Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

If it were just Disney holding an opinion, I would agree with you. However, Disney has been using their corporate power in opposition, bowing down to the woke crowd, when they should simply stay out of the fight. If they are going to get in the fight, they are going to get fought by the other side. Such is the nature of politics.

What the legislature is doing today is more than just fucking the Disney queers.

BREAKING: The Florida Senate just passed DeSantis' congressional map that creates four new GOP-leaning districts, wipes out Dem gains in redistricting across the nation, and removes Disney’s self-governing power and special exempt status.

Greg Price (@greg_price11) April 20, 2022

As I said above....Going to be fun the watch the two counties try and come up with the equipment and personnel to provide fire and police service to all 25,000 acres by next year
Equipment and personnel is not the issue, it exists already. It's paying for it.

The County will just assess more taxes.

Democrats run Orlando and Orange County. Like all Democrats they believe in big taxation and big spending. They will look at Disney as a source of revenue.

Disney fucked themselves with that sorry ass Hollywood queer woke shit. DeSantis did the right thing. That will teach the sonofabitches to not bring their sorry ass California queer ass kissing to Florida.
You'll gladly take that California queer ass kissing money though huh...

Equipment and personnel is not the issue, it exists already. It's paying for it.

The Equipment is owned by Disney, the personnel are employed by Disney.

Are the counties going to pay for all the equipment? Are the people working going to be willing to work for the county?

What new tax dollars?
90% of Reedy Creek’s $169 Million budget comes from property taxes they levied on Disney owned properties.. They no longer have that ability, the state does, and can raise them as needed.

So when there is a crime or a fire on the property, who responds? Not Disney, because they are no longer allowed to hire cops and a fire department.
The Country will just assess Disney for the cost of personnel.

Like what was mentioned earlier. It will probably cost Disney at least $200 million a year.

Disney will be a big source of revenue for the Country. The Democrats in Orlando and Orange County are just like Democrats everywhere. They know how to tax and spend.

Last edited:
As I said above....Going to be fun the watch the two counties try and come up with the equipment and personnel to provide fire and police service to all 25,000 acres by next year
You assume they will try. Many facilities (refineries for example) have their own security and fire departments.

That is what I just said. They went against the king, and now are paying the price. Dissent will not be allowed.
Where did they say it isn’t allowed, Halfwit? Disney is free to criticize anything they want to. Actions have consequences, especially in politics.

Disney should stick to what they do and not push teaching sex to kindergartners.

The Equipment is owned by Disney, the personnel are employed by Disney.

Are the counties going to pay for all the equipment? Are the people working going to be willing to work for the county?
Well, that's the question, isn't it. Buying the equipment from Disney is likely faster and cheaper than sourcing new. As far as the personnel, that remains to be seen. Depends on pay and bennies would be my guess. That's still a shit ton of money for the counties to absorb.

And it is still possible that Disney looks at the bottom line and decides they can make that money elsewhere and close the park, cratering Central Florida's economy.

Now that they are no longer self administering, does that mean that the county or city has to hire the police and fire personnel and pay them? Why do I get the feeling it's going to cost the government more than the extra tax revenue?
The county always supplied the police. Disney never had authority to conduct its own law enforcement.

You'll gladly take that California queer ass kissing money though huh...
I don't want jack shit. If it was up to me I would kick the assholes out of the state.

Central Florida was a paradise before the Disney shitheads moved in and ruined everything.

Orlando use to be a great little Conservative town until Disney moved in. Now it is crowded, high crime, bad traffic and becoming the typical Democrat big city shithole.

Florida did well with being a mainly agriculture state. We don't need or want the goddamn tourists and all the destruction that comes with it.

Forum List

Back