Florida set to pass pop tart bill

You're a fucking idiot. In other words, you'd make a perfect public school administrator.

so you dont believe children should be taught to behave?

What I believe is you were beaten too many times with the stupid stick. Just shut up.

it's a simple question. should a child that chooses to break rules face the consequences of that choice or should their parents protect them from the punishment?

I have just sent a copy of the bill to my state rep and state senator.
Please keep us updated!

What I believe is you were beaten too many times with the stupid stick. Just shut up.

it's a simple question. should a child that chooses to break rules face the consequences of that choice or should their parents protect them from the punishment?

If its a stupid rule then it needs changed. This is one of those instances.

Please keep us updated!

If its a stupid rule then it needs changed. This is one of those instances.

i don't disagree, but it does beg the question why the parents were so eager to get involved and take action after the fact but weren't willing to go to the school board or pta or open houses or whatever was available to them to voice their concerns before their kid got in trouble?

and what you have to remember - especially in the case of the kid with the pop-tart- is that besides the breaking of the rule there is a need to correct the kid's idea that they are somehow special and able to skirt the rules or that they don't apply to them in the first place.
there is a right way and a wrong way of getting a rule changed.

Last edited:
This happens at school for christ sakes. The only reason an adult would shoot a "kid" is if that "kid" is trying to harm the adult with physical force like robbery,assault etc or has broken into his home...in that case they are no longer "kids" they are criminals and get what's coming to them.

Explain Michael Dunn in Jacksonville, Florida, then.

The dead kid did not even make the shape of a gun or try to.harm the moron.

Regards from Rosie

what people need to remember when they read stories about kids chewing their pop tarts into guns and getting in trouble or using their fingers as guns and getting into trouble is that these are school policies known to the kids and they are choosing to break the rules - and one of the things i think we need to impress upon kids in schools is that they aren't special and the rules apply to everyone the same, and that when you choose to break them there are consequences.

Baaaaaaaa...

Good little sheep!

you misunderstand me. i'm not defending the rules themselves, just that children need to be taught to follow them - and that choosing to break them has consequences.

i also take issue with the parents of the children. they're willing to lawyer up and protect their kids from their own choices but they apparently weren't willing to do the work to get the rule changed before it became an issue.

i happen to like the idea of the florida law - i like it less that it has to exist at the state level since i believe that those decisions should be made at the district and school level, but clearly defining what is and isn't allowed in their schools is a good idea.

The very young child who chewed his pop tart into the shape of a gun thought he was chewing it into the shape of a mountain. The teacher saw the gun shape. The child should never have been approached. He should have just monstered up and ate the mountain.

The Florida bill makes it clear that children in public schools will be allowed to simulate firearms while playing without risk of disciplinary action or being referred to the criminal or juvenile justice system.
This is ridiculous. Now we need to pass a law so kids could be kids. I used to play cops and robbers all the time as a kid. Back then we didn't have all this gun phobia nonsense. We had guns back then as well, and gun crimes, but kids were still allowed to enjoy their childhood and play kid games like cops and robbers.

Partly correct. They should be taught HOW to use a pistol and rifle at school.Maybe even create a rifle team for competitions.Seeing how ALL we are talking about is a damn pop tart get over yourself.Little kids scare liberals. :lol:
Yeah, good idea. Because kids + guns = safety.

Pop tarts are dangerous, so let's have armed guards in every school like a good Christian police state.

Fucking morons.

Actually Kids + learning to properly use guns=SAFETY sorry you don't trust other people kids enough to learn from professionals how to operate a machine which is what a rifle or pistol is. ANY machine in the hands of an untrained individual can be dangerous. I don't want armed guards either. I want armed teachers and staff.
Yeah, arm the teachers and janitors. Good idea. Armed, underpaid, unappreciated, stressed-out teachers and janitors with guns, "safely" locked in desk drawers and broom closets where NO ONE can possibly get to them, right? Kids aren't going to find them and use them because they'll all be taught proper gun safety, right? And if any big bad evil terrorists come in with their guns, the brave unappreciated teachers will stand their ground and fight to the last man.

Fucking morons.

I would, but they never bother responding to anything I send them, which is why I'm voting against both of them in the next election.

I have found my state legislative reps to be very responsive. I have been able to get them to change/improve a few laws. I've even been able to get my federal representatives to kick some ass on behalf of someone close to me.

Yeah, good idea. Because kids + guns = safety.

Pop tarts are dangerous, so let's have armed guards in every school like a good Christian police state.

Fucking morons.

