🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida high school students stage second amendment support walkout

No you haven't. Not at all. Not even close. Not one word.

From ABC News, January 25th, 2013:
'Hot' Guns Fueling Crime, US Study Says
An estimated 230,000 guns per year are stolen in home burglaries and property crimes, according to a study by the Department of Justice.

I've done the research, it's you who lacks any research skills.

Here's the derps problem.

He thinks getting rid of legal ownership will somehow limit those with criminal intent from getting guns.

Do you realize Derp (and god that is an incredibly appropriate name), that there actually are manufacturers outside the united states? and that criminals really don't care if they follow import/export laws. And you do know that just about any highly trained machinist can make a really good gun. Hell, soon you'll be able to 3D print a reasonably lethal gun.

Give it a rest boy, my ribs are aching from the laughter you're providing.
The 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries and 33,636 deaths would certain be reduced substantially by limiting the availability of firearms. The drug cartels, career criminals, and deranged mass murders would certainly find ways to arm themselves. However these people are not responsible for most of the gun violence.

The 22,000 suicide victims, the accidents and the shootings in fits of rage or under emotional stress would certainly be reduced considerable with less firearms.

No matter what this nation does with gun laws, people will still get shot, but it can certainly be reduced significantly if the nation is willing to restrict the availability of guns.

Ban anything and you reduce their risks. So?

Ban cars, or reduce their top speed to 20 and you reduce deaths to nearly zero.

The point is, a murderous animal doesn’t care what the tool is, they simply want to kill. And there are far more effective ways to kill then an AR.
The most appropriate gun depends on the target and location.

In general, guns are very effective ways to kill. That's what they are designed to do. They are easily available, relatively easy to use, and don't require the skills of knife fighting, marital arts, or bomb making. The gun is the perfect weapon for the weak of body and mind and the coward. It is the perfect weapon for killing unarmed children and adults from close up to far away.

Cowards?

Ok, your wife is attacked by three men who want to rape her.

I’m sure she’d appreciate the fact you think she was a coward for drawing her gun.

Yes, we are cowards for wanting to defend our own families. Flopper is a hero who would call the cops and plead for them to come direct traffic. Come fast! There's a real snarl up where his family is being murdered!

Pete7469
My freedom in no way allows people to commit MURDER. In fact my freedom prevents murder from happening where and when I am able to prevent it. I carry in order to promote my own safety and those in my immediate surroundings.
No, you owning a gun doesn't equate to murder. Most of the people I know own guns and it doesn't bother me at all because they are responsible, sane people. I have listened to all the arguments and it has caused me to move from my original position of wanting this country to go "full Australia."
It doesn't interfere with your freedom in any way if AR type weapons and large capacity magazines are banned. There are plenty of other guns to own and use for your purposes.
The gun supporters are correct that we need to figure out why our culture is so violent and what to do about it. It is, absolutely, the PEOPLE using the gun that are the primary problem.
When gun supporters resist getting guns from the hands of people who are exhibiting violent behavior or are mentally unbalanced, it does not help. Neither does resisting better background checks. None of those things take away anyone's freedom except people who clearly should not have a gun in their possession.

Thank you for your kind words and your patience, too.
one issue to consider is that even if we make AR15s only hold 10 rounds, matching or equaling many sporting rifles, they have speed loaders. they're plastic pieces that hold 10 rounds and are designed to put into the gun and simply "push" - and the gun is reloaded.

better background checks - 100% with you on that one. this has proven time and again to be a point of failure in our current system.
AR type weapons is pretty broad and vague and again, not even the most popular gun used in these but it's a target because of how it looks, not how it functions.

and most responsible gun owners would work with you to target the insane people that abuse guns and make their own enjoyment of valid use of these guns impossible.
I disagree with you that the AR is a target because of how it looks, not how it functions. That is a myth you folks are using to console yourselves, but it isn't true. It functions in the way it was designed--to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible. That is why it is the favorite with mass shooters.

