Florida schools remove books so that teachers arent prosecuted for providing unapproved books like Celia Cruz, Queen of Salsa

Barbed Wire Baseball: How One Man Brought Hope to the Japanese Internment Camps of WWII

This book has historical significance. I don't understand, but then I do. Shame on them.

"As a boy, Kenichi “Zeni” Zenimura dreams of playing professional baseball, but everyone tells him he is too small. Yet he grows up to be a successful player, playing with Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig! When the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor in 1941, Zeni and his family are sent to one of ten internment camps where more than 110,000 people of Japanese ancestry are imprisoned without trials. Zeni brings the game of baseball to the camp, along with a sense of hope. This true story, set in a Japanese internment camp during World War II, introduces children to a little-discussed part of American history through Marissa Moss’s rich text and Yuko Shimizu’s beautiful illustrations"
Why is the Jim Thorpe book banned ? Wasnt he seem as an All American hero ?

There is a list of books in the article and I must admit that this seems to be an assault on diversity. Most of the books seem to be written by people of colour.

When "the life of Rosa Parks" is on a banned list you must question where this nazi is going with this.

A lot of native american works on the list as well. This is full blown fascism. Hitler didnt start with the ovens.

No doubt all my free speech libertarian friends on here will join me in condemning this violence.
Paywall OP link? You're a faggot.

Confederate Soldier, I admire your brass balls in openly identifying as a Confederate Soldier and displaying the stars and bars. I am new to this site, having finally grown too tired of having to create account after account on Reddit due to content bans. I find this here to be quite refreshing.

I get shredded for it from day to day. I also get called a phony because I'm more moderate than some so called conservatives on here. You just have to learn to ignore them.

Confederate Soldier, I admire your brass balls in openly identifying as a Confederate Soldier and displaying the stars and bars. I am new to this site, having finally grown too tired of having to create account after account on Reddit due to content bans. I find this here to be quite refreshing.
The intent of the confederate flag is clearly to advertize racism.

The Klanners who tout it are out to get attention. However, there's a good counter argument to support it.

Can you refresh that point on it's intent being legitimate for us?

The intent of the confederate flag is clearly to advertize racism.

The Klanners who tout it are out to get attention. However, there's a good counter argument to support it.

Can you refresh that point on it's intent being legitimate for us?
I admire his use of that flag because of the "fuck-off-ness" of it. I make no representation concerning the flag beyond that. I treasure freedom, not conformity; free expression, not speech codes.

Okay, here's the OP link everyone can read:

And here's the link with the 176 book titles so you can run down some titles and decide for yourselves if they should have been banned or not:

A way to do that is go to Amazon and see how much you can read for free. ;)

I don't see anything wrong with the Celia Cruz book. :dunno: Maybe that's a one-off.

I know I'd find something wrong with the "Pink is for boys" book.

Last edited:

There is a list of books in the article and I must admit that this seems to be an assault on diversity. Most of the books seem to be written by people of colour.

When "the life of Rosa Parks" is on a banned list you must question where this nazi is going with this.

A lot of native american works on the list as well. This is full blown fascism. Hitler didnt start with the ovens.

No doubt all my free speech libertarian friends on here will join me in condemning this violence.
I can only read the first couple of paragraphs...the article says...

"Following orders issued by her school district, she removed dozens of non-curriculum books from her classroom, stripping the shelves bare."

These are her personal non-curriculum books.

Fake news. The school district doesn't want teachers to have personal non-curriculum books in their classrooms.

Likely as a way to avoid a lawsuit by banning certain books.

Pretty smart IMO.

Okay, here's the OP link everyone can read:

And here's the link with the 176 book titles so you can run down some titles and decide for yourselves if they should have been banned or not:

A way to do that is go to Amazon and see how much you can read for free. ;)
Where those specific books banned...or were those the names of the non-curriculum books that teachers removed from their classrooms due to the School Districts order to remove non-curriculum books from classrooms.

Liberals are liars ... Outright liars, liars of omission, liars by framing and liars by inference.

You can't trust anything they say to be as it appears.

Is white a colour?

Yep...FAKE NEWS.

"PEN America, a nonprofit group representing writers and editors, defines a book ban as any action taken against a book as a result of parent or community challenges, administrative decisions or action threatened by government officials — regardless of whether the book has been removed or simply restricted.

Duval Schools might disagree with that definition. None of the books on the list have been banned or challenged in Duval Schools, a spokeswoman told WJCT News on Tuesday.

Rather, the books are under review, a process complicated by staffing shortages as administrative staff cover for classroom vacancies.

The district ordered books in the Essential Voices Classroom Libraries collection in 2021, and the list includes many titles that must be reviewed to ensure they are grade-level appropriate, the spokeswoman said."

Like I said... Never trust a liberal.

Where those specific books banned...or were those the names of the non-curriculum books that teachers removed from their classrooms due to the School Districts order to remove non-curriculum books from classrooms.

Liberals are liars ... Outright liars, liars of omission, liars by framing and liars by inference.

You can't trust anything they say to be as it appears.
Ooo..I didn't check that. Yo! Hol' up, playa! :aargh:

That's one dishonest article!

I can only read the first couple of paragraphs...the article says...

"Following orders issued by her school district, she removed dozens of non-curriculum books from her classroom, stripping the shelves bare."

These are her personal non-curriculum books.

Fake news. The school district doesn't want teachers to have personal non-curriculum books in their classrooms.

Likely as a way to avoid a lawsuit by banning certain books.

Pretty smart IMO.
Use the link the Duke posted it has the list. I am really offended they banned a book that should have been in English class to help kids with ow sound. You know, cow, town, owl, etc. I only checked and then googled a handful of those books and they really should be part of the curriculum. Doesn't matter to me what the fuck they ban but if any of you are alive in 15 + years you're going to say to yourself, "who the hell let that dumb ass kid graduate"?

Use the link the Duke posted it has the list. I am really offended they banned a book that should have been in English class to help kids with ow sound. You know, cow, town, owl, etc. I only checked and then googled a handful of those books and they really should be part of the curriculum. Doesn't matter to me what the fuck they ban but if any of you are alive in 15 + years you're going to say to yourself, "who the hell let that dumb ass kid graduate"?
Not banned, under review, the entire article is bullshit.

Forum List

Back