Foods you love that others are repulsed by

raw oysters and squid.
This was last year at Papadeaux. I could eat 5 dozen of those snotty little fuckers!View attachment 418611
I went to a seafood restaurant many years ago and ordered clams on the half shell. I figured it would be a variation on clams Rockefeller, which I love.

So the waitress comes with a plate of raw clams, and before she'd finished setting them down, I said "these aren't cooked." She said " they'd better not be," and I told her to take them back because I wasn't going to touch them. She did, and she didn't charge me for them either. Musta pwned 'em off on someone else.

raw oysters and squid.
This was last year at Papadeaux. I could eat 5 dozen of those snotty little fuckers!View attachment 418611
I went to a seafood restaurant many years ago and ordered clams on the half shell. I figured it would be a variation on clams Rockefeller, which I love.

So the waitress comes with a plate of raw clams, and before she'd finished setting them down, I said "these aren't cooked." She said " they'd better not be," and I told her to take them back because I wasn't going to touch them. She did, and she didn't charge me for them either. Musta pwned 'em off on someone else.
I have never had raw clams. I want to though.
I love cooked clams. OMG do i love cooked clams

raw oysters and squid.

Linguini with calamari sauce

raw oysters and squid.

??????????????????????????
Why didn't you eat them?

raw oysters and squid.

Why didn't you eat them?
Because they were raw.

raw oysters and squid.

Why didn't you eat them?
Because they were raw.

As the good Lord made them! They are most delicious that way!

raw oysters and squid.

Squid ink pasta is pretty great.

raw oysters and squid.

Squid ink pasta is pretty great.
I've had that.
raw oysters and squid.

Agreed about cooked clams. I would rather have a big soup plate of steamers than lobster, and I've made that choice many times. Love those big clam shells they pile with stuffing full of chopped clams, breadcrumbs and herbs, drizzle with butter and bake.

Because they were raw.
Personally, I do not eat raw oysters.
Up to 70% of raw oysters are known to carry the Norovirus which will make a person very sick and can be potentially life-threatening. ... :cool:

Food that can't kill you is boring. Ever try fugu?
Ackee and saltfish when I goes to da coast mon...Jamaican boys eat it...aint as deadly as their kryps. Kinda strange cheesy taste. Kill ya dead if it isn't ripe.

People found Head cheese repulsive. my granny made it about once a year after we killed some hogs .Other foods, I grew up eating A'lot of wild life. including squirrels ,frog legs. ,deer, wild hogs. And swamp cabbage people found repulsive until they learned it was heart of palm. Rutabagas .

Forum List

Back