Works great on wild hogs too. Anything can be misused and in this case, as I've shown you, they are misused far less than others that have had just as deadly results. You have much better odds of winning the Mega Millions Lottery than being shot by any rifle.

And thank goodness for that. The 345 people last year who bought that winning ticket aren't really that impressed with your stats though.

Yeah, kind of like the 400,000 that went to the wrong doctor. Everything has it's price, thank goodness the cost for rifles is so low. And we both know that 345 wasn't deaths from rifles.

Glad to hear about your support of rapists, but you are going on ignore now until you grow up

Rapists armed with guns stolen from people just like you.

seabass with lasers on their heads!

Every single "illegal gun" starts off as a gun legally purchased by a "responsible gun owner". Then the "responsible gun owner" makes the choice to bring that gun into their home, where it is a target for thieves. So why are you advocating increasing the supply of guns for thieves to steal? Because you can't defend yourself without a gun. Which means you're either incredibly weak, lazy, or a criminal yourself.

So you're claiming there are no guns smuggled into the US, prove it.

There are situations where you do. Sorry, not all people are good.

If not all people are good, why do you want to let all people buy guns?

Also, there is no situation where a gun is the only thing you can use to defend yourself.

However, there are many when a gun is the best thing. What's your weapon of choice for when 3 illegals kick your door in to rob and rape you and your wife?

He'd bend over as say do me first.

There are situations where you do. Sorry, not all people are good.

If not all people are good, why do you want to let all people buy guns?

Also, there is no situation where a gun is the only thing you can use to defend yourself.

However, there are many when a gun is the best thing. What's your weapon of choice for when 3 illegals kick your door in to rob and rape you and your wife?

He'd bend over as say do me first.

Not something I figured on. :uhoh3:

I wish you wouldn't write such things. I wish you knew more about what the issue is and instead of wanting to limit my rights when I have done nothing wrong, you really were devoted to dealing with everyone's rights and our safety in a meaningful way. But, in answer to your question, I did read your post.
If you had read my post, you would realize I am not trying "to leave (you) powerless when a criminal will just ignore the law..."

My freedoms does NOT let murderous folk own guns. That is THEIR freedom and can be adjudicated away from them if they are truly murderous. When you want to limit my freedom because of something someone else might do, you are trying to leave me powerless when a criminal will just ignore the law." I realize you're trying, but the lipstick does not change the pig into a horse.
Why are you powerless if you still have your guns except for the AR-type rifles?

Because it's not just the AR-type rifles that are being targeted, as you should know. Sachs: Ban semiautomatic assault weapons and save lives - CNN
Well, apparently there were about 200 types of guns banned the last time. People seemed to get along just fine, though. Based on what Iceberg has said, I guess it shouldn't surprise me.

That did exactly nothing. Owait, it boosted SKS sales, yay China.

I wish you wouldn't write such things. I wish you knew more about what the issue is and instead of wanting to limit my rights when I have done nothing wrong

1. Just because you've done nothing wrong so far, doesn't mean you won't later on; and there's no way to tell if you will.

2. Your gun ownership isn't a "need", but a "want".

3. By merely taking a gun into your home, you are adding to the supply of guns from which criminals steal.

you really were devoted to dealing with everyone's rights and our safety in a meaningful way. But, in answer to your question, I did read your post.

There is no such thing as "gun safety" because guns are inherently unsafe; their function is unsafe, their design is unsafe. They're unsafe to use, unsafe to store, and unsafe to own. Their sole function, maiming and killing, are inherently unsafe functions. The sole reason you want a gun is because you want it, not that you need it, not that you're entitled to it, just that you want it.

Repeating the same shit over and over isn't debating, where are your links? Your opinion is worthless.

I wish you wouldn't write such things. I wish you knew more about what the issue is and instead of wanting to limit my rights when I have done nothing wrong

1. Just because you've done nothing wrong so far, doesn't mean you won't later on; and there's no way to tell if you will.

3. By merely taking a gun into your home, you are adding to the supply of guns from which criminals steal.

you really were devoted to dealing with everyone's rights and our safety in a meaningful way. But, in answer to your question, I did read your post.

