Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

Yep, Disney paid for all their own emergency services, now those services for those 25,000 acres will have to be paid for by the county. And the amount of taxes they pay will not change at all.
So, Disney DID revive Song of the South?
:laughing0301:
Oh, PLEASE don't throw me in the briar patch!!!

Disney isn't even close to that, this is a blip in time. It's a hot topic now, but that will blow over
Central Florida has to be a mecca for the theme park for optimum business.

It is shame too, I would like nothing more than to see them close their doors and see where Florida makes up the lost tax dollars from?

Another authoritarian fighting the "culture wars" via government mandates. Where's the fun in government if you can't use it to shove your values down someone else's throat?
DeSantis reflect the values of Florida and we are damn glad he is shoving this down Disney's throat.

However, as much as I hate the Disney shitheads I would rather have him push Constitutional carry.

DeSantis reflect the values of Florida and we are damn glad he is shoving this down Disney's throat.
I'm sure you are. Some people think that's the purpose of government.
However, as much as I hate the Disney shitheads I would rather have have him push Constitutional carry.
He's more interested in political retribution against critics.

Per their annual statement, Disney owns 18 hotels there with 24,000 rooms. They are Not going anywhere.

I imagine their campaign contributions may shift locally however...

And now, because of government action, GOVERNMENT comes out ahead, as always.

I do not think it can be shown the government will come out ahead. They may well end up losing money in the long run with the added cost they will now incur. All because Desantis got his feelings hurt.

I'm sure you are. Some people think that's the purpose of government.

He's more interested in political retribution against critics.
The Disney dipshits are more interested in kissing China's ass and sucking queer cock.

They shouldn't have tried to take on DeSantis. He ain't a RINO pussy or Democrat turd.

The Disney dipshits are more interested in kissing China's ass and sucking queer cock.

They shouldn't have tried to take on DeSantis. He ain't a RINO pussy or Democrat turd.
Yes, he's a real manly man. Do you have posters on your bedroom wall?

What is Disney doing to attempt to thwart the government? If that's the case, then I could agree with this. But if all they've done is state their opposition to the legislation, no, then punishing them opens a door they may never be able to close...

We may have a different idea as to what "thwart" means.

Forum List

Back