whatever was in it, not only would I tell them "No thank you.", but I would also tell them that my saying "No" would only mean more booze for them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Good point. Philosophically, while the idea of the flag being there is mindless, as a Liberal I can't see forcing its removal by law. It should be simply laughed off the fire truck as damned silly, not forced by some authority. But, on the other hand, the town DOES own the fire trucks so it IS their call.

article

Another example of why liberals should not be allowed in positions of power.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Good point. Philosophically, while the idea of the flag being there is mindless, as a Liberal I can't see forcing its removal by law. It should be simply laughed off the fire truck as damned silly, not forced by some authority. But, on the other hand, the town DOES own the fire trucks so it IS their call.

Maybe your fucking house will burn down with you in it.

The mayor said it was an issue of liability, it looks like the city was afraid of the fire trucks coming under attack.

We must overcome nationality if the world is to survive

Certainly we must overcome fetishistic jingoism and mindless groupthink, that's fer sure.
Only in the minds of liberals can a display of American pride or patriotism be considered an illness.

Tell me, how many countries is it possible for Poughkeepsie to be a part of?
It must be quite a few if it's necessary to point out which country the crew coming to put your fires out comes from, must it not?

What the fuck does "patriotism" -- or jingoism or fetishism --- have to do with putting the fuck a fire out? How exactly does a flag help extinguish flames?

Hm?

While we're at it, can you tell us what the fuck a national anthem has to do with playing a baseball game?

Last edited:

article

Why?

article

Why?
Because your demand for safe spaces demand others to give up something in return

I think the flag goes overboard and could be a safety issue. If they want to put a big flag decal on the fire truck.....let em
If they want a big flag outside the firehouse...let em

But they don't need a full sized flag on the back of the truck. It interferes with firefighting

article

Why?
Because your demand for safe spaces demand others to give up something in return

My uh, "demand for safe spaces" huh?

Link?

The mayor said it was an issue of liability, it looks like the city was afraid of the fire trucks coming under attack.
What they obviously do not get is that they can still be under attack whether a flag is present or not. Our way of life here in the U.S. being the way that it has been all of this time is all that it takes for any terrorist to come after us.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Maybe you should move to Russia, Comrad.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Maybe you should move to Russia, Comrad.

Maybe you should bite my ass, Ignore-boi.
Either that or come up with a cogent thought.

article

Why?

Link?

Whelp................................................ guess not.

article

Why?

Link?

Whelp................................................ guess not.
Go hump someone else's leg faggot

Forum List

Back