Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

I think the point is that if Disney wants Autonomy from Florida, they need to give the same back.
Not use their power to try to thwart a government, that they have exempted themselves from.

What is Disney doing to attempt to thwart the government? If that's the case, then I could agree with this. But if all they've done is state their opposition to the legislation, no, then punishing them opens a door they may never be able to close...

Now that they are no longer self administering, does that mean that the county or city has to hire the police and fire personnel and pay them? Why do I get the feeling it's going to cost the government more than the extra tax revenue?
Yupper. Nailed it

What is Disney doing to attempt to thwart the government? If that's the case, then I could agree with this. But if all they've done is state their opposition to the legislation, no, then punishing them opens a door they may never be able to close...

They had an opinion different than that of DeSantis and we all know that is not allowed.

Dissent will be punished

Now that they are no longer self administering, does that mean that the county or city has to hire the police and fire personnel and pay them? Why do I get the feeling it's going to cost the government more than the extra tax revenue?
Disney will have to pay the city, county and state for the help and services.

We have all seen that with the vaccine and mask mandates. You are not allowed to have an opinion other than the governments, no matter if they are right or wrong.

Shocked to see that you agree with such things

LOL wait until Florida has to start paying for all the Disney infrastructure. They will rue the day they went down this road. That is why they did this to begin with---to avoid those costs by making Disney pay them out of pocket themselves.
They will use the new tax dollars, and raise them if needed.

The Free Ride is over, Woke Mickey.

Forum List

Back