There is no such thing as "gun safety" because guns are inherently unsafe; their function is unsafe, their design is unsafe. They're unsafe to use, unsafe to store, and unsafe to own. Their sole function, maiming and killing, are inherently unsafe functions. The sole reason you want a gun is because you want it, not that you need it, not that you're entitled to it, just that you want it.

Wrong! It's a right to self-defense guaranteed by the 2nd amendment.

You getting around me is unsafe, because I'd bitchslap you. :shutupsmiley:

banning the next feature as you discover it is not moderate. it's very liberal and very gun grabbing.

you don't make it easy when you say things like "weapon of choice" and can't / won't back it up. so don't act like this is all on me for why we're having difficulty talking over this. i'm open to your views that you back up and show support for. i'm not open to "weapon of choice" when i know better.
You've convinced me, then. Ban 'em all.
so - you can't back up your statement you call fact that the AR15 is the weapon of choice?
What was used in San Bernardino? Pulse? Vegas? Parkland?
Answer me.
so now we are cherry picking?

all i said was the handgun was used in many more shootings than the AR so you pick AR shootings and NOT the handgun ones.

then you wonder why this is so fucking difficult to talk about with you.
No, I'm not cherry picking. Those are the last four I remember. If there were others -- oh yeah the church shooting. Sorry. What gun did he use?
So help me out here and answer the question.

A similar gun to the one used to stop him. Next.

Repeating the same shit over and over isn't debating, where are your links? Your opinion is worthless.

If you hadn't responded to him, I'd never have known he was trying to communicate with me. But, I am sad to learn that my weapons are defective. They've never killed, hurt or maimed anyone. I guess I need to take them into the shop and find out what's wrong with them.

and pretty sure derpdick is just as "not open" to anything that would result in people being able to keep their guns so that's just damn funny right there.

You're damn right. I am not open to anything that would allow you mentally deranged people, who want an excuse to shoot and kill but are too chickenshit or unfit to serve in the military, to own guns.

If a gun is the only thing you can use to defend yourself, then you're just inherently a weak person.

Tell me something, is it "responsible gun ownership" to use a gun half-drunk or half-asleep?

Hey fuck face, I'm retired military, there goes that theory. LMAO

It is those fools who are forcing moderates to attack the NRA and its policies, and those who echo their policies and continue to deny the 2nd is too important and too valuable to be interfered with.

It's precisely because of this reason why I now support only a permanent ban on gun ownership.

I don't!

I support each state the right to license anyone who wants to own, possess or have in their custody and control a firearm A license which can with due process be suspended or revoked by the State Court, for reasons established by the State Legislature.

I also support all guns be registered with the State's Dept. of Justice, and any transfer of a gun require the seller and buyer to be legally able to complete such a contract of sale.

Both of these regulations ought to be left up to the residents of the State to decide the issue.

The devil is in the details, and would and should be decided by We the People of each state, and the leaders we elect; not the NRA!

As soon as you can require a criminal to do all that get back to me. Of course you only need overturn existing supreme court precedent to do it. Feel free to give it a try.

When's the last time you killed a wild boar or gator, faggot? I bet you live in a "flat" in either UK or Russia.

First of all, why the hell would I kill either a wild boar or a gator?

Secondly, I've reported you for abusive language.

Thirdly, unlike you, I don't have to posture and play make-believe about my own personal circumstances in order to lend my argument credibility.

Finally, Russia? You're the one with the suspicious profile and broken English. Are you projecting here?

As for snakes, I've killed them with a potato rake and a shovel.

Great! So you don't need a gun then.

AA pack of wild dogs or boar is a different story.

Not really. A bow works just as well as a gun. An airhorn can be blown to scare wild dogs away (dogs don't like loud noises). You just don't know how to handle yourself around wild animals, it seems. That's because you're lazy AF.
You can report people for abusive language?

You can report anything you want, doesn't mean anything will happen.

