Florida GOP Wants a WAR With Disney - Attempting to Remove the Rights they've had since 1967

Florida GOP lawmakers are seeking to punish Disney by revoking the self-governing charter they’ve had since 1967. Disney has it’s own police, fire, and building codes.

GOPers are MAD that Disney does not support the Don't Say Gay Bill. Disney is one of the LARGEST companies on the planet - this is an unwise war by the GOP, but then again...

Well...nevermind...

AOC and Amazon! She chased them away! She lost jobs for the locals!

This, of course, is different, somehow.

AOC and Amazon! She chased them away! She lost jobs for the locals!

This, of course, is different, somehow.
Fundamentally, yes.

Agree or disagree with the move, they can't chase Disney resorts away, they are stuck there.

Again, remove all corporate welfare and eliminate all the problems.

Of course the issue is everyone in Congress has their pet corporate buddies.

Fundamentally, yes.

Agree or disagree with the move, they can't chase Disney resorts away, they are stuck there.

You think that Disney can't create a new theme park in, say, liberaltopia Maryland, just outside of liberaltopia DC? I realize that it's not as simple as tossing everything into a big box and sending it UPS. But what makes Disney unique to other companies who allegedly might pick up and move their headquarters and/or operations because of taxes, labor laws, or whatever else excuse is thrown about?

You think that Disney can't create a new theme park in, say, liberaltopia Maryland, just outside of liberaltopia DC? I realize that it's not as simple as tossing everything into a big box and sending it UPS. But what makes Disney unique to other companies who allegedly might pick up and move their headquarters and/or operations because of taxes, labor laws, or whatever else excuse is thrown about?
They can create a new theme park but do they want to leave Florida? When people vacation are they going to want to go to Maryland or Florida? You want to go in the winter to a theme park in Florida or Maryland?

Disney is stuck there just as Florida is stuck with Disney.

A law that is 50 years old probably needs to be looked at again and possibly change.

The billions and billions and billions that would require.

They cannot pack up anything, it would essentially need to be built from scratch.

Do you seriously think that such is possible. And are you actually going to state that not having their own police force present on Disney site will spur them to do as such?

Moving a HQ is exceptionally easy in today's world. Almost everything that makes up a HQ is digital or legal. There are almost no actual hard assets and those very few things that are, such as office space, are widely available and easily traded. The only real asset involved is PEOPLE.

Almost everything that makes a theme park is the exact opposite. ALL of it is in hard assets almost all of which are impossible to move and are absolutely worthless on the open market. This is doubly so when you include IP issues.

And finally, there was never a contention with moving Amazon's HQ away, it was never there in the first place. So it cost, quite literally, zero go elsewhere.

They can create a new theme park but do they want to leave Florida? When people vacation are they going to want to go to Maryland or Florida? You want to go in the winter to a theme park in Florida or Maryland?

Okay, I hear what you're saying. But if society is going to continue segregating itself based on politics, then the hippy liberal Disney fans will prefer to go to Maryland. So Republicans still ought to be weighing the effects of driving Disney away, if they ever meant anything by their previous rhetoric.

Okay, I hear what you're saying. But if society is going to continue segregating itself based on politics, then the hippy liberal Disney fans will prefer to go to Maryland. So Republicans still ought to be weighing the effects of driving Disney away, if they ever meant anything by their previous rhetoric.
Except there will be no Maryland Disney.

It will be in Florida as it is not moving for any reason whatsoever short of AGW putting it underwater.

I doubt it would ever happen, you aren't going to drive Disney away, they have as much invested in Florida as Florida has invested in them. Disney helped create the tourism in Florida based around theme parks, they wouldn't leave a huge tourist area and lose billions in profits, so they have tied themselves pretty tight with Florida.

No, they can't. Do you know why Disney opened its resorts in southern California and Florida in the first place? It's called "weather". One does not make a profit on a huge, expensive theme park that one has to close down for six months of every year due to snow and rain. California and Florida have mild, temperate climates all year round.

Furthermore, shutting down Disneyworld, with all its decades of VERY expensive building and development and going off to build a whole new expensive theme park somewhere else, just because *sob,sob* they have to abide by the same legal strictures as every other corporation would be the stupidest business decision in the history of ever.

Bottom line, I think the state of Florida can withstand the hit a lot better than Disney can.

Florida GOP lawmakers are seeking to punish Disney by revoking the self-governing charter they’ve had since 1967. Disney has it’s own police, fire, and building codes.

GOPers are MAD that Disney does not support the Don't Say Gay Bill. Disney is one of the LARGEST companies on the planet - this is an unwise war by the GOP, but then again...

Well...nevermind...

You're a corporate whore.

When Florida is nothing but swamp and submerged cities who cares about civil rights?

Idiot, the average height of Florida is only 6 feet above sea level--- it has always been nothing but swamp overlaying porous sandstone caverns draining into the Atlantic.

Where in the bill does it say you can’t say “gay”?
You can blame the lying liberal media for the label Don’t say gay and the brainwashed democrat sheeple that believed it.

Leftists can "prefer" any damned thing they want politically. The reality remains that Disney can't operate one of their huge, lavish theme parks in a state like Maryland. Maryland gets precipitation 114 days out of the year. They average 202 sunny days per year; the US average is 205. They get snow all winter.

And that's aside from the fact that they're actively seeking to alienate the vast majority of their customer base, ie. parents.

So no, Florida doesn't need to "weigh the effects of driving Disney away" and worry about how they can possibly kiss The Mouse's ass to stay in their good graces. Disney needs to weigh the effects of driving away their customers, mangling their reputation, and pissing Florida off even further.

Well...nevermind...

Disney seems hell bent on supporting pedophiles--the state needs to go in there and see what is going on.

No, I definitely hate corporations…

I just hate the GOP worse.

Think of it kinda like corporations are Stalin, but the GOP is Hitler

Figures you'd be too piss-stupid to know that Stalin killed far more people than Hitler did. I give you the results of modern public education, folks! :clap2:

Forum List

Back