Florida GOP Wants a WAR With Disney - Attempting to Remove the Rights they've had since 1967

This might have been stated already but isn’t it ironic to see the Left losing their shit over a corporation losing autonomy and tax breaks? These are the same people that get pissed off over Amazon getting tax breaks to locate in a town or city.

Well, there is only one thing left for Disney to do…. shut down Disney World in Florida. Pack up and move. Universal would love it.

Question for you stupid uneducated Moon Bats.

In both the Florida House and Senate all the Democrats voted against cancelling Disney special privilege.

Why would they be in favor of giving Disney special corporate breaks? Breaks that essentially deny the citizens Orange and Osceola access to Disney property taxes and allows Disney to destroy the environment, threaten wildlife and use tremendous amounts of water and not be held accountable?

This might have been stated already but isn’t it ironic to see the Left losing their shit over a corporation losing autonomy and tax breaks? These are the same people that get pissed off over Amazon getting tax breaks to locate in a town or city.

Well, there is only one thing left for Disney to do…. shut down Disney World in Florida. Pack up and move. Universal would love it.
I'm sure a conglomerate tied to another conglomerate would just love that.

In both the Florida House and Senate all the Democrats voted against cancelling Disney special privilege.

Why would they be in favor of giving Disney special corporate breaks? Breaks that essentially deny the citizens Orange and Osceola access to Disney property taxes and allows Disney to destroy the environment, threaten wildlife and use tremendous amounts of water and not be held accountable?
I guess the key to getting Democrat support for “corporate welfare” as Liberals like to call it, is to promote radical social agendas and political correctness/wokeness.

How much economic impact has Disney produced with the Reedy Creek curve out?

Florida GOP lawmakers are seeking to punish Disney by revoking the self-governing charter they’ve had since 1967. Disney has it’s own police, fire, and building codes.

GOPers are MAD that Disney does not support the Don't Say Gay Bill. Disney is one of the LARGEST companies on the planet - this is an unwise war by the GOP, but then again...

Well...nevermind...

The plan is to pass this so they can gin up the "base."
Then next year, repeal.

BUT, and what I'm hoping happens...

If Disney says "No, Thanks" to getting back Reedy?

Orange and Osceola counties will get saddled with a Billion+ in debt
In addition to pickup up hundreds of Reedy employees.
PLUS the requirement to maintain roads and infrastructure Disney now cares for.

HUGE property tax increases

Bet those GOP types will love that!

If I go to either Orange or Osceola and buy a large piece of poverty and start a business then I will be assessed property taxes. I also have to adhere to water management district rules. I also have to get building permits if I put up a structure. Why shouldn't that apply to Dusney?
How much economic impact has Disney produced with the Reedy Creek curve out?
Why does that make a difference?

If I go to either Orange or Osceola and buy a large piece of property and start a business then I will be assessed property taxes. I also have to adhere to water management district rules. I also have to get building permits if I put up a structure. Why shouldn't that apply to Disney?

Why in the world should Disneyworld Fla. have a "self governing charter? Are there any other "self governing charters" in the U.S>?
Disney is
The reason unemployment is low in florida
The reason there's no state income tax in florida
The reason property taxes are relatively low in florida

There's your why.

The plan is to pass this so they can gin up the "base."
Then next year, repeal.

BUT, and what I'm hoping happens...

If Disney says "No, Thanks" to getting back Reedy?

Orange and Osceola counties will get saddled with a Billion+ in debt
In addition to pickup up hundreds of Reedy employees.
PLUS the requirement to maintain roads and infrastructure Disney now cares for.

HUGE property tax increases

Bet those GOP types will love that!
Just fucking great ...Now I gotta hate Disney and De Santis. I don't have a Neverending hate well you know... Shit now I gotta drink a beer and calm down

I do not see why they have special carve outs in the first place.

Somewhat of a double standard. I want my own building codes...
Really don't know what that area was like before disney do you?
Basically, orange groves, swamp, and forest.
Disney employs 77k people in florida.
Add the hotels, restaurants, and other attractions that wouldn't exist but for disney and you're looking at another 150k workers.

The governor of OK is trying to give some company 1 billion in tax breaks to move there.
Happens all the time.

Oh, and did you know that the governor who bought all this about was a Conservative republican.

A little education
You're welcome.

And? As an Islamist you must find it abhorrent and believe all those people should be exterminated. Correct?
Why would you say such an ugly thing? Are you so damned dumb that you think anyone who knows a little bit about Islam is a Muslim??

Forum List

Back