Foods you love that others are repulsed by

I smoked a duck a couple weeks ago and sauteed the insides. It wasnt bad.
Fried chicken livers and gizzards is gross though

Maybe if I make it to Savannah next fall, there's a Korean restaurant where I could try it. I pretty much like Asian, not real good at telling one thing from another.
Most people when they go out to eat asian food it's usually Chinese, Tai, Japanese, or Vietnamese.
For some reason they never consider Korean. Why I don't know? ... :dunno:

What do you do with it? Is it like a relish on the side? I've heard a lot about it, but the whole fermented thing, on top of cabbage being one of my least favorite vegetables, and smelling like old socks, I'm a little leery about trying it. I do like sauerkraut, though, so there's an off chance I'd like it.
While your eating your main dish. You take a bite of some Kim chi every once in awhile.
Kind of like you would with a jalapeno pepper while eating Mexican food.

On a side note: Korean BBQ is wonderful. It's strips of either beef or pork seasoned korean style. Several times I've taken friends who have never been to a Korean restaurant and they fell in love with the BBQ. ... :thup:
One of my primary missions in Savannah will be to try bbq, if it's available, but Korean would work, too. Thanks!

Limburger is one of the very best tasting cheeses but the wind has to be juuuuussst right.
OUTSIDE only kinda cheese .
I was at a large cheese store that sold every type of cheese in the world and offered free samples.
I had always heard of Limburger since I was a kid watching cartoon characters eat some and gag.
But I thought how bad can it really be? So I took a tiny sample bite.
That cheese is the most nasty tasting, foul smelling, stuff you can imagine.
I doubt even a mouse would eat Limburger cheese. ... :cool:

Limburger is one of the very best tasting cheeses but the wind has to be juuuuussst right.
OUTSIDE only kinda cheese .
I was at a large cheese store that sold every type of cheese in the world and offered free samples.
I had always heard of Limburger since I was a kid watching cartoon characters eat some and gag.
But I thought how bad can it really be? So I took a tiny sample bite.
That cheese is the most nasty tasting, foul smelling, stuff you can imagine.
I doubt even a mouse would eat Limburger cheese. ... :cool:
Never smelled it for that very reason."Once ya got it past yer nose, ya got it licked"
I knew a girl who rode horseback a lot.....similar dealio

When it comes to fried liver, people seem to fall into two categories. They either like liver or they hate liver.
As for me, I love eating liver and onions. ... :thup:
Not me. My mom made it all the time but I haven't had it since leaving home many many years ago. I have had and liked sautéed chicken livers though. Lots of olive oil, butter and garlic.

I smoked a duck a couple weeks ago and sauteed the insides. It wasnt bad.
Fried chicken livers and gizzards is gross though
My auntie always chopped up the gizzards fine and put them in the turkey gravy on Thanksgiving. Ugh.
I've done that myself except all the giblets heart, gizzard and liver.
Dogs and cats also love giblets. I'd boil the giblets along with the neck then chop it all up fine for them. A special treat.

What do you do with it? Is it like a relish on the side? I've heard a lot about it, but the whole fermented thing, on top of cabbage being one of my least favorite vegetables, and smelling like old socks, I'm a little leery about trying it. I do like sauerkraut, though, so there's an off chance I'd like it.
While your eating your main dish. You take a bite of some Kim chi every once in awhile.
Kind of like you would with a jalapeno pepper while eating Mexican food.

On a side note: Korean BBQ is wonderful. It's strips of either beef or pork seasoned korean style. Several times I've taken friends who have never been to a Korean restaurant and they fell in love with the BBQ. ... :thup:
One of my primary missions in Savannah will be to try bbq, if it's available, but Korean would work, too. Thanks!
You should have no trouble finding Q in Savannah. Not the best but the south is barbeque country. Be sure to get some hush puppies while you're there.

I don't think that this is gross, but I don't know of anyone else besides my mom being into it...she likes buttered cheerios.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

raw oysters and squid.
This was last year at Papadeaux. I could eat 5 dozen of those snotty little fuckers!
Screenshot_20201119-184204_Facebook.jpg

Forum List

Back