Florist Sued for Refusing Service to Gay Couple Pens Defiant Letter Rejecting Gov’t Settlement Offer

PA laws are bought into when one opens a business that is defined as Public Accommodation. No one is forced to open such a business and if they choose to do so they can put up a sign that says "I hate fags" and be as bigoted as they like. The choice is theirs.

PratchettFan - to clarify, anti-discrimination laws target unpopular minorities (bigots) for discrimination. That's not equal protection.

I'm sorry. Still not following. How are bigots being discriminated against?

Anti discrimination laws persecute unpopular minorities. They target unpopular bigots and declare their biases illegal. More popular biases are accepted and endorsed.

Let me put it another way. Most people don't want to break into other people's houses and rob them. Does that make laws against burglary discriminatory against burglars?

Yes, it does. According to progressives we must not threaten or harm those who break into our houses or attack us.

Think Trayvon.

PA laws are bought into when one opens a business that is defined as Public Accommodation. No one is forced to open such a business and if they choose to do so they can put up a sign that says "I hate fags" and be as bigoted as they like. The choice is theirs.
Christians don't hate fags. In fact, in the same passage that promises eternal damnation for enabling the spread of homosexuality as a culture, the Christian is told to reach out to individual homosexuals with compassion "making a difference" (Jude 1 of the New Testament). The problem for Christians is the culture, not the individual. The hub of any culture is marriage. So there's where the problem is.

It could be a wedding cake, wedding photos, wedding flowers, wedding catering...but for a Christian combining the word "wedding" with "gay" or "homosexual" is strictly forbidden. The punishment is eternal torture of the soul. You cannot require any person to submit to that as a requirement of opening a business.

It could be a wedding cake, wedding photos, wedding flowers, wedding catering...but for a Christian combining the word "wedding" with "gay" or "homosexual" is strictly forbidden. The punishment is eternal torture of the soul. .
I'm sure you can show me where that is written.

Not that what you've just posted in anyway refutes my post.

Christians don't hate fags. In fact, in the same passage that promises eternal damnation for enabling the spread of homosexuality as a culture, the Christian is told to reach out to individual homosexuals with compassion "making a difference" (Jude 1 of the New Testament). The problem for Christians is the culture, not the individual. The hub of any culture is marriage. So there's where the problem is.

It could be a wedding cake, wedding photos, wedding flowers, wedding catering...but for a Christian combining the word "wedding" with "gay" or "homosexual" is strictly forbidden. The punishment is eternal torture of the soul. You cannot require any person to submit to that as a requirement of opening a business.

I think Franklin Graham has said it best... with regard to Christians and Sexual Deviants promoting deviancy as normality.

bigotry is sad. luckily it's dying out.

If only it would on the left side of the aisle also
example?

Example of what? Bigotry from the left? Start with religion.
what about it? there are far more religious bigots on the right than the left.
Not the issue.
You accused those who are non liberal to be bigots. You also implied liberals can not be bigoted.
You lied.

Well said... .

The first rule of Bigotry is that the first person to use the word 'Bigot' is, by definition... a BIGOT!

It could be a wedding cake, wedding photos, wedding flowers, wedding catering...but for a Christian combining the word "wedding" with "gay" or "homosexual" is strictly forbidden. The punishment is eternal torture of the soul. .

Happy to do so.

It is written in the design of the physiological design of humanity.

Ya see scamp... The human being is designed for sexual interaction within the two distinct, but complimenting genders. Marriage is the social expression analogous to coitus, wherein the Male joins with the female, forming one body; where, in marriage the singular male, joins with the singular female to form one morally sound (legal) entity.

To place two men or women into such is a lie... . At this point it should become obvious where that is written.

Can you get there from here or do you still need me to hold your hand?

Happy to do so.

It is written in the design of the physiological design of humanity.

