Food Stamp Recipients Top 46 Million for 36th Straight Month

Thank you Obuma!

cnsnews ^

The number of beneficiaries on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program--food stamps--has now topped 46,000,000 for 36 straight months, according to new data released by the Department of Agriculture (USDA). From September 2011 through August 2014, the latest month for which data is available, the number of persons participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) has exceeded 46 million. In August 2014, according to USDA, there were 46,484,828 beneficiaries of the SNAP program. That was down slightly—2,060 beneficiaries—from the 46,486,888 who got food stamps in July......
There's an easy solution for this: raise the minimum wage.

The average household on food stamps has a total income of $766 a month. The average recipient receives $133 a month in benefits. 83% of all food stamps funding goes to households with at least one dependent in the household.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Feeding America

You should know by now that the small brains can't read past a title. Cuts in education made sure of that. Can't have the people thinking if we need to use them as slaves and keep all the profits. (and history repeats itself)

What's it like living in your world? Can you send people in this world postcard from your world? I'd love to see what it's like over there. Over here, we're all wondering about how they cut education spending in your world because this is what has happened in our world:

cato_andrew_coulson_public_school_trends_2013_zps1d4e507d.gif

So prices have gone up since 1970?

lol, Eureka!
That is a really stupid comment.
Now, concentrate, and look over the graph, including inflation adjustment part, and most of all Reading, Math and Science scores.

So scores have NOT plummeted in the last 40 years as we're so often led to believe?

lol.

You are such an economic illiterate. We have a flooded labor market. Raising the minimum wage only benefits those who can keep a job, it does nothing for those who lose a job because, NOW PAY ATTENTION, the value that they produce is less than the wage they must be paid.

Better to raise wages by increasing labor scarcity and the best way to do that is to skim off about 20 million low wage workers and send them on an all-expense paid trip to Mexico.
///////////////////
make that a one way paid trip, returns not accepted. :up: ...... :lmao:

You are such an economic illiterate. We have a flooded labor market. Raising the minimum wage only benefits those who can keep a job, it does nothing for those who lose a job because, NOW PAY ATTENTION, the value that they produce is less than the wage they must be paid.

Better to raise wages by increasing labor scarcity and the best way to do that is to skim off about 20 million low wage workers and send them on an all-expense paid trip to Mexico.
The CBO estimates 500,000 jobs would be lost if raised to 10.10. That's the state that matters. Over time, the increase in economic demand from higher wages will inevitably create jobs.
marxist doubletalk
You don't even know what Marxism is.
Why don't you tell us then, dimwit.

What is Marxism?

Thank you Obuma!

cnsnews ^

The number of beneficiaries on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program--food stamps--has now topped 46,000,000 for 36 straight months, according to new data released by the Department of Agriculture (USDA). From September 2011 through August 2014, the latest month for which data is available, the number of persons participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) has exceeded 46 million. In August 2014, according to USDA, there were 46,484,828 beneficiaries of the SNAP program. That was down slightly—2,060 beneficiaries—from the 46,486,888 who got food stamps in July......

The average household on food stamps has a total income of $766 a month. The average recipient receives $133 a month in benefits. 83% of all food stamps funding goes to households with at least one dependent in the household.

You should know by now that the small brains can't read past a title. Cuts in education made sure of that. Can't have the people thinking if we need to use them as slaves and keep all the profits. (and history repeats itself)

What's it like living in your world? Can you send people in this world postcard from your world? I'd love to see what it's like over there. Over here, we're all wondering about how they cut education spending in your world because this is what has happened in our world:

lol, Eureka!
If you have nothing intelligent to write, why do you bother vomiting your idiocy into this thread? Is this the only way you feel that you can make a contribution?

I think it's low self esteem, insecurity and a need to feel validated..

lol, Eureka!
Now, concentrate, and look over the graph, including inflation adjustment part, and most of all Reading, Math and Science scores.

So scores have NOT plummeted in the last 40 years as we're so often led to believe?

lol.
No, they haven't plummeted.

Hard to plummet from the bottom.

What part of "massive failure" do you not get, in regard to education and educational spending?

if you raise wages, prices will also rise.
This stuff isn't hard.
So long as it was raised gradually over time prices would increase pennies on the dollar. Over time the increase in consumer spending would ease prices as well.
..and prices will rise accordingly, also.
That's how the real world works, scooter.
Are you suggesting consumer spending has no effect on prices? It does. The initial price increase would be small and would go down over time.
No..I'm talking about inflation.
are you suggesting that increasing the minimum wage isn't inflationary?

