Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

So that, when push comes to shove, the government can hold it over them as a threat, or a punishment. Like now.
Everyone should be treated equally----this said the disney property that everyone is hyping about because disney pays for the whinefest just like the Kardashians pay for their articles to keep their name out there is only 1 of 6 properties that just lost their special status.

Abigail Disney and Disneys hiding the closet CEO and their out to get the US while kissing chinese ass---deserve no special treatment. Walt disney would be the first to slap abigail upside the head.

Disney levies property taxes on its own property to the tune of $169 million per year. They will no longer be able to do that, the county will…..at the valuation the county puts on the properties.

No matter how many times you repeat this lie, it will still be a lie.

Who says? The link provided earlier said it hasn’t been decided.

A billion is 1/96 of the yearly state budget, Dipsqueeze. How many years on the bond? :laughing0301:

What percent is it of the counties that will have to take it on, since they will be doing it and not the state

It's only a problem because you apparently just now discovered major corporations have been wielding money and power to leverage politicians and change laws since the inception of our Republic.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your stunning ignorance and lack of critical thinking.
Yeah, and as I have stated, im against lobbying and that type of corporate influence, but, in this case, we actually have disney on record stating they are going to work to repeal that law.

I mean, I don't spend a lot of time keeping up with corporate things, but I don't recall someone actually saying they were going tonuse their company to try and reverse legislation.

Really?

can you name any large business that doesn’t do that?

Disney is Florida’s single largest employer…and apparently it is their employees who are pushing Disney to make a statement.
No, I can't name a corporation who doesn't do that, but I can say that disney has publicly stated that THEY are going to do so.

Why are you guys defending this corporatocracy? It's almost like you all have just completely changed course, at least on this one situation. In any other situation, you'd be cheering this kind of action.

Yes, i know that big business has influence and lobbying, and I'm against all of that, but, Disney has already stayed it is their goal to repeal the law. That's something you don't see in the headlines...much at all.

Why are you guys defending this corporatocracy?

Nobody on here really cares about Disney. Disney is not the real topic. The real topic is that the State of Florida is punishing a company solely for saying they were against a law the state passed.

Is this the new norm you would like to have, states passing bills every time a company says something they do not like?

Would you be cool with the state of Illinois passing a bill to punish Chick-fil-a for being against gay marriage?

Nobody on here really cares about Disney. Disney is not the real topic. The real topic is that the State of Florida is punishing a company solely for saying they were against a law the state passed.

Is this the new norm you would like to have, states passing bills every time a company says something they do not like?

Would you be cool with the state of Illinois passing a bill to punish Chick-fil-a for being against gay marriage?
Nope, I wouldn't, I've already stated as much.

I've already stated my position to you. No state should target a specific industry because of their opinion, but, if that industry publicly comes out staying they are going to use their influence to change legislation, then they need to be knocked down.

Yes, I know...every company has lobbyist, but you, mostly, don't see those companies on the news saying "we vow to repeal this legislation".....no you don't, because you dont...or.shouldnt have that kind of power...

Last edited:

The Florida law forbids the teaching of sexual orientation and gender ideology, such as transgenderism, to children in kindergarten through third grade. It has nothing to do with Disney employees.

Despite an aggressive mainstream media campaign against the legislation, a recent poll shows that Florida Democrat voters support the Republican-backed law, 52 percent to 36 percent.

Screw you MICKEY MOUSE.

Yeah, and as I have stated, im against lobbying and that type of corporate influence, but, in this case, we actually have disney on record stating they are going to work to repeal that law.

I mean, I don't spend a lot of time keeping up with corporate things, but I don't recall someone actually saying they were going to use their company to try and reverse legislation.
And? Is there anything wrong with working to change the law? Or with stating that that is your intention? Do you think that should be illegal? Really? WTF?

Last edited:
Why are you guys defending this corporatocracy? It's almost like you all have just completely changed course, at least on this one situation. In any other situation, you'd be cheering this kind of action.
I'd be cheering for it if Desantis and his band of goons had the balls to do it across the board - to drop all such special privilege from their tax code. But they don't. They won't. They have no such intention. They're just fucking with Disney because Disney dares to disagree with them.
Yes, i know that big business has influence and lobbying, and I'm against all of that, but, Disney has already stayed it is their goal to repeal the law. That's something you don't see in the headlines...much at all.
Again, what the fuck? What's wrong with working to get a law repealed? You really think they should be punished for that? That's straight up CCP shit and it can't be tolerated in a free society.
I've already stated my position to you. No state should target a specific industry because of their opinion, but, if that industry publicly comes out staying they are going to use their influence to change legislation, then they need to be knocked down.
So, would you be ok with other states playing the same game? Should liberal states be allowed to target companies who openly support the pro-life movement, who vow to change the laws regarding abortion?? Do you really want the sitting government to have the power to silence its opponents in this way? That doesn't seem fascist and totalitarian to you? You people are so consumed by the culture war crap that you've abandoned the core values our country was built on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back