Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

It sends a message all right. It shows that DeSantis is a far right wing Nazi who does not believe in free speech. That is interesting because far right wing fascists claim their free speech rights are being denied. They are the ones attacking free speech. David French is a real conservative like myself who has not sold out to the far right. Her put it best when describing you fascists. "Free speech for me but not for thee."
lol

You're no conservative.

This is not a free speech issue.

No one's right to speak is being denied.

You're just mad about the retaliation.

And our Constitution does not say you can speak freely "without retaliation".

then why did the poster i responded to suggest they didn’t

They paid the county/state property taxes and always have. They pay sells tax on all that is sold there.

Disney basically paid themselves other taxes to pay for wastewater treatment and collection, water reclamation, electric generation and distribution, solid waste disposal, potable water, natural gas distribution, and hot and chilled water distribution, fire service and about 175 miles of public roads.

To help pay for all those thing Reedy Creek sold bonds just like any other municipality.

Once the agreement is null, all those things listed above will now belong to the counties involved, including what we are not being told is more than 1 billion dollars in bond debt. All those things listed above now will have to be ran and maintained by the county. The people that did fire service and ran the water plants were Disney employees, now the county will have to find people to do all those things. Some, maybe even most might stay on in the same job, if the county can match the salary and benefits they were getting from Disney.

The cost for all of this will now be the burden of the county, and everyone that lives in the county. And yes, the increased taxes Disney will pay will help offset that, but just about nobody I have read thinks it will come close to covering it all.

It says you can do so without retaliation from the Government.
982532163-87114d1bfde5445670d7a430a06dad9c.jpg

They paid the county/state property taxes and always have. They pay sells tax on all that is sold there.

Disney basically paid themselves other taxes to pay for wastewater treatment and collection, water reclamation, electric generation and distribution, solid waste disposal, potable water, natural gas distribution, and hot and chilled water distribution, fire service and about 175 miles of public roads.

To help pay for all those thing Reedy Creek sold bonds just like any other municipality.

Once the agreement is null, all those things listed above will now belong to the counties involved, including what we are not being told is more than 1 billion dollars in bond debt. All those things listed above now will have to be ran and maintained by the county. The people that did fire service and ran the water plants were Disney employees, now the county will have to find people to do all those things. Some, maybe even most might stay on in the same job, if the county can match the salary and benefits they were getting from Disney.

The cost for all of this will now be the burden of the county, and everyone that lives in the county. And yes, the increased taxes Disney will pay will help offset that, but just about nobody I have read thinks it will come close to covering it all.

The CUSTOMERS at Disney- or any place else- pay the sales tax. Not the vendor.

If the county ,city, state in Florida needs more money , they can just raise the tax on Disney- like they do with any other taxpayer.

Disney is a Shitty Employer- this is a documented fact. In fact , Big Labor has been able to successfully get its claws in the Disney payroll in Florida because the staff is so dissatisfied.

They would probably be glad to get Disney to leave town and have a more responsible boss take over.

If the county ,city, state in Florida needs more money , they can just raise the tax on Disney- like they do with any other taxpayer.

They cannot raise the taxes only on Disney, they would have to raise them county wide. Which is what will have to happen. Disney can raise the price of their tickets by 5 bucks to cover the extra taxes, not everyone else in the county has that ability

For sure.

The Authoritarian Big Government bear has been poked and all those on the right are showing their true colors.

I love it.

Here is my prediction, before June of next year this bill goes away when they finally look at the economic impact it will have. Feel free to bookmark this and see if I am right.

They cannot raise the taxes only on Disney, they would have to raise them county wide. Which is what will have to happen. Disney can raise the price of their tickets by 5 bucks to cover the extra taxes, not everyone else in the county has that ability

Sure they can.

I believe its the liberal state of Maryland? (maybe it was someone else?) which passed a special tax just on "large retailers" so that only evil Walmart would be subject to the levy.

The precedent is there to punish those employers that hate your people.

so basically in Florida it's against the law to tell schoolchildren about Madison Cawthorn, do I have that right

lol

You're no conservative.

This is not a free speech issue.

No one's right to speak is being denied.

You're just mad about the retaliation.

And our Constitution does not say you can speak freely "without retaliation".
Disney's freedom to speak whatever Woke and Groomer hate garbage they wanted against Florida children had consequences that the California Libtards never dreamed of, didn't it?

They had a sweet deal not having to worry about County taxes, zoning restrictions, permits, inspections and other bureaucratic bullshit but now that ended because the Moon Bats couldn't keep their mouths shut.

In addition to that they are losing a lot of Disney+ subscribers and a lot of Conservative families are going to boycott their products. No wonder their stock has plummeted.

Moon Bats are never the brightest bulbs in the chandelier, are they?

Just heard it on the radio. There are estimates that this will cost Disney up to $200 million per year.

Not to mention they're going to have to apply for a permit for absolutely everything now. Bye-bye to the days where they can just pop up a building or add a bunch of wild animals to a property without a permit. Nightly fireworks? They're going to be paying out the ass for that permit.

Yep...and once they apply for those permits, the same leftists that Disney is sucking up to will be protesting every construction project, every new attempt to expand the park...........

It's called Karma, and it is a left wing bitch on wheels...

Disney is a Shitty Employer- this is a documented fact. In fact , Big Labor has been able to successfully get its claws in the Disney payroll in Florida because the staff is so dissatisfied.

They would probably be glad to get Disney to leave town and have a more responsible boss take over.
I know and have known a lot of people that work at Disney World. They say it is a shitty place to work. Low pay, very crappy work conditions and strict work rules.

They have a very high turnover of personnel. People take jobs there but get out as soon as they can.

I remember the days of WALT...........and Disney was the place for kids.........to watch old great cartoons............

Now it has been a perverted place from hell under the Moonbat management.............Sad story that the PERVERTED LEFT as killed MICKEY MOUSE.

7de15873d32d0da82ce111b4c79d06b9.jpg

Forum List

Back