Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

There is nothing in our Constitution that says our government can't punish it's political enemies.
Wow. That's equal parts ignorant and evil. Do really want to live under than kind of regime?

My oldest spent the last four years in China. Believe me, you don't want to live under that kind of regime.

Wow. That's equal parts ignorant and evil. Do really want to live under than kind of regime?

Too late...

My oldest spent the last four years in China. Believe me, you don't want to live under that kind of regime.
Too late...

Remember McCarthy?

Then we could go back in history, past FDR, Lincoln, Jackson... all the way to George Washington himself

Too late...

Too late...

Remember McCarthy?

Then we could go back in history, past FDR, Lincoln, Jackson... all the way to George Washington himself
Ok - so your response to bad government is more bad government. That doesn't seem, well, I dunno FUCKING IDIOTIC to you?

Man ... you are more lost than I thought.
Not lost at all.....

Where is Disney's right (read: privilege) to special dispensation from the tax and regulatory laws that apply to every other Florida corporation?

-then-

Where is the contractual agreement?

-then-

Where is it written that The State, through its proper legislative process, can't revoke said special status at any time?

DeSantis and his state lawyers aren't stupid and capricious.....Disney is fucked

LOL wait until Florida has to start paying for all the Disney infrastructure. They will rue the day they went down this road. That is why they did this to begin with---to avoid those costs by making Disney pay them out of pocket themselves.

200 million a year will cover it nicely.

Define 'egregious error' without outing yourself as a slimy, magaturd hack. Go.
Special deal.

If the law says everyone pays 26 cents an acre, and the government gives Disney a sweetheart deal at 3 cents an acre, that's an egregious error.

However, our Constitution also does not say that our government is forbidden from favoring it's political allies. What it says is equal application of the LAW.

@toobfreak
As I said above....Going to be fun the watch the two counties try and come up with the equipment and personnel to provide fire and police service to all at all.25,000 acres by next year

Not hard at all. Disney's first tax payment will take care of it.

Man ... you are more lost than I thought.
A REAL libertarian would be more concerned with The State being able to set up such special corporate carve-outs, such as Disney has enjoyed, in the first place.

Who is lost?

If the law says everyone pays 26 cents an acre, and the government gives Disney a sweetheart deal at 3 cents an acre, that's an egregious error.
How so? You haven't proven anything with your comment. Three cents an acre for the financial windfall Disney provides the entire state far exceeds anything the state can offer for 28.

How so? You haven't proven anything with your comment. Three cents an acre for the financial windfall Disney provides the entire state far exceeds anything the state can offer for 28.
That's the whole point.

They do it for financial reasons, not legal reasons.

You're familiar with Fredric Bastiat?

"Using the law as an instrument of plunder".

That's the whole point.

They do it for financial reasons, not legal reasons.

You're familiar with Fredric Bastiat?

"Using the law as an instrument of plunder".
I'm glad you're finally all caught up in understanding that greed overshadows political loyalty.

Selectively increasing it for punative purposes is fraudulent. Property taxes aren’t arbitrarily determined.
The Disney properties have NOT been paying the property tax and other taxes that everyone else is forced to-------For DECADES. Desantis might be doing this for the tax money-----billions $$$$ Disney has ratted their way out of. Pretty sure that Floridas properties are no different than CA properties in this. Looks more like FLorida will get more $$$$$ while the mouse gets less out of this.

Forum List

Back