Ya see scamp... The human being is designed for sexual interaction within the two distinct, but complimenting genders. Marriage is the social expression analogous to coitus, wherein the Male joins with the female, forming one body; where, in marriage the singular male, joins with the singular female to form one morally sound (legal) entity.

To place two men or women into such is a lie... . At this point it should become obvious where that is written.

Can you get there from here or do you still need me to hold your hand?
Thanks for the confirmation that there is nothing written about it outside of a bigot's head.

Yes, because being gay means you should be discriminated against. I mean it's been okay to discriminate against gays for all these past years; why should we stop now, right?

Discrimination is an essential element of human survival. It a survival priority suggesting that something should be avoided to promote the likelihood of survival.

Just because a human being is exhibiting behavior which triggers the need to discriminate, thus to turn from it, does not mean that the instinct to do so should be avoided.

Now I realize that you feel that 'discrimination' is wrong. But you need to understand that your conclusion is invalid, as the reasoning on which that conclusion rests, is unsound.

If only it would on the left side of the aisle also
example?

Not the issue.
You accused those who are non liberal to be bigots. You also implied liberals can not be bigoted.
You lied.

Well said... .

The first rule of Bigotry is that the first person to use the word 'Bigot' is, by definition... a BIGOT!

Refusing to bake a cake or arrange flowers for a blasphemous celebration is not "discrimination".

Refusing to bake a cake or arrange flowers for a blasphemous celebration is not "discrimination".

What if I walk into a moosulm goat fucker restaurant and demand they fry me up a pork chop?

If they refuse, is that discrimination? Of course not.

But if you're a Christian, you're a target in this Country.

If you're a Patriot, you're a target.

If you're a Conservative, you're a target.

If you don't get on your knees and worship at the altar of dimocrap scumbaggery -- You're a target.

dimocraps are the scum of the earth

period

Not the issue.
You lied.

Well said... .

I thanked you for your point, but I should point out that refusal to participate in the celebrations of deviancy, thus participating in the Normalization of Deviancy, IS by definition "Discrimination".

And there is nothing wrong with discrimination, where such rests in an intellectually sound logically valid construct, as the behavior which is being turned from (the act of discriminating) is a threat to the probability of your survival, thus serves as a contest of your best interests.

Discrimination is an essential element of human survival.

Thus where the Left claims that 'discrimination is wrong', we can rest assured that such is a function of nothing short of evil; the purveyance of chaos, calamity and catastrophe.

What if I walk into a moosulm goat fucker restaurant and demand they fry me up a pork chop?

If you don't get on your knees and worship at the altar of dimocrap scumbaggery -- You're a target.

period

Why do you people always bring up this false argument? Walk into a hardware store and ask for a bushel of apples. It's not discrimination because a hardware store doesn't sell fucking apples.

Why do you people always bring up this false argument? Walk into a hardware store and ask for a bushel of apples. It's not discrimination because a hardware store doesn't sell fucking apples.

And that Baker doesn't bake cakes for deviants

If they sell pork chops to other people, but not you....you have a case. If they don't sell them at all to anyone, then you'll be laughed out of court.

The gay folks who went to the florist ordered flowers. The florist sells flowers. She refused. Thus, she's violated her State' PA laws.

Arbitrarily labeling someone doesn't magically make you immune from PA laws. As the baker learned. She sells cake. They ordered a cake. She refused to sell them a cake because they're gay.

That's a PA violation in that State.

Nonsense. The gay folks bought flowers from the florist for 9 years. She didn't deny them because they're queer.

She refused to contribute flowers that endorsed a blasphemous event. It's her right.

The baker bakes cakes. The laws in these states mean that you can't sell a cake to a straight couple and refuse to sell the same cake to a gay couple. No one has asked for a product or service not provided by the business.

period

Seawitch, don't over think it. Its a retarded argument. And that's why I'm so glad that opponents of same sex marriage keep bringing it up. It makes their position look equally stupid.

Forum List

Back