For First Time, Americans Favor Legalizing Marijuana

kiwiman127

Comfortably Moderate
Oct 19, 2010
4th Cleanest City in the World-Minneapolis
It took awhile but that day is here.
"For the first time ever in a Gallup poll, a clear majority of the country – 58 percent – say that pot should be legalized. That figure represents an increase of 10 percentage points since last year, according to Gallup. The poll surveyed 1,028 Americans by phone Oct. 3-6.

Those in favor of legalization skew young and liberal, though the biggest increase of support came among people identified as independents. Sixty-two percent of independents favored legalization in 2013, up 12 percentage points from last year, according to the poll. Sixty-five percent of Democrats favored legalization, vs. just 35 percent of Republicans'
Clear majority favors legal marijuana, new Gallup poll shows - U.S. News

Well, this time I agree with Democrats.:D

"For the first time ever in a Gallup poll, a clear majority of the country – 58 percent – say that pot should be legalized. That figure represents an increase of 10 percentage points since last year, according to Gallup. The poll surveyed 1,028 Americans by phone Oct. 3-6.

Those in favor of legalization skew young and liberal, though the biggest increase of support came among people identified as independents. Sixty-two percent of independents favored legalization in 2013, up 12 percentage points from last year, according to the poll. Sixty-five percent of Democrats favored legalization, vs. just 35 percent of Republicans'

or libertarians;)

Legalization simply makes sense. It's just religious zealots and ignorant ideologues who keep insisting we keep it illegal and senselessly incarcerate people for its use or possession.

Good ! It should be :cool:

Legalization simply makes sense. It's just religious zealots and ignorant ideologues who keep insisting we keep it illegal and senselessly incarcerate people for its use or possession.

More than anyone else, I'd say it's the pharmaceutical companies who want it to remain illegal. They hate competition.

More than anyone else, I'd say it's the pharmaceutical companies who want it to remain illegal. They hate competition.

Or the Liquor Industry for obvious reasons.

And the cartels.

The majority of people in the US want pot legalized. It would be great if it was but too many people have built their little fiefdoms on marijuana being illegal. We can only hope that this time the Government will listen to the majority of the people but that has not been the case in the last decade or two.

No surprise on the percentages in favor and opposed. Conservatives would be at work. Most of them, would not want to be under the influence while working....( sensible people who want to get ahead )

As a realist, fiscal conservative, constitutionalist and liberty oriented liberal, I agree. Frankly, I know a lot of smokers who are part of the engineering and scientific communities. Some extremely bright minds. They are far from lazy, stupid stoners.

As a realist, fiscal conservative, constitutionalist and liberty oriented liberal, I agree. Frankly, I know a lot of smokers who are part of the engineering and scientific communities. Some extremely bright minds. They are far from lazy, stupid stoners.

Dr. Carl Sagan was rather famously a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back