When's the last time you killed a wild boar or gator, faggot? I bet you live in a "flat" in either UK or Russia.

Thirdly, unlike you, I don't have to posture and play make-believe about my own personal circumstances in order to lend my argument credibility.

Finally, Russia? You're the one with the suspicious profile and broken English. Are you projecting here?

Not really. A bow works just as well as a gun. An airhorn can be blown to scare wild dogs away (dogs don't like loud noises). You just don't know how to handle yourself around wild animals, it seems. That's because you're lazy AF.

Yup. He used the word "fa**ot", which is an abusive slur and one that results in a ban because it's derogatory.

Tissue?

They have a national policy in Norway and France. How did that work out for them?

Perfectly fine. Both countries have a fraction of the gun deaths we have here.

Every single gun that is in the hands of criminals was supplied by "responsible gun owners".

You people cannot even keep track of your own weapons, which is proof enough for me to be convinced none of you should have them.

Actually per capita they have more mass shooting deaths than the US. But let's not little things like facts get in the way of good propaganda, right?

I've already addressed that

No you haven't. Not at all. Not even close. Not one word.

From ABC News, January 25th, 2013:
'Hot' Guns Fueling Crime, US Study Says
An estimated 230,000 guns per year are stolen in home burglaries and property crimes, according to a study by the Department of Justice.

This is your argument and you've produced so far zero links. It's your time to do some research to back up your argument, boy chick

I've done the research, it's you who lacks any research skills.

He thinks getting rid of legal ownership will somehow limit those with criminal intent from getting guns.

Do you realize Derp (and god that is an incredibly appropriate name), that there actually are manufacturers outside the united states? and that criminals really don't care if they follow import/export laws. And you do know that just about any highly trained machinist can make a really good gun. Hell, soon you'll be able to 3D print a reasonably lethal gun.

The 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries and 33,636 deaths would certain be reduced substantially by limiting the availability of firearms. The drug cartels, career criminals, and deranged mass murders would certainly find ways to arm themselves. However these people are not responsible for most of the gun violence.

The 22,000 suicide victims, the accidents and the shootings in fits of rage or under emotional stress would certainly be reduced considerable with less firearms.

No matter what this nation does with gun laws, people will still get shot, but it can certainly be reduced significantly if the nation is willing to restrict the availability of guns.

NAZI Germany , 6,000,000 Individuals gassed and incinerated by their duly elected government:

Warsaw_Jews_1940_-_50994.jpg

FUCK YOU

Hitler had never won an election. He lost the 1932 presidential election. Became chancellery then ceased power after the burning of the Reichstag. Hitler banned all parties other than the Nazi Party. Thus there were no free elections till after the WWII. There was no duly elected government in Nazi Germany.

Last edited:

Ban anything and you reduce their risks. So?

Ban cars, or reduce their top speed to 20 and you reduce deaths to nearly zero.

The point is, a murderous animal doesn’t care what the tool is, they simply want to kill. And there are far more effective ways to kill then an AR.
The most appropriate gun depends on the target and location.

In general, guns are very effective ways to kill. That's what they are designed to do. They are easily available, relatively easy to use, and don't require the skills of knife fighting, marital arts, or bomb making. The gun is the perfect weapon for the weak of body and mind and the coward. It is the perfect weapon for killing unarmed children and adults from close up to far away.

Cowards?

Ok, your wife is attacked by three men who want to rape her.

I’m sure she’d appreciate the fact you think she was a coward for drawing her gun.

Yes, we are cowards for wanting to defend our own families. Flopper is a hero who would call the cops and plead for them to come direct traffic. Come fast! There's a real snarl up where his family is being murdered!
American gun owners are far more likely to injure themselves or someone else with their firearm than to stop a criminal. Even attempting to defend themselves or their family is rare. Purchasing a gun may help enrich the firearms industry, but the facts show it is unlikely to increase your personal safety. In fact, in a nation of more than 300 million firearms, it is striking how rarely guns are used in self-defense.

