For R&B, blues, soul, funk and easy listening.

I like old school rap if it's not too repetitious. ( that's my general rule for anything pretty much)

Last edited:
My all-time favorite Motown artists are Marvin Gaye and The Four Tops. Pretty much ANYTHING these artists recorded is worth a listen.

I've heard this on Albertson's grocery store intercoms probably 20 times in the last 30 years .
( If you never heard of them, they're like Kroger, Super One, Winn Dixie .....)

I love Steely Dan's Aja album. SUCH smooth, easy listening jazz rock. I like pretty much all of their music and love Donald Fagen's solo album, The Nightfly. Just wonderful stuff.

Walter was a good guitar player but an amazing bass player, then
Steve Gadd , Tom Scott, Lee Ritenour and Larry Carlton among others made it a super group.
Gadd's drums at the end of Aja are sick....and I believe he walked in late and laid the whole thing down in one take.

Somewhere between jazz and easy listening....

I adopted it as a closing theme in 1959 and still use it.

A great composer for sure. He wrote 'Misty' one of the best standards of all time. It is still one of my favorite pieces to play.

I love Steely Dan's Aja album. SUCH smooth, easy listening jazz rock. I like pretty much all of their music and love Donald Fagen's solo album, The Nightfly. Just wonderful stuff.

Walter was a good guitar player but an amazing bass player, then
Steve Gadd , Tom Scott, Lee Ritenour and Larry Carlton among others made it a super group.
Gadd's drums at the end of Aja are sick....and I believe he walked in late and laid the whole thing down in one take.

That was quite the all-star team!

Forum List

Back