Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

The sponsor of the bill states its true reason...

Fine said that the bill gives Disney more than a year to reorganize the district and to rethink its criticism of Florida laws.

I get to play yo yo with a supporter of child abuse all the while I get to shit in a basquebromance thread.

And I never started either?

Noice.

Learn to spell

Learn to not support child abuse.

R.e22f272892503c52632a32bbd9699a61

Because of state rates, Disn
Like most of their hasty decisions, Republicans will come to regret this one

Disney Lawyers are going to make the local community pick up the cost of public services
I doubt it. This will get quietly repealed in about six months. All these politicians need campaign contributions.

When does a county ever take over the private debt of a Corporation? Specifically a corporation as rich as Disney? It is Disney debt and they are responsible. It is nothing but Moon Bat stupidity to claim that taxpayers will be responsible for the bonds of the Disney corporation.

It is Moon Bat lies to claim otherwise like we see all the time.

Now Orange and Osceola counties have a source of property tax revenue and fees associated with permits, inspections, etc that they didn't have before. The Democrats running those counties are already counting their wealth. To the tune of several hundred million dollars a year.

Disney will be no different than any other big business in Florida. No more special treatment. If you weren't such a stupid Moon bats butt hurt over the queer shit you would understand that.
It's not. Thats the debt of the county taxing en tity. You're fucked.

It's not. Thats the debt of the county taxing en tity. You're fucked.
You are confused. It is Disney debt.

There have been several examples here in Florida of counties having to take over municipalities that had defaulted on debt. In none of those instances did the tax payers of the country have to pay off the debt.

If that was the case with Disney then the County could simply seize Disney assets to pay the debt.

LOL wait until Florida has to start paying for all the Disney infrastructure. They will rue the day they went down this road. That is why they did this to begin with---to avoid those costs by making Disney pay them out of pocket themselves.
why would the state have to pay for disney’s infrastructure? my state doesn’t pay for the infrustructure of my personal property or any businesses in my state

isantis picking a fight with Mickey?

Priceless

Desantis margin of victory 32,000 votes

Disney employees 77,000

Disney annual tourist figures 58 million

Loser citizens of Osceola, Orange counties that inherit $ billion tax bill, and cost to support police, fire, sewage, water, roads, etc.

Anyone who thinks this is a winner for Republicans

Delusional

Dumb assed Republican Grand Standing

We really showed that Disney

How is taking a stand against the Disney Oligarchs "grandstanding"?

All that Gov. DeSantis and the Florida legislature did was repeal the liberal law that allows Disney to be its own government.

And the D's think letting corporations like Disney rule is a good thing, apparently.

Desantis margin of victory 32,000 votes

Disney employees 77,000

Disney annual tourist figures 58 million

Loser citizens of Osceola, Orange counties that inherit $ billion tax bill, and cost to support police, fire, sewage, water, roads, etc.

Anyone who thinks this is a winner for Republicans

Delusional
Gotta love when the new tax bill comes out and Republicans run on low taxes

How is taking a stand against the Disney Oligarchs "grandstanding"?

All that Gov. DeSantis and the Florida legislature did was repeal the liberal law that allows Disney to be its own government.

And the D's think letting corporations like Disney rule is a good thing, apparently.
That law was passed by Conservatives looking for Disney to invest in their state

An area that had no infrastructure and Disney offered to pay for roads, water, electric, sewers

Now, thanks to Republicans, the two counties taxpayers will pay for it

That law was passed by Conservatives looking for Disney to invest in their state

An area that had no infrastructure and Disney offered to pay for roads, water, electric, sewers

Now, thanks to Republicans, the two counties taxpayers will pay for it

And DIsney is the main taxpayer in the two counties.

So how does that hurt the people?

Forum List

Back