Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

yeah, i was…nobody but me made for my driveway, My company pays its own water, sewer and electric bill…not the taxpayer
The road in your neighborhood is maintained by your county. I'll bet you a horse turd to a donut and let you keep the stakes in your mouth! You don't pay for the hookup to electricity. The builder does. The same for your sewer.

The road in your neighborhood is maintained by your county. I'll bet you a horse turd to a donut and let you keep the stakes in your mouth! You don't pay for the hookup to electricity. The builder does. The same for your sewer.
what the f are you talking about? i am not talking about public roads.

The law doesn’t take disney’s land…they still own their property and private roadways.

the person that built my house doesnkt pay my water bills or sewer bills…i do

and if i don’t pay, it gets turned off.

That’s true for every business and home in my state

this law doesn’t change that fact anyone in florida

what the f are you talking about? i am not talking about public roads.

The law doesn’t take disney’s land…they still own their property and private roadways.

the person that built my house doesnkt pay my water bills or sewer bills…i do

and if i don’t pay, it gets turned off.

That’s true for every business and home in my state

this law doesn’t change that fact anyone in florida
You are a naïve, undereducated piece of work!. Every business that locates in a city or county must have infrastructure to support it. Recently our planning commission disapproved of a major retailer building a store in our county because they wanted a road built to access the rear of their property. The planning commission believed we had enough stores such as theirs to warrant spending the tax dollars. They also disapproved a solar farm because it would use county tax payer's money to provide power to a new Ford battery factory for electric vehicles. They funded the factory requirements because it creates jobs.

You are a naïve, undereducated piece of work!. Every business that locates in a city or county must have infrastructure to support it. Recently our planning commission disapproved of a major retailer building a store in our county because they wanted a road built to access the rear of their property. The planning commission believed we had enough stores such as theirs to warrant spending the tax dollars. They also disapproved a solar farm because it would use county tax payer's money to provide power to a new Ford battery factory for electric vehicles. They funded the factory requirements because it creates jobs.
so what roads is the planning commission going to approve for disney?

It could also cost Florida as they rely on sales taxes. Fewer visitors means less revenue. This is cutting your nose off to spite yourself. Apparently blue states are more business friendly.

Who says there will be fewer visitors?

I expect Libs to attend Disney's facility in record numbers, don't you?

Libs support the idea of teaching gay sex to little kids and so does Disney.

I would have to see what was in the original contract.
Disney invested hundreds of millions in the region and I can’t see them turning control back to Florida without compensation.

Republicans are doing a victory dance right now, but I don’t think low tax Republicans will be happy when the bill comes in

Bbbbbbbbut they owned the libs, right?
MAGA

They did build Central Florida

It was just vacant farmland before Disney came in
Well now they can pack their shit and leave.............lmao..........GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.......

Your side fucked up royally pushing this shit............Gonna be fun watching your KARMA.

Trump_Gives-Finger_Female-Astronauts.gif

Under the old system, they paid for their own roads, power, sewer, police and fire protection. Now, the county will have to do that for each part of Disney in their area.
police and fire yes…but the roads still belong to disney…they are private roads on private property.

Disney still has to pay for their power…like every other business in florida…as far as sewer…it would depend if they are hooked to the town sewer system…they might not be…many places have their own septic system…they would have to make sure it follows with state and local codes though

Under the old system, they paid for their own roads, power, sewer, police and fire protection. Now, the county will have to do that for each part of Disney in their area.
Under the new system---Disney will have to pay the tax rates that everyone else pays which will net the counties/cities a higher tax income flow which will pay for police and fire protection leaving Disney to pay sewer and electric rates in the area just in time for FPL new rate increases for 4 years followed by more added for a solar bond or whatever they are calling it. It will also mean that Disney does not control the information about crimes on their properities as well-------brace yourselves, the stories about the mouse will be coming over the next few years.

Well now they can pack their shit and leave.............lmao..........GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.......

Your side fucked up royally pushing this shit............Gonna be fun watching your KARMA.

Trump_Gives-Finger_Female-Astronauts.gif

This thing is not over yet

Republicans acted without thinking. Contracts have provisions for both sides. You can’t just legislate your way out of contractual obligations

Disney has some mighty fine lawyers who will force Florida to pay its way out of the contract and start to pay for services that Disney used to provide

This thing is not over yet

Republicans acted without thinking. Contracts have provisions for both sides. You can’t just legislate your way out of contractual obligations

Disney has some mighty fine lawyers who will force Florida to pay its way out of the contract and start to pay for services that Disney used to provide
Parents don't give a fuck.............take your perverted agenda and go play in traffic.........

Your side has fucked up royally pushing this............Disney will regret this.............should have kept their stinking mouths shut.

Parents don't give a fuck.............take your perverted agenda and go play in traffic.........

Your side has fucked up royally pushing this............Disney will regret this.............should have kept their stinking mouths shut.
Disney will win

Going to war with your largest employer and taxpayer will not go well. Once Republicans start to actually look at the details of what they did, they will back down

2022 elections coming up, let Republicans explain higher tax rates

Disney will win

Going to war with your largest employer and taxpayer will not go well. Once Republicans start to actually look at the details of what they did, they will back down

2022 elections coming up, let Republicans explain higher tax rates
They can BE REPLACED...........Your threats are MEANINGLESS when you push this garbage .........And that money will not be as much as the people speak.

Parents DON'T GIVE A DAMN.................They will piss on Disney money.

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

What the Florida Senate did by voting to end Disney’s tax privilege sends a clear message that DeSantis will not be manipulated by corporations or their lobbyists. In Washington DC, that is a dangerous power to wield

oh poor disney now they have to pay corporate taxes like everyone else
which puts the left in an unenviable position. Don't it lefties.

Forum List

Back