Here's how the real world works, little marxist....a company, if forced to pay people more, will raise prices to cover their loss.
So you get a dollar more salary...everything else goes up $1.05

People who have house notes and cars and jobs understand these basic economic facts...
Do you live with your parents still?
Yeah and right now people can't support themselves on less than 10 an hour because of inflation.

Again raising the wage over time gradually will do little to increase prices. You are dumb if you think the increase in prices will offset the increase in wages. It doesn't work like that. The actual price increase would be slight and level off over time.
Obama says there has been no inflation on his watch.

right, scooter...you got it all figured out...

you do live with your parent's, though, don't you? Tell the truth.
When a con can't win an argument he turns to lazy stereotypes. It's so predictable.

Son...I didn't "win"..There's nothing to debate...It's just a fact that when businesses have to pay more money to satisfy some new intrusive government "law", they raise prices to offset the loss...and other businesses raise prices across the board to increase their profits, too...

You do live with your parent's...I knew I was right...I could tell.

I knew I was
You do realize we've gone through several wage increases and the economy in all areas did not not flounder.

I never said the economy would flounder. I said it was inflationary because the cost of goods and services will rise also and it will erase any "gain".

You are such an idiot.

great rebuttal!

You can't tell shit. I'm 28. I have a full time job with my own place.

I can tell that you're very immature and don't have much life experience.
I'm pretty sure my intelligence surpasses any you gained in your life experience.

My hemmorhoids pass blood clots with more intelligence than your posts.

The CBO estimates 500,000 jobs would be lost if raised to 10.10. That's the state that matters. Over time, the increase in economic demand from higher wages will inevitably create jobs.
marxist doubletalk
You don't even know what Marxism is.
////////////////
i'll bet you do.., you are one of them :lmao:

That's absurd. How could 46 million Americans be on food stamps with 5.5% unemployment and the polity dancing in the streets, just mad with joy over their collective financial prosperity?

Because many who work qualify for food stamps. That should make you happy - American corporations getting cheap labor.

It obviously makes the left happy..they like to exploit illegals for cheap labor which spreads poverty and increases government dependency....which will lead to votes for the party who gives away the most free stuff..

You mean Walmart is hiring illegals? Seeing as how many Walmart employees get food stamps.
And don't you hate it when those nasty Republicans in COngress defend the employers from any punitive actions for employing illegals? I do. The business owner that employees illegals should be fined and go to jail. Don't you agree? Get rid of the jobs and you will get rid of the illegals coming here for work.

That's absurd. How could 46 million Americans be on food stamps with 5.5% unemployment and the polity dancing in the streets, just mad with joy over their collective financial prosperity?

Because many who work qualify for food stamps. That should make you happy - American corporations getting cheap labor.

It obviously makes the left happy..they like to exploit illegals for cheap labor which spreads poverty and increases government dependency....which will lead to votes for the party who gives away the most free stuff..

You mean Walmart is hiring illegals? Seeing as how many Walmart employees get food stamps.
And don't you hate it when those nasty Republicans in COngress defend the employers from any punitive actions for employing illegals? I do. The business owner that employees illegals should be fined and go to jail. Don't you agree? Get rid of the jobs and you will get rid of the illegals coming here for work.
I have never seen an illegal working in Walmart here.

They are too busy making big bucks in construction.

lol, Eureka!

lol.
No, they haven't plummeted.

Hard to plummet from the bottom.

What part of "massive failure" do you not get, in regard to education and educational spending?

Scores were at the bottom in 1970? What bottom?

Prove it.

You mean Walmart is hiring illegals?
walmart?

Seeing as how many Walmart employees get food stamps.

Oh..I see..you don't understand economics and are trying to cover with absurd comments...

Yes..I agree somewhat... except it's the left that wants to keep the border open to allow illegals in to be exploited and underpaid, not the right.

Close and enforce the border.

Deport all illegals.

Problem solved.

I have never seen an illegal working in Walmart here.

They are too busy making big bucks in construction.

Where they are still being exploited because they will work cheaper...which displaces qualified americans..which ALSO spreads poverty and government dependence...which leads to votes for the party giving away the most free stuff...

Get them out of america.

Forum List

Back