Florist Sued for Refusing Service to Gay Couple Pens Defiant Letter Rejecting Gov’t Settlement Offer

If they sell pork chops to other people, but not you....you have a case. If they don't sell them at all to anyone, then you'll be laughed out of court.

The gay folks who went to the florist ordered flowers. The florist sells flowers. She refused. Thus, she's violated her State' PA laws.

Yeah, brilliant, F Lee

I really don't care all that much. dimocrap scum have been making a mockery of Marriage for 50 years anyway. It's why there are so many Single Moms, why so many Women live below the poverty line and why so many Men REFUSE to get married -- Ever, and worst of all, why there are so many aimless, fatherless children.

Someday, it's all going to catch up to you. Which is why you're trying like crazy to import more dependent people -- It's all you got.

Butt Rangers and carpet munchers want to get married? Fine. Nobody is going to accept that. They will be ignored even worse than they were before, they will be shunned even worse than ever.

People who tolerated them for years and year will tire of their ever-increasing demands until we finally say, "No. You are not like us. You are deviants and we don't want you around anymore, you are NOT 'husband and wife', you are deviant and deviant."

When that day comes, you better run and hide.

Keep on keeping on, dimocrap scum. You're lighting your own funeral pyre

Can't respond on topic so you're going for the "those grapes were sour anyway" defense. Bravo!

Gays are legally marrying in all but 13 states and nobody cares except the people getting married, their loved ones and a small handful of anti gay bigots. THAT is the reality, not your anti gay rant.

I'm not quoting me. I'm quoting the courts and the PA laws of the various states. And they contradict you.

You disagree. Who gives a shit?

I said that to seawytch.

Who gives a shit?
11001877_791004700978478_7218067063905185349_n.jpg

Laughing.....try again when you can prop up that 'Muslims gotta sell porkchops' idiocy.

I say we send a homo couple to a muslim bake shop and force them to cater their *wedding*.

Depending on the state, they would also be in violation of public accommodation laws. Sorry, you do get special exemptions to violate civil law any more than Muslims.

Laughing.....try again when you can prop up that 'Muslims gotta sell porkchops' idiocy.

I say we send a homo couple to a muslim bake shop and force them to cater their *wedding*.

Depending on the state, they would also be in violation of public accommodation laws. Sorry, you do get special exemptions to violate civil law any more than Muslims.

This is the part that our conservative posters don't get. If Christian dogma trumps civil law...

.....then so does Sharia.

If they sell pork chops to other people, but not you....you have a case. If they don't sell them at all to anyone, then you'll be laughed out of court.

The gay folks who went to the florist ordered flowers. The florist sells flowers. She refused. Thus, she's violated her State' PA laws.

Yeah, brilliant, F Lee

I really don't care all that much. dimocrap scum have been making a mockery of Marriage for 50 years anyway. It's why there are so many Single Moms, why so many Women live below the poverty line and why so many Men REFUSE to get married -- Ever, and worst of all, why there are so many aimless, fatherless children.

Someday, it's all going to catch up to you. Which is why you're trying like crazy to import more dependent people -- It's all you got.

Butt Rangers and carpet munchers want to get married? Fine. Nobody is going to accept that. They will be ignored even worse than they were before, they will be shunned even worse than ever.

People who tolerated them for years and year will tire of their ever-increasing demands until we finally say, "No. You are not like us. You are deviants and we don't want you around anymore, you are NOT 'husband and wife', you are deviant and deviant."

Can't respond on topic so you're going for the "those grapes were sour anyway" defense. Bravo!

Gays are legally marrying in all but 13 states and nobody cares except the people getting married, their loved ones and a small handful of anti gay bigots. THAT is the reality, not your anti gay rant.

A federal court in Nebraska ruled this morning that gay marriage bans are unconstitutional. Gay marriages will begin on March 9th unless stayed. Its unlikely that Nebraska will have much more luck than Alabama on that front.

If the Muslims sell cake to other customers, they have to sell to the gay couple. Sharia law doesn't trump civil law anymore than Christian dogma.

These business owners didn't refuse to *sell to*. They refused to design specific arrangements meant to celebrate specific sacrilegious celebrations.

I wish you people would stick to the truth.

This is the part that our conservative posters don't get. If Christian dogma trumps civil law...

Nonsense. Refusing to participate in a blasphemous ritual is not the same as chopping off someone's head because she was raped.

I know you don't understand, but the rest of us do.

If the Muslims sell cake to other customers, they have to sell to the gay couple. Sharia law doesn't trump civil law anymore than Christian dogma.

These business owners didn't refuse to *sell to*. They refused to design specific arrangements meant to celebrate specific sacrilegious celebrations.

The florist refused to offer the same goods and services to a gay couple that they did for a straight couple. And in doing so, violated the law.

And yes, the gay couple filed a suit against them for it.

You can imagine that religious dogma trumps civil law. But it doesn't.

The florist refused to offer the same goods and services to a gay couple that they did for a straight couple. And in doing so, violated the law.

In this case, yes it does. The law is wrong.

Nonsense. Refusing to participate in a blasphemous ritual is not the same as chopping off someone's head because she was raped.

I know you don't understand, but the rest of us do.

Where in Sharia law is decapitation required?

If religion is a valid basis for discrimination and disregarding civil law, then a Muslim could refuse to serve or hire Christians. Or Jews. Or anyone. Any aspect of Sharia law that related to discrimination would thus trump US civil and State laws.

Its highly unlikely that the courts are going to kick down PA laws, especially when they've been so careful in preserving them in the Hobby Lobby ruling.

Says you. And your opinion doesn't trump our laws anymore than your religious beliefs do.

Get used to the idea.

Says you. And your opinion doesn't trump our laws anymore than your religious beliefs do.

Get used to the idea.

You need to get used to the idea that Christians aren't going to be catering your disgusting mockeries.

Get used to the idea.

You need to get used to the idea that Christians aren't going to be catering your disgusting mockeries.

Then they'll be funding the very weddings they refuse to service with much of the fines levied against them for PA law violations going to those they discriminated against.

Way to bring down the cost of a gay wedding!

Get used to the idea.

Then they'll be funding the very weddings they refuse to service with much of the fines levied against them for PA law violations going to those they discriminated against.

No, they won't.

Get used to the idea.

:lol: More like the state or localities General Fund...but still funny.

Get used to the idea.

No, they won't.

The Tax liens against their businesses say they will. You can imagine that no such PA laws exist, no such rulings exist, and no such liens exist.

But the law isn't going to imagine with you.

Get used to the idea.

:lol: More like the state or localities General Fund...but still funny.

Oh no. The baker who violated her local PA laws can end up paying the gay couple up to $150,000.

The owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa bakery will have to pay the couple up to $150,000, BOLI spokesman Charlie Burr said. The exact amount will be determined at a hearing on March 10.

Bakery risks large fine for anti-gay discrimination

So orthodox Christians could become one of the most prolific funders of gay weddings since interior design was invented.

Yeah, brilliant, F Lee

A federal court in Nebraska ruled this morning that gay marriage bans are unconstitutional. Gay marriages will begin on March 9th unless stayed. Its unlikely that Nebraska will have much more luck than Alabama on that front.

:clap:

Then file suit to have the law declared unConstitutional, or petition your Representatives to have it repealed.

Forum List

Back