Florida Judge voids FLORIDA GOP created congressional map

And the specific violations? Why have they not made it into the news?

LMAO!

Because you haven't deemed it worthy yet.

LOL:lol::lol::lol:

Ok, let's try that again. What are the EXACT violations that you claim make these two redistrictings illegal?

Don't forget, YOU are the one who has made the claim.

I didn't claim it, another poster did. I'm laughing at you and your bigoted remarks..

Are you sure you are not German. They can be snobs ya know.

LMAO!

Because you haven't deemed it worthy yet.

LOL:lol::lol::lol:

Ok, let's try that again. What are the EXACT violations that you claim make these two redistrictings illegal?

I didn't claim it, another poster did. I'm laughing at you and your bigoted remarks..

You are right. Retired Sergeant made the claim and then you butt in, which is ok.
I am used to extreme Rightwingers like you acting this way, it's pretty par for the course.

Carry on.

You are right. Retired Sergeant made the claim and then you butt in, which is ok.
I am used to extreme Rightwingers like you acting this way, it's pretty par for the course.

Carry on.

Not a problem...........

To the original thread, while the map is weird looking, the population per district is within the guidelines of the state. As I posted back up sites for that data.

Where is the absolute truth of this gerrymandering as there is no way you are gonna get the populations to match without some weird maps.

Carry on.

Not a problem...........

To the original thread, while the map is weird looking, the population per district is within the guidelines of the state. As I posted back up sites for that data.

Where is the absolute truth of this gerrymandering as there is no way you are gonna get the populations to match without some weird maps.

Not necessarily. With a computer, equipped only with population (voting age) data and geography (mountains, lakes, rivers, etc), you can create districts with much more logical boundaries.

Carry on.

Not a problem...........

Not necessarily. With a computer, equipped only with population (voting age) data and geography (mountains, lakes, rivers, etc), you can create districts with much more logical boundaries.

Who decides and who writes the programs............................

Not a problem...........

Who decides and who writes the programs............................

Very good question, but this is really the kind of data you cannot fuck around with. For each state, a board of people, split along party lines, could input the data:

population
geography

That's it. With people of all parties looking over each other's shoulders, hanky-panky is pretty much precluded.

Nothing in the data to do with party affiliation or race or creed or religion.

Then, based on those two parameters alone, the computer draws logical districts.

ah yes, you must find him a rock star? gives you thrills, orgasams?

how about the supreme court? When did we ALLOW any judge to make policy, override the will of the voters, etc in this country?

and why doesn't it bother you?

Oh! Referring to Bush vs. Gore are you?

Yet you have no problem with NC district 12. I wonder why? Could it be because the Feds forced it on NC so a black could get elected? Same with district 1.

The State Constitution requires that where possible whole Counties must be in a single district. By the way thanks to the violation in 1 and 12 the republicans got Court approval to do the same in 2011 for the whole State. A 3 Judge panel ruled no violation for the current arrangement by the State legislature.

So thanks to you bed wetters and your ignorance the republicans followed suit.

For the record the most notorious gerrymandered district in history was created by the NC democrat majority in the early 1990's. In some areas NC district 12 is no wider than the interstate. Also for the record Fla circut court judge Terry Lewis was appointed by democrat gov Chiles.

On this point, you are probably quite correct.

But this thread is not about NC-12 from the 1990's, now is it.

This thread is about a current happening RIGHT NOW.

Is this the best the Right has to offer? To deflect? To relativize?

In the OP, I wrote very clearly at the end that the Democratic Party is often every bit as guilty of Gerrymandering as the GOP, so quit the fucking bellyaching and actually take time to read and OP for once.

In other words, righties: grow up and learn to debate like adults.
"Bush! BUUUUUSH!!"

Protecting the GOP; E-mails destroyed; Unfair advantage in favor of Republicans; Secrecy....

So, given the shenanigans going on in this redistricting case with gerrymandering in favor of Republicans as the judge ruled, there can be no doubt that we are seeing yet another example of what happens in Fla. as we saw during the presidential elections between Gore and Bush where even though Gore was to be awarded the presidency, it went to Bush instead. And the final say was with the U.S. Republican-led Supreme Court. So, it's Deja Vu all over again with Republicans caught with their hand in the cookie jar yet again!

Their Republican Congressional Map plan therefore was
32.gif
and
87.gif

Gore lost, boy. Get over it.

I'd void it too...district 5 is a joke.

Now, who is going to void Maryland's far more hilarious DNC gerrymandering?

maryland-redistricting-map1.jpg

I don't consider it worse then Florida's since it really just covers up 1 GOP seat with 1 Dem seat.

But anyway...go ahead and scrap Maryland's gerrymander too! Get rid of all of them, it doesn't matter which party does it, the fact is that it happens.

Agreed, scrap them all.

It would be nice if you could just trust politicians to do the right thing...but since you can't trust any of them outside your sight and hearing range, what kind of ironclad legislation could be proposed.

Something along the line of "The length of longest possible NE to SW line of measurement Congressional District boundary and of the length of longest possible SE to NW line of measurement Congressional District boundary at the midpoint of and perpendicular to the NE to SW line must not vary more than (blank) percent without the consent of 3/4ths vote of the legislature. the only exception being a circumstance where two opposing Congressional District boundaries are also boundaries of the state."

This isn't good enough, but it is a starting point.

Last edited:
Protecting the GOP; E-mails destroyed; Unfair advantage in favor of Republicans; Secrecy....

So, given the shenanigans going on in this redistricting case with gerrymandering in favor of Republicans as the judge ruled, there can be no doubt that we are seeing yet another example of what happens in Fla. as we saw during the presidential elections between Gore and Bush where even though Gore was to be awarded the presidency, it went to Bush instead. And the final say was with the U.S. Republican-led Supreme Court. So, it's Deja Vu all over again with Republicans caught with their hand in the cookie jar yet again!

32.gif
and
87.gif

Yeah, but with a little help from your friends.

Last edited:

I don't consider it worse then Florida's since it really just covers up 1 GOP seat with 1 Dem seat.

But anyway...go ahead and scrap Maryland's gerrymander too! Get rid of all of them, it doesn't matter which party does it, the fact is that it happens.

Agreed, scrap them all.

It would be nice if you could just trust politicians to do the right thing...but since you can't trust any of them outside your sight and hearing range, what kind of ironclad legislation could be proposed.

Something along the line of "The length of longest possible NE to SW line of measurement Congressional District boundary and of the length of longest possible SE to NW line of measurement Congressional District boundary at the midpoint of and perpendicular to the NE to SW line must not vary more than (blank) percent without the consent of 3/4ths vote of the legislature. the only exception being a circumstance where two opposing Congressional District boundaries are also boundaries of the state."

nomath.jpg

32.gif
and
87.gif

Yes...the voters.

loser2.jpg

32.gif
and
87.gif

Bush won every RECOUNT, including those after the election done by biased sources. Further the Supreme Court ruled 7 to 2 that Bush was right that Gore recount as done was illegal.

Perhaps you can explain HOW THE GUY WITH THE LEAST NUMBER OF VOTES OF THE TWO SOMEHOW REALLY WON?

Agreed, scrap them all.

nomath.jpg

That made me :rofl:

Sorry Daveman...my mistake.

Forum List

Back