Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

Maybe the snow birds will pack their shit and leave then.
1650720594423.png

It is fascinating watching Democrats in this thread DEFENDING the billionaires of a huge big-media conglomerate, AND DEFENDING those billionaires supporting the pedophile grooming of children.

Oh my, the days of the 1960's "Liberal" are long gone.

why would the state have to pay for disney’s infrastructure? my state doesn’t pay for the infrustructure of my personal property or any businesses in my state
Not only that but if a businesses causes a need for additional State, County or Local resources they have to pay additonal impact fees.

They paid the county/state property taxes and always have. They pay sells tax on all that is sold there.

Disney basically paid themselves other taxes to pay for wastewater treatment and collection, water reclamation, electric generation and distribution, solid waste disposal, potable water, natural gas distribution, and hot and chilled water distribution, fire service and about 175 miles of public roads.

To help pay for all those thing Reedy Creek sold bonds just like any other municipality.

Once the agreement is null, all those things listed above will now belong to the counties involved, including what we are not being told is more than 1 billion dollars in bond debt. All those things listed above now will have to be ran and maintained by the county. The people that did fire service and ran the water plants were Disney employees, now the county will have to find people to do all those things. Some, maybe even most might stay on in the same job, if the county can match the salary and benefits they were getting from Disney.

The cost for all of this will now be the burden of the county, and everyone that lives in the county. And yes, the increased taxes Disney will pay will help offset that, but just about nobody I have read thinks it will come close to covering it all.
the county or state don’t have to maintain things that are owned or on the private property

It is fascinating watching Democrats in this thread DEFENDING the billionaires of a huge big-media conglomerate, AND DEFENDING those billionaires supporting the pedophile grooming of children.

Is it any more fascinating than watching Republicans target corporations for speaking out? Didn't they used to stand up for the rights of business?

Pretty much all principle and political conviction has fallen in the name of the culture war. It's literally destroying the foundations of our country, the foundations that protect freedom and prevent tyrannical government. And neither side seems to give a shit.

Is it any more fascinating than watching Republicans target corporations for speaking out? Didn't they used to stand up for the rights of business?

Pretty much all principle and political conviction has fallen in the name of the culture war. It's literally destroying the foundations of our country, the foundations that protect freedom and prevent tyrannical government. And neither side seems to give a shit.

Pretty much all principle and political conviction has fallen in the name of the culture war. It's literally destroying the foundations of our country, the foundations that protect freedom and prevent tyrannical government... And neither side seems to give a shit.

Perfect example. Thanks.

Perfect example. Thanks.
So will you continue to defend the right of the left to preach their religion in school...........and in a Republic when the State House Senate and Governor agree on a NEW LAW...........that it is wrong to pass this law...........while a group tries to BRAIN WASH OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN.

hmmm............Disney is FUCKED.

. And neither side seems to give a shit.

So will you continue to defend the right of the left to preach their religion in school......
I've never defended any such thing. (If you contend that I have, find the quote. Do it now. Or STFU and skulk away.)

But you have defended, and continue to defend, state retribution against political enemies. You're dragging our nation down to the level of a banana republic.

I've never defended any such thing. Go ahead. Find the quote, cocksucker - do it now. Or STFU and skulk away.

But you have defended, and continue to defend, state retribution against political enemies. You're dragging out nation down to the level of a banana republic.
Florida OWES no special favors to a Corporation that is openly suing the State to push a IMMORAL CAUSE.

The people have spoken............THE VAST MAJORITY...........that they will not put up with this shit.

The left HAVE GONE TO FAR...........and you are with them .......and pissed because the right is NO LONGER NOT FIGHTING BACK.

You simply don't like it when the other side FIGHTS BACK.........Disney will get it's ass handed to them over this...........Might as well plow the place down,.

Florida OWES no ..,.
No, no, no. Finish what you started you pathetic little ****. You claimed I defend "the right of the left to preach their religion in school......"

Find the quote or retract the statement. We're not going anywhere until you admit that you are lying.

This thing is not over yet

Republicans acted without thinking. Contracts have provisions for both sides. You can’t just legislate your way out of contractual obligations

Disney has some mighty fine lawyers who will force Florida to pay its way out of the contract and start to pay for services that Disney used to provide
Pay their way out of the contract? It isn’t a contract, it is a special privilege granted to Disney by the state. The state can rescind those privileges any time they want.

It's actually more fascinating watching Republicans start another culture war they are going to lose, just like e very other culture war they've started, and lost since the 1960's.

Don't you people ever get tired of getting your asses kicked in culture wars?

No, no, no. Finish what you started you pathetic little ****. You claimed I defend "the right of the left to preach their religion in school......"

Find the quote or retract the statement. We're not going anywhere until you admit that you are lying.
STFU............and stop lying that you are libertarian...............you always get flaming mad with I go after the left.........Because you are one of them.

But you have defended, and continue to defend, state retribution against political enemies. You're dragging our nation down to the level of a banana republic.

You mean political enemies like the Patriots that protested for four hours on 1/6 the Democrats stealing the Presidential election from the American people?

The Liberal filth let the goddamn BLM Negros get away with six months of rioting, looting, burning and murdering , including destruction in DC but used the full power of the shitass Federal government to go after the Patriots that took selfies in Pelosi's office.

Disney will win

Going to war with your largest employer and taxpayer will not go well. Once Republicans start to actually look at the details of what they did, they will back down

2022 elections coming up, let Republicans explain higher tax rates
This doesn’t kick in before the 2022 election, Dumbass.

Nope. Not until you admit you were wrong - that you lied.

Or, prove you were right. Here's your earlier statement:

So will you continue to defend the right of the left to preach their religion in school......

Grow a pair of balls and defend your statement, you worthless little pussy. Find a quote confirming your chickenshit claim.

C'mon, get up off the ground and stand up for yourself. You can do it.

I OWE YOU NOTHING.

Forum List

Back