🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Flashback:1994:Clinton “North Korea will freeze and then dismantle its nuclear program"

Every president has tried to keep NK from obtaining nukes. Clinton was no different.

If you want to be current, you need to understand just how difficult this has been. It's not any one president's fault. They've all failed.

Case in point. Diplomacy has been rendered moot. The reason for using it has passed. They have nukes, they have miniaturized nukes, and they are threatening other countries with them, including us! The time for speaking softly has passed, it is time to pick up the big stick.

Unfortunately Trump's hands are far too tiny for such a stick. He'll have to stick with the twitter threats.

How childish. Here I was thinking you were being serious.

Every president has tried to keep NK from obtaining nukes. Clinton was no different.

If you want to be current, you need to understand just how difficult this has been. It's not any one president's fault. They've all failed.

Case in point. Diplomacy has been rendered moot. The reason for using it has passed. They have nukes, they have miniaturized nukes, and they are threatening other countries with them, including us! The time for speaking softly has passed, it is time to pick up the big stick.

Unfortunately Trump's hands are far too tiny for such a stick. He'll have to stick with the twitter threats.

Yes, your "big stick" rhetoric is very mature and serious.

What does that even mean?

Oh woe unto you who is ignorant of history...

President Theodore Roosevelt coined the phrase in a letter to Henry L. Sprague on January 26, 1900.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."

It means be diplomatic if at all possible, but ready to do violence if the need arises.

President Theodore Roosevelt coined the phrase in a letter to Henry L. Sprague on January 26, 1900.

I know the origin of the phrase.
I don't however know what you are implying within the context of NK.

Surely you aren't being this dense on purpose?

Ever since 1994 when Clinton signed that farcical deal with Kim Jong Il's North Korea, they have continued on a path of nuclear proliferation. They haven't stopped or heeded the terms of the deal. Now they are testing nuclear weapons and launching intercontinental ballistic missiles into the sea, and are now threatening US territories with them. Talk is cheap. The time for diplomacy has ended, the time for a military solution is upon us.

Hence, the time for speaking softly is over, and it is now time to use the big stick.

Surely you aren't being this dense on purpose?

Ever since 1994 when Clinton signed that farcical deal with Kim Jong Il's North Korea, they have continued on a path of nuclear proliferation. They haven't stopped or heeded the terms of the deal. Now they are testing nuclear weapons and launching intercontinental ballistic missiles into the sea, and are now threatening US territories with them. Talk is cheap. The time for diplomacy has ended, the time for a military solution is upon us.

Hence, the time for speaking softly is over, and it is now time to use the big stick.

I gave you the link outlining the efforts of every president going back thirty years. To put this solely on Clinton is disingenuous at best. The world has known of and seen our military capabilities in action since this century began. The world is aware of our "big stick".

What is the military solution?

B.J. Clinton lied, and now we're at the brink of war because of it.

The Clintons may still destroy this country because of all the messes they created.

For simple idiots.....like you.......the simple "conclusion" is...........blame it all on the Clintons.....

Feel better now???.............LOL

B.J. Clinton lied, and now we're at the brink of war because of it.

The Clintons may still destroy this country because of all the messes they created.

For simple idiots.....like you.......the simple "conclusion" is...........blame it all on the Clintons.....

Feel better now???.............LOL

Who else/what else is there to blame it on? Clinton took it upon himself to negotiate with North Korea, the results of that "deal" are on full display as we speak.

I gave you the link outlining the efforts of every president going back thirty years. To put this solely on Clinton is disingenuous at best. The world has known of and seen our military capabilities in action since this century began. The world is aware of our "big stick".

And? Bill Clinton said North Korea agreed to dismantle its nuclear program under his so called deal. They clearly lied and Clinton was too naive to see it.

So, this is on Bill Clinton squarely. Sorry to burst your bubble.

And? Bill Clinton said North Korea agreed to dismantle its nuclear program under his so called deal. They clearly lied and Clinton was too naive to see it.

My link was too much for you I guess.
Small minds think small.

last century .. if youre going to waste board space try and stay current.

How is 23 years ago giving an enemy the tools to incinerate you today, not "current"?

1940's Nazis wanted to kill your Grandparents, does that mean Nazis are ok today?
They were also on their way to develop their own nuclear weapon. In my opinion, had The Nazis waited a 3-5 years to start WWII, and had Neville Chamberlain's Policy of Appeasement prevailed, a significant portion of Europe would be speaking German right now.

You couldn't burst a soap bubble.....

READ the original deal made by NK and not only the U.S. but China, Germany, Japan, etc.

THEN, read how in 2002-3 we reneged

Yup, he postponed it quite a bit. Then I think it was around 2003 that N. Korea kicked out inspectors and told the US they had the right to posess nuclear weapons, saying that the Bush administrations DPRK policy is what led them to start up again. Then they went into earnest on building them and in 2006 showed the world they were a nuclear power.

I can see where pointing out the failure of past admins to do the job they are required to do has led us to the place we now find ourselves.

I can see where pointing out the failure of past admins to do the job they are required to do has led us to the place we now find ourselves.

Agreed and it's been all presidents. Reagan turned a blind eye when N. Korea started mining for nuclear material and refining plutonium. Bush Sr let them start testing longer range missiles. Clinton tried to appease them. GWB gave them oil as they kicked out UN inspectors and let them become a nuclear power. Obama let them start testing true intercontinental missiles. Trump has let them in the past 6 months test more long range missiles than in the past 10 years. It takes a combined effort.

Agreed and it's been all presidents. Reagan turned a blind eye when N. Korea started mining for nuclear material and refining plutonium. Bush Sr let them start testing longer range missiles. Clinton tried to appease them. GWB gave them oil as they kicked out UN inspectors and let them become a nuclear power. Obama let them start testing true intercontinental missiles. Trump has let them in the past 6 months test more long range missiles than in the past 10 years. It takes a combined effort.
Looks to me like Trump is the only one that has /is trying to stop it. As far as letting them fire missiles, how could one effectively stop them if they refuse?

Forum List

Back