Using Guns In Self-Defense Is Rare, Study Finds | HuffPost

I'm not sure where this theory is coming from. I've known plenty of teens and young adults on ADHD and antidepressant medication and they weren't homicidal at all. Sometimes doctors attempt to medicate severe behavior problems that should probably be institutionalized for awhile, and maybe that makes it seem that people on medication go nuts. But I think it's more likely that the "nuts" just won out in those cases.

No ones making it up:

Antidepressants Are a Prescription for Mass Shootings – Citizens Commission on Human Rights, CCHR

From the link:

Subsequently, mass shootings and other violent incidents started to be reported. More often than not, the common denominator was that the shooters were on an antidepressant, or withdrawing from one. This is not about an isolated incident or two but numerous shootings. The question is, during the past twenty years is the use of antidepressants here a coincidence or a causation?

There have been too many mass shootings for it just to be a coincidence. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed twelve students and a teacher at Columbine High School. Eric was on Luvox, an antidepressant. The Virginia Tech shooter killed thirty-two people and he was on an antidepressant. While withdrawing from Prozac, Kip Kinkel murdered his mother and stepmother. He then shot twenty-two classmates and killed two. Jason Hoffman wounded five at his high school while he was on Effexor, also an antidepressant. James Holmes opened fire in a Colorado movie theater this past summer and killed twelve people and wounded fifty-eight. He was under the care of a psychiatrist but no information has been released as to what drug he must have been on.

Psychiatrists generally will tell you that these people were mentally ill and they weren’t treated in time or didn’t get enough help to prevent the tragedy. However, Dr. Peter Breggin, who is a psychiatrist, stated that depression rarely leads to violence and that it’s only since the SSRI’s came on the market that such mass shootings have taken place.

In a study of thirty-one drugs that are disproportionately linked to reports of violence toward others, five of the top ten are antidepressants. These are Prozac, Paxil, Luvox, Effexor and Pristiq. Two other drugs that are for treating ADHD are also in the top ten which means these are being given to children who could then become violent. One could conclude from this study alone that antidepressants cause both suicidal thoughts and violent behavior. This is a prescription for mass shootings.

No one can talk their way out of explaining how a person who is previously non-violent and given antidepressants suddenly becomes violent or suicidal. There are multiple cases of children who have committed suicide days after starting to take an antidepressant. In a YouTube video, various parents tell their story about what the antidepressants did to their kids.

My Son came to live with us when he was 15. He was on ADHA meds and was a complete basket case. Angry was not even close to the word anyone would use. Our Doctor weened him from them and within months he became a model young man.

I actually could have seen him go off half cocked one day. If he had been bullied during that time, all bets would have been off.
I understand where you're coming from now, Pop. It is absolutely true that those drugs can have side effects including suicidal/homicidal just-plain-nuts behavior. I saw it happen a couple of times to teen clients that had been switched to one of those anti depressants from the recommended one due to cost (Medicaid didn't want to pay for it). Every psychiatrist who has spoken about school shootings references the common denominator of depresssion; that's no secret and everyone is aware of it. Suicide and homicide are two sides of the same coin. I don't necessarily think the meds alone are the cause, though. The meds are present, if they are present, in an attempt to address the depression or behavior (trauma often manifests as ADHD) and it didn't work. When someone dies of cancer, they have chemo in their system, but the chemo didn't cause the death. You see what I mean?
If Cruz, Lanza and the Columbine shooters were on meds, please link to that.

Yet, per the link, depression rarely causes violence. I think when you medicate a young, not fully developed brain, and that brain is affixed to someone undergoing years of bullying, you then have a recipe for murder.
For all the uproar, there have been how many school shootings involving teens? Three in ten years? Quite rare, I'd say.
Were Cruz, Lanza and the Columbine shooters on meds or coming off meds?

Yes. So why do you wanna take away everybody's guns OldLady ?

What kind of fuckery is this?
I DON'T really want to take everyone's guns, Marion. Iceberg makes me nuts.

You can report anything you want, doesn't mean anything will happen.

No shit.

Forum List

Back