Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

This is highly entertaining. Reedy Creek owes OVER A BILLION DOLLARS. That's roads, sewers, water, pipes, wires ....... If Reedy Creek doesn't exist, the roads still do. And they're in the counties. Workers need the roads to get to work. Tourists need the roads to get to the Parks.

Yep, and when Reedy Creek no longer exist all that stuff belongs to the county, along with the debt to build it. The county will now have to upkeep and operate all that stuff.

I'll be very curious about the "city." From what little I see, Walt had some vision of an enclosed city of World employees. I think the few people actually there now are high level employees. I have no idea if they have houses or what.
debt owed by a city could be interesting, but I have no idea to whom any debt might be owed.

The bill simply makes the "development district" go poof. But the city is a separate entity. Apparently.

This is highly entertaining. Reedy Creek owes OVER A BILLION DOLLARS. That's roads, sewers, water, pipes, wires ....... If Reedy Creek doesn't exist, the roads still do. And they're in the counties. Workers need the roads to get to work. Tourists need the roads to get to the Parks.

Republicans sponsors, often unable to give detailed answers to questions about financial and legal implications of the legislation during floor discussions, suggested that the legislature could work through logistics of the dissolution over the next year.
Florida Democrats this week have been outspoken against the bills, accusing Republicans of retaliating against Florida's largest private employer in ways that will reverberate throughout the state's important tourism economy.
State Sen. Gary Farmer, a Democrat, called the tactic "shoot first, ask questions later."
"The debt service alone for Reedy Creek is over a billion dollars," Farmer said Wednesday. "This bill makes no provision as to how that debt service is going to be assumed. Local government entities must pick up assets and liabilities of any special district that is dissolved."
I have a feeling that after their Victory Dance is over, Republicans will take it back and say….Never mind

Yep, and when Reedy Creek no longer exist all that stuff belongs to the county, along with the debt to build it. The county will now have to upkeep and operate all that stuff.
the roads (or whatver) will be on county land since the improvement district went "poof." In theory, the counties could refuse to maintain them, but the counties survive on the workers and tourists who travel on the roads to earn paychecks to buy stuff in the counties and the tourists who buy shit. I assume the counties could refuse to make payments on the debt. What would the bond holders do? Repossess roads? Disney owns the land, but the debt is owed by the improvement district, I assume.

the roads (or whatver) will be on county land since the improvement district went "poof." In theory, the counties could refuse to maintain them, but the counties survive on the workers and tourists who travel on the roads to earn paychecks to buy stuff in the counties and the tourists who buy shit. I assume the counties could refuse to make payments on the debt. What would the bond holders do? Repossess roads? Disney owns the land, but the debt is owed by the improvement district, I assume.

The bond holders would sue the county and then the county would have to pay or default on all its loans

Republicans were Grandstanding for their base
Look what we did to Disney

The bill was poorly written, not researched, there was no discussion or debate of the consequences
Just a rush to a partisan vote

Disney has the best accountants and lawyers in the world. They will not meekly go away. Florida will be presented with a bill and low tax Republicans will be forced to back down

I accept people as they are, not what I want them to be.
The problem is, that isn't "as they are". They are males. It is basic science. Also, where do you draw the line? Do you accept murders as they are? Or serial killers as they are? You obviously don't accept conservatives the way they are.

The problem is, that isn't "as they are". They are males. It is basic science. Also, where do you draw the line? Do you accept murders as they are? Or serial killers as they are? You obviously don't accept conservatives the way they are.
ted bundy was just a guy?

I accepted ted bundy to be the horrible rapist and murderer that he was.

I also accept conservatives as they are.

What is your point? You get to choose for other people?

The bond holders would sue the county and then the county would have to pay or default on all its loans
I honestly don't know. The State has fucked the counties, that's for sure. The Counties had all the advantages of people using infrastucture with none of the costs of building or maintaining it. People live outside the World, and work and play inside. Paying taxes. People stay in the World ... paying taxes.

The Counties have to have the taxes but the Mouse has to have the infrastructure.

It may be that by assuming Reedy Creeks powers and obligations, the Counties have the Mouse by the balls, because the Counties would own the infrastructure, but the Counties cannot survive economically without the Mouse.

The law authorized Reedy Creek to actually own roads and bridges and such.
But Reedy Creek is governed by the "landowners." Aka, the Mouse. The Mouse owns the land. The Mouse owns the Parks.

A state cannot take property without paying fair market for it. I wonder how much a road to the magic kingdom or animal kingdom is worth? how much is drinking water worth? (KA-Ching! LOL)

Can you imagine the outcry if Ocala Country tried to make people pay tolls? LOL

But could the bonds owed and roads owned by Reedy Creek actually extend into the Parks?

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

I almost hate to break this to you, but there are millions of gay republicans sodomizing their asses off every day.

There's a ton of links out there on the Innert00bs, dumbass. Are your fingers broken? Do you not understand what a search engine does? Shall I continue this discussion explaining how it works to a person with the mentality of a toddler? Nope. You get off on being a partisan troll. Because you're currently unproductive to this current society. It's apparent you've got nothing better to do.

I said learn to read, you fucking bumpkin.
I found the numbers, Dipshit.

I was wrong about this. Apparently the roads are on the Mouse's land. Generally speaking, Counties and local govt are forbidden from servicing roads on private land. That's why residential real est builders are careful to have city/county owned roads go right up to their security gates, even if they restrict access inside the development to only land owners.

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Imagine Ocala county taxpayers having to service the Mouse's roads!!!!!

ted bundy was just a guy?

I also accept conservatives as they are.

What is your point? You get to choose for other people?
So then you don't accept people "as they are". And no, I will not accept a lie as a fact. A girl is not a guy, and a guy is not a girl.

You accept the abusers, rapists and murderers? And criticize those who rightfully call the teaching of sexuality subjects to children at 5 years old as 'child abuse'.
You get to choose for other people?

So why do you criticize those that rightfully call it child abuse? Because you accept those people?

:dunno:

Last edited:
I was wrong about this. Apparently the roads are on the Mouse's land. Generally speaking, Counties and local govt are forbidden from servicing roads on private land. That's why residential real est builders are careful to have city/county owned roads go right up to their security gates, even if they restrict access inside the development to only land owners.

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Imagine Ocala county taxpayers having to service the Mouse's roads!!!!!
Some lawyers are going to make a boatload.

You accept the abusers, rapists and murderers? And criticize those who rightfully call the teaching of sexuality subjects to children at 5 years old as 'child abuse'.

So why do you criticize those that rightfully call it child abuse? Because you accept those people?

:dunno:

Forum List

Back