Florida woman shot at Starbucks by friend who forgot gun was in her purse

Not seeing a comment from the NRA in this article at all.

Sounds like we are getting more spin.

Could be the article itself is fabricated bullshit.

It's safer to let a falling gun drop to the ground than try to catch it because you run the risk of accidently catching the trigger.

FYI... the Gun Control Act of 1968 made drop-safety tests mandatory.

Glad I read through the thread because I was going to say the same thing. No way the gun went off by dropping it. This story is incomplete at best and intentionally inaccurate at worst.

Police say a loaded handgun in a Florida woman’s purse accidentally discharged when she dropped it in a St. Petersberg’s Starbucks on Saturday. The bullet from 51-year-old Pamela Beck’s gun struck her friend, 38-year-old Amie Peterson, above the knee. The wound was not serious and Peterson was released from the hospital late Saturday night.

Beck, who does not have a concealed weapons permit, told police that the gold-plated .25 caliber semi-automatic pistol had been given to her by her father a year ago, for protection, and that she had forgotten that she placed the gun in a spare purse. Before leaving for the Tyrone Square Mall in which the Starbucks was located, she switched purses to the spare one.

St. Petersburg Police spokesman Mike Puetz said that her purse “hit the ground hard” and the gun fired.

Another victory for Wayne LaPierre. All those permits and paperwork are too much hassle for teabrains, and the NRA encourages dimwitted members to ignore the rules.

i'll bet a $1,000.00 i am not the first person who ever called you an idiot.., am i ??

how could all those permits and paperwork changed any damn thing ??

Another victory for Wayne LaPierre. All those permits and paperwork are too much hassle for teabrains, and the NRA encourages dimwitted members to ignore the rules.

Meanwhile hundreds are killed in car-accidents.

Accidents happen, Hazlnut, there's no way around this fact of life.

Liberals don't view death by car as a big deal, Ted Kennedy proved that.

Meanwhile hundreds are killed in car-accidents.

Accidents happen, Hazlnut, there's no way around this fact of life.

Liberals don't view death by car as a big deal, Ted Kennedy proved that.

Drowning a woman is viewed as a civil right by dems I guess.

Police say a loaded handgun in a Florida woman’s purse accidentally discharged when she dropped it in a St. Petersberg’s Starbucks on Saturday. The bullet from 51-year-old Pamela Beck’s gun struck her friend, 38-year-old Amie Peterson, above the knee. The wound was not serious and Peterson was released from the hospital late Saturday night.

Beck, who does not have a concealed weapons permit, told police that the gold-plated .25 caliber semi-automatic pistol had been given to her by her father a year ago, for protection, and that she had forgotten that she placed the gun in a spare purse. Before leaving for the Tyrone Square Mall in which the Starbucks was located, she switched purses to the spare one.

St. Petersburg Police spokesman Mike Puetz said that her purse “hit the ground hard” and the gun fired.

She 'forgot' the gun was in her purse? (it was NOT her every day carry purse, you never forget anything do you ?)

Either she is lying, or she's stupid.

you are stoooooopid for even suggesting that normal people should NOT forget things.., what a maroooon !!

Wasn't Michael Skakel a Kennedy cousin who killed a girl?

Why do Kennedy's hate women?

She 'forgot' the gun was in her purse?

My brother's wife remembered that her gun was in her purse, while waiting in line to go through the medal detector at the airport. She had to retrive her lunggage, take in to a restroom stall, put the gun in it, recheck the luuggage, and then go through the detector. I saw the gun later, and it did not even have a trigger guard.

She and my brother have been avid NRA members supporters for decades.

Oh. I forgot to mention. My brother also shot himself in the leg with a 22 revolver.

This is why stupid people shouldnt own guns. She "forgot" she left it in a "spare purse"?

Thats how guns get lost and stolen, and end up in Chicago. Stupid people with guns keeping them in stupid places. Obviously loaded, at that.

But, thankfully, our rights have been protected to the point that any fucking moron without a felony can obtain a gun...without a record of it...and keep it wherever the fuck they want, even a spare purse, and no one knows until something bad happens.

Wait...."above the knee" huh? Thats what, about 2 to 2.5 feet off the ground? Or....about the height of a child? Hmmmm.

Money and guns have something in common: Irresponsible people shouldnt have them.

She won't get much sympathy from the NRA or the TEA Party. Philbert.
No where does the NRA encourage anyone to carry a weapon without a permit and no self respecting TEA Party member would be caught dead with a .25 that will go off if dropped, but you just assumed that she was a TP member, huh? Where did you get that?
Can we assume that the 4,000 or so black kids that shot and killed other black kids in this country last year were all dues paying members of the NRA and affiliated with TEA Party political groups?

Oh My God!

We need to outlaw coffee.

i'll bet a $1,000.00 i am not the first person who ever called you an idiot.., am i ??

how could all those permits and paperwork changed any damn thing ??

Not even in the last 30 seconds.

Not seeing a comment from the NRA in this article at all.

Sounds like we are getting more spin.

Could be the article itself is fabricated bullshit.

It's safer to let a falling gun drop to the ground than try to catch it because you run the risk of accidently catching the trigger.

FYI... the Gun Control Act of 1968 made drop-safety tests mandatory.

Glad I read through the thread because I was going to say the same thing. No way the gun went off by dropping it. This story is incomplete at best and intentionally inaccurate at worst.

I thought so too, but some of the mini pistols must be carried in the half-cocked position to keep the hammer from hitting the firing pin and discharging accidentally.

I was doing research on the Cobra Derringer when this came up...
NEVER leave a loaded firearm unattended. BEFORE carrying or holstering your gun BE POSITIVE
that the hammer is in the HALF-COCK position and the SAFETY is ON. ALWAYS keep your gun pointed in a safe direction.

http://www.cobrapistols.net/pdfs/Products/Cobra-BigBoreDerringer-Manual.pdf

She 'forgot' the gun was in her purse?

Everybody lies and everybody does stupid things.

Welcome to the human race.

Forum List

Back