Florida cop caught body-slamming 13-year-old boy is charged with child abuse

Thank heavens for the officers.

Parents, tell your children that if they are fucking off and the cop says stop, and they ignore him, he will do a laying on of hands. Capiche?

That ain't the way the world's supposed to work. That's Authoritaristan. To hell with that place.
Supposed to work? Where could I find this supposition? Where did it come from?
The world works just fine. And is pretty much indifferent to the emotional responses of its denizens. Expectation is the problem here...

The world doesn't work by "do as I say or I'll kick your ass". That's never worked in any kind of productive way at all. It's authoritarian horseshit.
Yes, the world works on authority and good manners. Tough to be you, Pogo, innit.

"Authority" is just fine. It's needed. "Picking people up and slamming them around" ----- not so much. That's not so much "good manners" as "subhuman". What do you suppose it teaches the kid on the receiving end (who btw was injured in that assault)?

-- it teaches him that the way to address the world is by aggression, that's what. Violence perpetuates violence. Ask any spouse or child abuser about his own past.

Just watched the video. It was a perfect textbook arm bar takedown...as taught nationally by PPCT to law enforcement and military.

If the public doesn't want the textbook applied to their brat teens....DONT call cops.

They aren't guidance counselors.

And every police chief or sheriff who wants his guys to be fucking baby sitters or counselors....needs to resign.

Parents, tell your children that if they are fucking off and the cop says stop, and they ignore him, he will do a laying on of hands. Capiche?

That ain't the way the world's supposed to work. That's Authoritaristan. To hell with that place.
The world works just fine. And is pretty much indifferent to the emotional responses of its denizens. Expectation is the problem here...

The world doesn't work by "do as I say or I'll kick your ass". That's never worked in any kind of productive way at all. It's authoritarian horseshit.
Yes, the world works on authority and good manners. Tough to be you, Pogo, innit.

"Authority" is just fine. It's needed. "Picking people up and slamming them around" ----- not so much. That's not so much "good manners" as "subhuman". What do you suppose it teaches the kid on the receiving end (who btw was injured in that assault)?

-- it teaches him that the way to address the world is by aggression, that's what. Violence perpetuates violence. Ask any spouse or child abuser about his own past.

Government enforces rules. Usually it's by cooperation. Enforcer notifies violator....violated accepts warning or enforcement action.

Some resist. And don't cooperate. Government uses force then. It's how the world works.

You libs....for decades...have granted more power to the government.

Don't want the government enforcing upon teens? Stop calling cops.

Government enforces rules. Usually it's by cooperation. Enforcer notifies violator....violated accepts warning or enforcement action.

Some resist. And don't cooperate. Government uses force then. It's how the world works.

"Stop"? :rofl:

I learnt that decades ago.

No, your way teaches a child that he does not have to respond immediately to police involvement. A child's refusal to obey police direction is abuse of how society is organized for the safety of all of us.

Some conservatives and most libertarians are in agreement that they don't have to obey the cops if they disagree with the cops. How stupid.

Just watched the video. It was a perfect textbook arm bar takedown...as taught nationally by PPCT to law enforcement and military.

If the public doesn't want the textbook applied to their brat teens....DONT call cops.

They aren't guidance counselors.

And every police chief or sheriff who wants his guys to be fucking baby sitters or counselors....needs to resign.
Another solution is to have a cop there but told not to intervene in anything short of a school shooting. Cops have put way too much time and effort to launch their career to lose their job over some chimp brat and their cowardly boss that throws them under the bus to appease the negroes so they won't riot.

No, your way teaches a child that he does not have to respond immediately to police involvement. A child's refusal to obey police direction is abuse of how society is organized for the safety of all of us.

There is no audio in that video. We don't know there even WAS any "direction". But we can see who the aggressor was, and that's why he lost is job and got sued.

There's just no damn excuse for that. The cops aren't some kind of paramilitary occupying force put there to conquer the populace. Lot of them think they are but they ain't. And we can't let 'em get away with it. It's been going on way too long.

The boy was causing problems, the cop put an end to it.

You, Pogo, must have had a bad experience with the authorities. You were acting up and out, and you got put in your place. Tell us about it.

You, Pogo, must have had a bad experience with the authorities. You were acting up and out, and you got put in your place. Tell us about it.

I've never had an experience like that, no. I'm not an "act up" type. Never have been.

I have had several occasions of harassment, including one where I was threatened, handcuffed and nearly killed, but all I was doing in that case was walking home from work. I just happened to be the nearest warm body available, which is all it takes for these goons that think they're acting out some damn TV show. So I have some personal familiarity with this sort of excess. And like this case, they jumped me.

Again as already noted, we have no audio and we don't know what the "problems" might have been. There does seem to have been some kind of argument. But the cop is the party who instigated the action and the assault, and that's why he got fired and sued.

I've never had an experience like that, no. I'm not an "act up" type. Never have been.

I have had several occasions of harassment, including one where I was threatened, handcuffed and nearly killed, but all I was doing in that case was walking home from work. I just happened to be the nearest warm body available, which is all it takes for these goons that think they're acting out some damn TV show. So I have some personal familiarity with this sort of excess.

Again as already noted, we have no audio and we don't know what the "problems" might have been. There does seem to have been some kind of argument. But the cop is the party who instigated the action and the assault, and that's why he got fired and sued.
Cops are paid to go into "action" on behalf of the municipality they serve. How is a cop going to arrest a suspect without touching them?

I'm fine with keeping the cops out of the schools.

So long as there are armed parents on hand to kill mass murderers when they show up.

I have had several occasions of harassment, including one where I was threatened, handcuffed and nearly killed, but all I was doing in that case was walking home from work. I just happened to be the nearest warm body available, which is all it takes for these goons that think they're acting out some damn TV show. So I have some personal familiarity with this sort of excess.

Cops are paid to go into "action" on behalf of the municipality they serve. How is a cop going to arrest a suspect without touching them?

Neither I, nor the kid in this video, was a "suspect". Nor was there any kind of physical altercation going on until the cops started it.

Did you watch the video? Take note of who initiates the action.

Our children's school has armed officers and I sleep better knowing that.
Wow! What fear you must live in.
I wonder what happens if one of those "armed officers" goes postal. And what kind of training these "armed officers" have gotten or are they glorified mall cops. Some school districts and especially private schools are known for getting security on the cheap.

Last edited:
Our children's school has armed officers and I sleep better knowing that.
Wow! What fear you must live in.
I wonder what happens if one of those "armed officers" goes postal. And what kind of training these "armed officers" have gotten or are they glorified mall cops. Some school districts and especially private schools are known for getting security on the cheap.
I know the ones at the schools around here are real cops. Kids are pretty quick at figuring out if its a rent-a-cop or not.

Pogo, I am glad you were not a trouble maker. Yes, there are bad authority figures, but defiance at the moment is stupid. Comply and take up with the proper authorities.

But any child or adult who is asked to comply with rules says "no" and does not comply is ipso facto a trouble maker and is fair game for the force of the law. Almost all of the time the defier is going to loser, and as we have seen, sometimes loses all the way and is no more.

Forum List

Back