Actually Kids + learning to properly use guns=SAFETY sorry you don't trust other people kids enough to learn from professionals how to operate a machine which is what a rifle or pistol is. ANY machine in the hands of an untrained individual can be dangerous. I don't want armed guards either. I want armed teachers and staff.
Yeah, arm the teachers and janitors. Good idea. Armed, underpaid, unappreciated, stressed-out teachers and janitors with guns, "safely" locked in desk drawers and broom closets where NO ONE can possibly get to them, right? Kids aren't going to find them and use them because they'll all be taught proper gun safety, right? And if any big bad evil terrorists come in with their guns, the brave unappreciated teachers will stand their ground and fight to the last man.

Fucking morons.

This Florida law would simply make it okay for a kid on the playground to make his fingers into a gun and go "bang bang!" at a girl with cooties.

Take it easy.

what people need to remember when they read stories about kids chewing their pop tarts into guns and getting in trouble or using their fingers as guns and getting into trouble is that these are school policies known to the kids and they are choosing to break the rules - and one of the things i think we need to impress upon kids in schools is that they aren't special and the rules apply to everyone the same, and that when you choose to break them there are consequences.

You're a fucking idiot. In other words, you'd make a perfect public school administrator.

I teach them that if they break a retarded rule like the Pop Tart rule at school, they won't get in any trouble from me.

They will also be hearing about my effort to eliminate that idiotic rule. This rule is obviously a politically motivated one, and has nothing to do with child safety.

So, yeah. I teach my kids it is more important to learn how to think critically than to bend to popular opinion.

Last edited:
This is not a big deal. Pop tarts don't hurt people. Finger guns don't hurt people. GUNS hurt people.

Anyone who says that there should be more guns in school is increasing the likelihood that there will be more gun violence at schools. These 2nd Amendment freaks are psychotic.

This is not a big deal. Pop tarts don't hurt people. Finger guns don't hurt people. GUNS hurt people.

Anyone who says that there should be more guns in school is increasing the likelihood that there will be more gun violence at schools. These 2nd Amendment freaks are psychotic.

I would trust a security guard at school with a gun about as much as I trust a TSA guard at the airport with a gun. Which is to say, not at all.

I teach them that if they break a retarded rule like the Pop Tart rule at school, they won't get in any trouble from me.

They will also be hearing about my effort to eliminate that idiotic rule. This rule is obviously a politically motivated one, and has nothing to do with child safety.

So, yeah. I teach my kids it is more important to learn how to think critically than to bend to popular opinion.

what you're teaching your kid is that they are outside the rules and only those that they choose to follow are important. you're also not teaching them respect for their elders, authority figures, or their fellow students. and you're missing out on teaching a valuable lesson about how to properly go about affecting change.

may not be how you would phrase it but it's the same lesson. i just hope you aren't the type to complain about school performance and lack of discipline.

Last edited:

I would, but they never bother responding to anything I send them, which is why I'm voting against both of them in the next election.

I have found my state legislative reps to be very responsive. I have been able to get them to change/improve a few laws. I've even been able to get my federal representatives to kick some ass on behalf of someone close to me.

I'm actually surprised by their lack of response since both the state senate and assembly districts I live in are swing districts. One would think they'd be more attentive to their constituents given neither seats are safe for either party.

Anyone who says that there should be more guns in school is increasing the likelihood that there will be more gun violence at schools.

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread, dipshit, so go change your panties and go troll somewhere else.

I just received a response from my state rep:

I know from conversations [state senator who I also e-mailed) and I have had that he totally agrees with you. It really is out of control how politically correct things have become. Our teachers have enough things to worry about in the classroom, let alone controlling what is obviously normal childhood fun. I’ll make sure he reads your email – on first glance, I like the looks of that Florida bill.

:eusa_clap:

Schools have been taught by fucking morons for generations now and they keep trying to educate our kids to be fucking morons too. You can see by the response of some here they have been partially successful. Kids, mostly boy's, have been playing cops and robbers, army, cowboys and Indians for as long as there has been kids. They seem now to want little boys act like little girls but it's not working. Let boys be boys and maybe they will grow up to be men instead of our current group of young adults that take no responsibility and have kids everywhere and let single mothers raise them. Some boys fight the school system that won't let them be little boys and more power to them and their parents for supporting them. Don't let the schools turn little boys into whatever it is they want them to be, it sure doesn't seem like they want them to be men when they grow up.

I should go to the next school district meeting and make a "machine gun" out of my hands and fingers and strafe all of them. "rat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat"

:lol:

Man Jailed For Arranging Fingers In Dangerous Configuration

Forum List

Back